Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Phones are ringing again

Pain in the Grass

Default Phones are ringing again

Hey all..Well the phone"s starting to ring again, Yee haaa!!!!!!! Getting all my regulars calling again and just started advertising last week..Picked up what appears to be five NEW regulars just since then...Got a good feeling about the coming season...Good thing too is that two of those new clients had lawn guys last season and they dropped off saying there's no money in it...Funny thing is both of those contractors were cut price (working for beer money) jockeys...Told clients I was not going to work for that cheap and you gety what you pay for......Stood my ground, explained my work quality and still got the jobs..

Had to laugh as well...I asked one of the new clinets whether they'd had issues with the previous contractor's quality of work..She said, yeah, you know I had to ask him a few times to blow the grass clippings off and I wasnt happy about that...

So there you go,,the cut price cowboys don't last and cant sustain themselves on the paltry amounts they charge the clients...My opinion anyway..

pbm

Quite often when quoting a job the customer says the last guy only charged me this much. My reply is why isn't he doing it now and the answer is always he didn't do a good job or he is out of the business.

Pain in the Grass

how true that is.....

bradtez

Phone is ringing here non stop..3 inches of rain in the last few weeks and sunny days, too many jobs and not enough hours in the day!!. I have told all regular clients that i have had to add a fuel surcharge onto my jobs, have not had one complaint. Has anyone else done the same thing?

Brad