Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Landscape Manager Magazine

Alex Callaghan

Default Landscape Manager Magazine

If you'r not subscribed. Do it!

Excellant publication thats a wealth of information that covers everyting from Equipment, Public perception, Marketing, Insurance, OH&S, Turf Choice, New Turfs types, Prunning, Irrigation, Profesionalism, Engine Oil choices and heaps of other stuff.

I've been subscribed for a while now and I reackon I've learnt heaps from the mag.

There are some great articals in this mag and I wouldn't want anybody in the industrie to miss them.

Makes a great read and is an excellant reference and learing tool.

www.maynepublishing.com.au
    1300 76 4688

Do yourself and your buisness a favour and subscribe and get some back issues too.

There would be some articals that would make great discussion on the forum and if you subscribe ya go into a comp to win a whole lot of honda Stuff.

Tony, you'll like the new Toro adds mate. Picture of a Diesel Z master looking very substantial with the words "EXCESSIVE FORCE" writen underneath. Great addvertising!!

Tonyr

Good Tip Alex, this mag is great, is getting better and better each issue! Used the be Property Care or something, nothing flash, but now all revamped it is good. I like it a lot, very high quality.

Should have a nude chick centrefiold though sitting on a torrro, lol.

With diesel mowers Alex, not sure I would get one, toro diesel...I think I'd look closely at the new model ZD28 Kubotas....I'm thinking the old outdated mid mountr design is ready for upgrades, kubota offers pivoting front end, hydr deck lift etc, and they look great.

Ever had a spin on one yet?

Up here Govt. likes Kubotas, got a few Toros now too, and 2 husky things that turn in the middle.

Only thing with the Kubota it looks the the bum hangs out the back more than a normal ZTR, might bash the nice paneling a bit LOL!

Back to the mag, get it!

Alex Callaghan

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyr
    Should have a nude chick centrefiold though sitting on a torrro, lol.

With diesel mowers Alex, not sure I would get one, toro diesel...I think I'd look closely at the new model ZD28 Kubotas....I'm thinking the old outdated mid mountr design is ready for upgrades, kubota offers pivoting front end, hydr deck lift etc, and they look great.

Ever had a spin on one yet?

Only thing with the Kubota it looks the the bum hangs out the back more than a normal ZTR, might bash the nice paneling a bit LOL!

A nude centerfold would be great of a chick on a Dane would be better

No mate, Never been for a ride on a Kub Z.

They do look good though. But they are expensive for parts and aparently the transmision is "over engineered" so if somthing goes wrong in there (it's a sealed unit with alot of moving parts) the whole insides of the trannie get ripped up. Thats what a local guy here reackons anyway. He said he has had nothing but good experiance with it with 100hrs on it when I spoke to hime but he also said he's not looking forward to the bill when somthing dose go wrong!
    They look like a bloody good mower though. I just reackon ya cash flow would have to be good when for when somthing went wrong.

I'd look at a ZD28, Scag Sabertooth a Kubota out front, and demo an Iseki out front again to refresh the memory if I was looking at a Diesel.

Have you seen the 60HP Toro's with the batwing type things for wide areas?
    They look like they could be good if you had the right work load for em!

Topcat

The other great journal is Power Equipement Australasia, on a par with each other.

Top reading for the trade about $50 bucks a year....

GregG

G'day Fella's and Sheila's

I was sent a complimentary copy of the Landscape Manager Magazine by the publisher and found it very informative and was thinking of susbcribing, but reading Alex's raving about it I reckon I will get a subscription.

On the Kubota issue I tested a ZD18 it's 18hp and 54in . I could only test it in an industrial lot which was dirt and very potholed and at full speed it rode beautifully, due to the pivoting front axle and susp seat (I think it had a susp seat) anyway it was very comfortable and held it's line. It was also very quiet. I did not get to test on grass, so I can not vouch for the 18hp handling the thicker stuff. Also I think it was shaft driven deck, can't find me brochures.

THe 28hp jobbie would be great but at $28,000 or $24,000??? a bit high.