Default Re: Jim Mowing

nar dont think so
    have a look'
    [IMG]
    []

[QUOTE=haireyscarie]nar dont think so
    have a look'
    [IMG]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/285000/images/_288245_jimpenman150.jpg[IMG]

ME STUFFED IT UPis this jim NOT
    []

maybe we should all look @ joining together like say amway etc & wipe old jim off the map & make some extra $$$ by joinin people in the industry !!!!!! hahahahahaahaaa mowing & earning a commision off others lol wouldnt that put a shiver down jim's spine !!!

maybe we could get jim to join in !!! hahahahahahaahahaaa

Jims must be starting a new business
    sell old trailers and make new purchaser paint them

Valued Country Member Shepparton Lawn Care's Avatar

Was flicking through trailers in EBay and there is one at the moment that looks as if the bearded man has just been removed and everything else left on

Saw a jims mowing ad in the local saying there sorry for turning away customers because they have a massave lack of franchisees and if any one wants to join to call them.

I wonder why

All the ones they are turning away a large percentage would be crap that independents refer to them, all my crap customers i give jims or VIP s number,,they have to start at the bottom like the rest of us Keeps them busy lol

i also found this on http://www.notgoodenough.org/index.p...0b831c3c0#jims

Jim's Dog Wash

NGE Member: Roughcoat says:

We became Regional Franchisors in a division that showed a lot of promise for us in the Gold Coast and South Brisbane regions (Dog Wash).

Firstly we became franchisees in late 2003. In an ominous omen of what was to come, the centre piece of the franchise (the trailer) was delayed and not delivered until March 2004. While we waited ever so patiently, we were approached to become Regional Franchisors. I started as Regional Franchisor and as a Franchisee on 1 April 2004.

By October, I had sold my third franchise. Almost immediately the wheels fell off.

Our Divisional Franchisor (manager of Dog Wash) confronted the trailer manufacturer over a price increase. Apparently there was quite a heated argument with the result being the trailer manufacturer refusal to build any trailers for our division for the foreseeable future.

With no other manufacturer building a trailer that was deemed suitable by the Divisional Franchisor, he found a fibreglass boat builder on the Gold Coast, but did no back ground checks. This boat builder agreed to produce a mould and build trailers for the division. First, though, he needed a trailer to use as a template.

As the builder was in my area, I volunteered my trailer, on the proviso that my trailer was needed for only two weeks. Two weeks became six months. I eventually got my trailer back in March, severally damaged with no hope of compensation from the builder or Jim’s, and the division still had no trailers from this manufacturer.

Meanwhile another manufacturer was sourced in Melbourne, and while they completed moulds by February, they decided not to produce trailers. The moulds were then shipped to Tasmania where another company started production.

In a desperate attempt to keep financial, I have sold an investment property, sold a car, and taken out loans. I now work as a salaried employee in Brisbane city Monday to Friday, and work Saturday and Sunday washing dogs in my woeful trailer. I have a beautiful 5 month old daughter and am equally beautiful wife who hardly see me. I am exhausted and broke.

Each month a new demand for $1100 in fees arrives which I can’t pay. The damage to my income earning potential has never been fully recognised by Jim who has insisted on payment of monthly fees and royalties.

Eventually Jim agreed to let me pay fees off over a period of twelve months, but as yet nothing has been produced in writing to advise me how this is to be done, nor does the accounts department know of this arrangement.

Only two days ago I received a new demand from the accounts department now saying that payment is due in full within ten days, and failure to pay will see me summons to court and my Franchisor region terminated.

It’s a sad refection on Jim’s Dog Wash that I am not alone. Indeed, two other Franchisors are in the same boat as me. Broke and struggling to survive.

NGE Note

This feedback was forwarded to the National communications Manger on Monday 15 August on email address: jills@jims.net

I was reading a business magazine about the dangers of franchises once, i cant remember all the details but it went on to say how the wheels fall of franchises, a set of circumstances that sink the ship, dont be suprised if Jims or any other the others sink, its happened before with major franchise companys.

A lot of people will be very suprised, i wont be one of them .

Thats true in 20 years we could be talking on here.

The threads will be "does anybody remember Jims" ?

People dont live for ever nor do businessess

Corporate landscape changes all the time Ansett Compass yates lawnmowing franchise etc

Life just keeps rolling on generations pass away new ones begin

i will be dead in say twenty years or less but the world is still there just movin along
    Memories fade and futures flourish

THATS LIFE

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

[QUOTE=administrator]from www.cbc.ca

Cell phone study rings up new worries

advised to connect their mobiles to ear pieces. The devices keep low-level radiation waves away from the brain.

I am not sure about all that - but tell me, why do you want to keep it away from Brian.

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast