Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Quickbooks

Default Quickbooks

Hi Guys and Girls,

Installed the free version of quickbooks last night.

Entered all my "sales receipts" in for the month. But I cant work out how to mark them as paid or un paid?

Any help would be great.

Ben

Default Re: Quickbooks

its a great programe ive found , when u bring up the navigator you should have received payments , click that and enter the client name and enter the amount paid....also it will show u a report for who owes you what...
    u can make a template up for doing invoices that make u look good as well and ive found bas for the tax is so easy , one click and u have your figures for the bas staments

Just got quickbooks today and i am busy entering the last 8 months of transactions that I have been keeping track of on excel spreadsheets.

I am really impressed with how easy it to use and the reports are great.

Thanks guys. Didn't have it setup right. Now its all working great

Accounting/quickbook question I will be seeing a accountant in a couple of weeks once I have every thing entered , I was just wondering what others do when it comes to lawn mowers trimmers ect.

Do you enter it as a expense or a fixed asset.

Excuse my accounting ignorance if it is entered as a fixed asset should it appear on the profit and loss statement.

Thanks

Excuse my ignorance...

But I thought you guys that were using quickbooks or myob software (that you have to pay a lot of money for) were doing your own tax returns.

Do you get a discount from your accountant for using one of these programs?

I just give my accountant spreadsheets of what I have done and he sorts all the technicalities and complicated tax stuff out, which is what I pay him for.

Am I missing something?

Fair point I could do that with my accountant as well but it is something that I am interested in and want to be involved with,

plus I like the Invoicing and reporting functions in quick books as apposed to the spreadsheets and invoice books i was using previously.

It is cheaper to hand an account a file from your accounting software for them to lodge as most of the hard work has been done for them.

Valued Country Member Shepparton Lawn Care's Avatar

Hi Island head, agree with what you said, but also agree with BGs, we run quickbooks plus-send the accountant our "stick", he does his "thing" with it and we spend more time talking to our accountant about tax and business planning to get the most out of our business, as opposed to sorting out problems with spreadsheets. Also agree with BGS, top reporting functions, profit loss, pie charts, I also look at my "top ten" clients each month and for the year, look at current quarter vs last year etc etc... Great reports at the click of a mouse... Sorry for the dribble but when you are feeling a bit tired..nothing like a report to get some fire back in the belly!

That makes sense, cheers for the quick replies fellas.

I can get all that from a spreadsheet although it is time consuming to program it.

I like the idea of looking up your top customers and past performance at the click of a button though.

I'll think i'll stick with the spreadsheets but I can see now why you people use the other software too.

s to the question of expense vs capital asset the rule is up to 1000 bucks is now regarded as an expenses over that is a capital item and your accountant will depreciate the little bugger..you can put capital item in your quick book list

Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    s to the question of expense vs capital asset the rule is up to 1000 bucks is now regarded as an expenses over that is a capital item and your accountant will depreciate the little bugger..you can put capital item in your quick book list

Champion

Thanks Geoff

soory i posted it my quick books question in the wrong bit
    anyway i need to know if any one has quick books 07/08 accounting version.....the best feature i belive is that u can send invoices via email to the client with a simple click.....at the moment i have to scan invoice then send it via email.....we send something like 30 invoices per month to customers.....mainly business

Hi Geoff,

I have quick books easy start 07/08 and when you create the invoice there is a email icon at the top, click this and off goes the invoice via email quick as a flash.

thanks heaps how much did u pay for that version....sounds great

easy start is $139 its a bit limited but great for knuckle heads like me it is designed to be able to be used by someone with out any accounting/business experience straight away.

down the track I will probably upgrade to accounting $299, I saw harvey norman had Accounting on special for $189.00 after a cash back

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast