Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: websites etc etc

Default Re: websites etc etc

Don't forget to post the URL Islandhead so we can all check out your website!
    ~ Joanne ~

Hi Islandhead.

There's a few things you can do to get your website onto the search engines - the easiest is to submit it yourself.

Time taken to be listed can vary - my first site took several weeks, whilst my new site was listed in 3 days.

All search engines have an 'add url' link on them. If you can't find the link on the home page, type in the search box "how do I list my website on ...(search engine name), and it should give you the link.

As for keywords, I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Look at the sites of others in the business (collegues, competitors etc.) & see what they use.

2. Think as though you are the customer - what would you type in to find a particular service ?

3. Use keywords that describe your business & what you do

4. Use a program such as good keywords (www.goodkeywords.com) to help you & refine your selection.

5. Make sure you repeat your keywords throughout the site.

I also list the areas & suburbs I work in on the site.

For example, when someone types "lawn mowing Newbury" into google, my sites are listed at #3 and #4, whilst my company details are included in the #2 listing.

Having a website has been great for business.

I normally receive 3-4 emails / phone calls from people who found me on the internet each week.

Most of the customers just want someone to do the job, and are only getting the one quote. I rarely get time wasters, or people shopping around for quotes.
    Last edited by administrator; 02-05-2008 at 07:37 AM.
    Stanhope Gardens And Lawns

Gardening & landscaping, lawn mowing, strata cleaning & maintenance, high pressure cleaning

Residential | Real estate | Strata | Industrial & commercial

https://stratamaintenance.net
    https://stanhopegardensandlawns.com.au

Thanks Bruce, that was a great post. Appreciate all the info

Question Re: websites etc etc

Hi All

Newbie here, going at it guns blazing style, have had my site knocked up for free. Really like it particularly the little red mower that comes across the menu bar. have wasted a bit of time just playing with it...the mower guys! Please tell me your thoughts! I think it may scare off some of the cheaper jobs but am so happy with it...probably a bit OTT (over the top) but your thoughts please
    aaronjoneslawns.com
    To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Hi Tree Beard,

Site looks fantastic !

Couple of things I noticed:

Navigation bar doesn't stand out enough against the lawn at the top. I'd make the wording stand out more, then change to a different colour when selected.

Beware too much flash. A lot of people out there are still on dial-up & flash sites take ages to load. Instead of the rotating banner at the top of the page, consider using a different banner on each page.

Personal opinion - don't like the red mower. Site looks very professional - mower doesn't fit in. Also the spacing between nav bar buttons isn't even (i.e. lawns - gardens & contact - links).

But as I said, I think the site looks great. Well done !!!!

Gardening & landscaping, lawn mowing, strata cleaning & maintenance, high pressure cleaning

Looks like you've left no stone unturned. Great site Tree Beard.
    Their all really good. I'd like to do something like that myself. No good having one but unless you promote it, how do you guys go about it?

Quote Originally Posted by tree beard
    Hi All

Newbie here, going at it guns blazing style, have had my site knocked up for free. Really like it particularly the little red mower that comes across the menu bar. have wasted a bit of time just playing with it...the mower guys! Please tell me your thoughts! I think it may scare off some of the cheaper jobs but am so happy with it...probably a bit OTT (over the top) but your thoughts please
    aaronjoneslawns.com
    Mate – site looks great

Suggestion for you should use you web hosting company for email hosting also.
    Why advertise bigpond, aapt, optusnet or some other mob, when you could have?

accounts@aaronjoneslawns.com
    enquiries@aaronjoneslawns.com
    sales@aaronjoneslawns.com

Another advantage of this – you won’t be tied to your internet provider, you can change ISP if you find a better deal without ‘losing’ your email address and becoming uncontactable!
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

lifestyle

Quote Originally Posted by glassngrass
    Mate – site looks great

Suggestion for you should use you web hosting company for email hosting also.
    Why advertise bigpond, aapt, optusnet or some other mob, when you could have?

accounts@aaronjoneslawns.com
    enquiries@aaronjoneslawns.com
    sales@aaronjoneslawns.com

Another advantage of this – you won’t be tied to your internet provider, you can change ISP if you find a better deal without ‘losing’ your email address and becoming uncontactable!
    Yes, absolutely... I totally agree with this. It looks more professional too.

Hi Guys all really good points

(but my little red mower stays:snigger Will look into the email redirection addresses, will have the designer look into the contrast on the top bar after google have reindexed,

Mojoman I look at the site as additional marketing cred. So it is on my cards, my brochures and will be on all of my adds. It also has relivant key words associated with it so it will come up on the net if anyone is looking. I will have this optimised depending on how well it comes up after the reindexing. My hopes and expecations is to do minimal adds (high impact few words or figures) so if the price is not enough they can check out the web page which will give me a bit of depth (I hope in their perception) same as with qouting larger jobs etc.

So in short the page is only a part of my marketing and I will not be relying on it alone. It is part of a larger sales pitch!

Again thanks for taking the time guys I appreciate it.
    Last edited by administrator; 17-07-2008 at 08:25 PM.

Junior Member Just Love Gardening's Avatar

Hi Everyone, I posted in here yesterday to say Hi to everyone , but it seems my info is now is cyberspace somewhere. Just got my own site up and runningonly a week ago . Got my first cut from it this week. My brother put it together for me . So if anyone needs a hand or wants to talk to a webmaster his link is in my site . His is Just Love Trees
    Cheers all
    Just Love Gardening, Lawns and more, based in Kariong, and covering lower Central Coast , including Gosford, East Gosford, North Gosford, Point Frederick ,Green Point, Yattalunga, Saratoga, Davistown, Kincumber, Avoca, Copacabana, McMasters Beach, Bensville, Empire Bay, St Huberts Island, Daleys Point, Blackwall, Booker Bay, Ettalong, Umina, Woy Woy, Horsfield Bay, Phegans Bay, Woy Woy Bay, Koolewong, Tascot, Point Claire, West Gosford, Narara, Mt Elliot, Wyoming, Niagra Park, Lisarow, Ourimbah, Holgate, Erina, Terrigal, Erina Heights, Wamberal, Matcham, Forresters Beach, Bateau Bay, Lawn Mowing, Garden Maintenance, Fertilising, Weed Spraying, Mulching, Pruning, Hedging, Gutters Cleaned
    Email :info@justlovegardening.net

http://www.justlovegardening.net/
    http://www.insyncpersonaltraining.com.au//
    http://www.justlovetrees.com.au/
    http://www.juststumpgrinding.com.au/

I've just re-done my strata website.

Only thing I'm not sure about is the email button.

Feel free to have a look, and any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

www.stratamaintenance.net

Thanks

Hi NWGL

I like your site!

Clean simple lines easy to read and I like the email button.

I sell being insured more on my site but different strokes...

Good work with the site!

lifestyle

Quote Originally Posted by NWGL
    I've just re-done my strata website.

Only thing I'm not sure about is the email button.

Feel free to have a look, and any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

www.stratamaintenance.net

Thanks
    Site looks good...

Email button looks good too, but you should probably integrate a webform or something for contacting. Email harvesting software will pick up your address and you'll be spammed to the gizzards.

lifestyle

Just followed through and found your contact form... i'd do away with the email button (oe atleast hyperlink it to your main contact form page).

i'm a website designer and developer, and happy to help with any advice on websites , building, setting up or anything else web related

cheers all

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast