Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jims Mowing

Alex Callaghan

Nothin wrong with competition.

When you'r very good at what you do and take alot of pride competition just makes you look that much better.

Topcat

Quote Originally Posted by Pain in the Grass
    Yeah and 2400 of "em are in my neck of the woods

I got about 20 around my that I trained & put on the road.

ya orta see the clients face, when they say they called jims/ I know the bloke by name & car & how they charge, all I do is fly under the radar...... the jobs mine......

They recommended me to the client.........

Then I tell the client I trained him.......

Default Re: Jim Mowing

jim's gym's

Talking Re: Jim Mowing

WAIT FOR IT I RECKON ITS COMIN

JIMS RED LIGHT PARLOUR

i reckon he might have thought of it, but his logo, kind of might attract bugger all bussiness. lol

I’m looking into starting out now and looking into a franchise opportunity where they grantee your income so if you buy into $1000p/w work and they give you only $800 worth for that week they pay the extra $200. I will call them again this week and find out what there initial outlay is.

Any opinions

Bargain Stickers

Hi Chatza, you can go into the franchises, but, expect to pay a monthly franchise fee for the duration of your time in ownership of a franchise. Jim's = minimum of $450/mo.. V.I.P. = approx. 500 or more/mo. and James Home Services = 15% of your gross earnings plus other fees. I'm not sure if you're aware, but the franchises only guarantee your salary anywhere from 8 - 13 weeks. What happens after that? Well, most likely the next new guy will receive the phone calls of all the new business because they have live up to their end of the bargain with you now. With Jim's you can pay 14k for a franchise that consists of only territory and very little if any customers at all. If you buy an existing franchise expect to pay around 30k for jims and v.i.p. And here's the best one of all. With James you will pay about 27k for all of your equip., trailer, advertising material, etc. but no customers to start off with.
    I've started in business myself less than a month ago and have done pretty well with very little customers and have locked in quite a few regular customers already. I've had more time to learn and THE GUYS ON THIS FORUM ARE EXTREMELY HELPFUL. Best of all, I have less expenses than with a franchises and get to keep my profit per job instead of having to share it. GOOD LUCK CHATZ and I hope this info will help you make the best decision for you.

steve

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat
    Listening to Jim on the wireless 2day, 2500 mowing franchisee's on the road 2day...
    dont you wonder how so many of them are about but still seem to be making money????????

Jims Funerals will be next the good thing about Jims if you want to start a business say funerals just knock on his door tell him that u want to do Funerals and use his name he says by crikey no problems what a great idea give me money and there you go
    its all done

to easy and u know what good luck to him
    Last edited by administrator; 22-06-2006 at 09:55 AM.

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Bargain Stickers

So that's why Chatza hasn't responded to the post. He's gone to Jim's to ask him to start the funeral biz. Hope you've started mowing Chatza. Good luck!! I'm loving the lawn mowing business.

alrosamowing

Haven’t bought into a franchisee im starting up now registered a business name and abn last week just putting a deposit on a Ute this week and once i get the Ute i will buy machinery gotten lots of quotes on mowers ect. Have 2 real estate agents wanting my services and a few others here and there. Sounds like i will have to quit my full time gardening job at the school soon i hope and start earning some real money

Lancat

Chatza Just some advise don't sell your self short with the estate agent work. When I started out I was approached by two local agents from the add I was running in the local paper.

Both were looking for new mower man. I drove around with both of the agents and looked at their clients properties. Every client I went to was on monthly cuts and the agent had already set a rate. A rate way under my rate and from experience way under the current rate.

Each agent had the same story about why they were looking for a new contractor. The current contractor was unreliable had poor quality of work and the contractor wanting to narrow down the time between cuts during the growing session.

One agent even claimed that he was using (unknown to him) one of my mates as a contractor. A false claim as I worked for my mate whilst building my business up.

The truth was the agents seen my ad in the local paper and was looking for someone to cut there clients lawns at a lower rate.

Thanks for the advice lancast.
    Doing my first quote this week its a garden make over which should be fun and the guy is getting me to become his regular mower man which is a nice start.

Dead right lancat

SEE ALSO

AUSSIE TALK ABOUT FORUM > Contractors Forums > Lawn Maintenenace
    Reload this Page Disgruntled franchisee

from www.cbc.ca

Cell phone study rings up new worries

A study leaked to the British press claims that long-term use of cell phones may cause short-term memory loss.
    The research involved 36 hospital volunteers in Bristol. Half those in the study used cellular phones for 30-minutes a day, while the other half did not.

In memory tests afterwards, the first group consistently performed less well on recall tests.

While scientists are hesitant to make a clear-cut connection between cells and memory loss, they suggest there is a solid link .

"All I am saying just now, is that the relationship is unclear," says Professor Jim Penman of Aberdeen University. "Until that is clarified, it would be sensible to take simple precautions if they can be taken."

The final results of the study are set to be released in April, and Britain's eight million cellular customers are now being advised to connect their mobiles to ear pieces. The devices keep low-level radiation waves away from the brain.

yes i know what you gunna say wheres me phone

bigG

surely it is not the same guy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast