Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: websites etc etc

Stuie

Default websites etc etc

Are websites a goer for a mowing /gardening business?
    How do you register a domain name?
    What about website hosting?
    Who will put it all together??
    Thanx
    Stuart

APS_QLD

I hope so stu i am trying to sort one out when i get time i work on my page and i keep changing it I did our club site up but that was a couple of years ago and the brain is no being responsive in reminding me how i did it

I will get there.

Brian

Ebony

I guess it all depends on how you use it Stuie, if you put it in your advertising, on your flyers and cards etc. of course it is going to be highly benfitial as people will look at your website. Some people hand out a portfolio type of thing, why when you can have it all online. A copy of your insurance certificate, photos of the work you've done, contact details, services you offer etc. I know i personally always look at peoples websites if they have one.

If you are going to have a website tho, make sure it isn't a waste of space, I hate going to websites and them not having any info, don't like being left thinking "what a waste of my time"

Example of costings

Registering your website address...
    .com.au domains are around $99 per two year registration period.

Example of hosting costs.

$190 per 12 months gives you...

Domain Name Server Hosting
    20 MB Web Space
    500 MB Transfer per month
    Cgi-bin directory
    Password Protected Directories
    Server Side Includes
    Traffic Statistics page
    Redundant Backbone links
    UPS protected servers
    Diesel Generator backup
    Upgrade Friendly

Anyone interested in getting a website feel free to contact me.

Example of cheaper website design and hosting is Tonyr's website

indmowing.com.au/perfectcut I personally like his photogallery.

All the best

Ebony

Stuie

Hey Eb
    Ive just got www.mow.com.au got to set it up now
    Tonys website is a goodin.
    Any idea who did that??? lol
    Stuart

Ebony

Mate, if you have your own domain, you can do what ever you like with it, put on as much info and make it as flash as you like. Good on ya!

I heard that Tony's website was done by a very intelligent, good looking, talented, lady with a great sense of humour. In fact I heard the lady who did his website is just fantastic, they do't get much better and offers website hosting and design for members at a very fair price

Good Domain name you got there BTW

Tonyr

Hi Eb,

Obviously by now I have had feedback about the job Ebony did for me, all were excellent!

Perhaps I should be PM ing you Eb, What are my options of say getting a shorter domain name pointing at my/our current site?

Not sure if this is an option or not, just something I have been thinking lately....or do I/we need to transfer my member site to it's own server?

I realise there are options, just not sure what options we have with your server's deal...

All I'm wanting to do is get a short url to load up the site for easier access by folks.... I won't post here what I have in mind for obvious reasons lol

Are you doing domain name rego's?

anyway, just an idea...LOL!

Anyway, to anyone interested in Ebony's work, please check my member site out, she did a fantastic job! For an Old Grrrrl she sure knows her stuff!!

Ebony

Pls do PM or Email me with what you are thinking of Tony and I will let you know what is available

Ebony

Tonyr

Oh Eb, also with that inquiry, another thing I'm hoping for is the ability to have email through this domain as well, so on cards, yp etc I'm not promoting the isp, but rather my domain, e.g yobo@torostable.com.au lol not
    yobo@austarnet.com.au

If we could think about this it would be great, I would like to include it in my next yp ad and next biz card prints in a couple of months.

You bought up great points about posting online biz docs. too so folks can see that you are registered, licenced, insured etc....dunno if people would check, but adds useful content which builds credibility, anyone can list stuff, proof is something else...good point.

Talk to you later...

Ebony

That s not a problem at all Tony.

Like I can have ebony@indmowing.com.au, with this email address automatically forwarding to my main email address (optusnet) in my outlook express.

Another benefit of this is that while you have you website you will always have the same email. If you happen to change internet providers you are usually in trouble as you lose your email, this way you just change the forward address to the new address. Hope that makes sense. What I am trying to say is... IT'S ALL GOOD

Ebony

Tonyr

That's it Eb, exactly.

you@yourbiz.com.au looks and is much better than
    you@some-useless-isp.com.au lol.

I'll send ya a pm

APS_QLD

YOBO@Toro LOL LOL .................... I'm speachless I can see it now YOBO @perfectcut.com.au just ask for TONY ROFL

Brian

Tonyr

LOL Brian, glad you liked that! ha ha ha!

Stuie

[QUOTE=Ebony]Mate, if you have your own domain, you can do what ever you like with it, put on as much info and make it as flash as you like. Good on ya!

I heard that Tony's website was done by a very intelligent, good looking, talented, lady with a great sense of humour. In fact I heard the lady who did his website is just fantastic, they do't get much better and offers website hosting and design for members at a very fair price

WHO??
    any more clues?

mick

[QUOTE=Stuie]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebony
    Mate, if you have your own domain, you can do what ever you like with it, put on as much info and make it as flash as you like. Good on ya!

WHO??
    any more clues?
    Not a clue! Probably some crazy witch who has no life! I really wonder how good that sense of humour is by the way!

Topcat

Default Indmowing website

How much will it cost for a website wiith indmowing.

The sites you have done for the guys look great ebony( I want one)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast