Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: David's bookkeeping corner.

Default Re: David's bookkeeping corner.

Correction above - go direct and save you can same yourself $8 or $2.50/month over my offer - but these are small plans with less features.....
    You wont be happy with the Simple Start - and for just $2.50 more than direct Essentials discounted rate, get the Online Plus at $20 for life......
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

QBO Plus for $20/mth locked in…. I'll take up that offer! Ill be in touch though email!

There has been interest and the offer has been taken up by some.
    At this point I cannot keep the offer open beyond the end of June.
    If interested, NOW is a perfect time to act.

You get the full QBO Plus locked in at that discounted rate FOR LIFE, and a few weeks to get your set up/bank feeds, etc ready for start of new financial year.

You'll never get this offer again, so don't be shy.
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Default Re: intuit QuickBooks Online - a fantastic deal for INDI members to keep their books

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne Commercial Mowing View Post
    Hi David,

David, I run 2 businesses, ie:2 abn's, bank accounts etc. How much if I go ahead?
    Hi David,

I will go with it. Will send you an email.

hi david,

any chance about myob account right in future?

thanks

I choose not to deal with MYOB. I have assisted with set ups, but to purchase MYOB go direct
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Default Maximize those tax deductions – Superannuation 2013/2014

Generally, for most expenses they are claimable as a deduction in THIS financial year if :

1. you ACCRUE the expense before end June (for those on accrual reporting/non-cash reporting)
    2. you PAY the expense before end June (for those on cash reporting basis)

Does this also apply for Superannuation?
    Noooooooo......

Regardless of which reporting method you use, superannuation must not only be paid, but reach the Super fund AND the individual member account before end June for it to be deductible in this financial year.

Don't get caught.

https://www.vanguardbookkeeping.com....uperannuation/

Note the tip in my blog that can give small entities (under 20 employees) extra time....
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Default QuickBooks Online discounted pricing extended 3 months.

I didn't expect this - but Intuit are giving us 3 extra months to score the deal of a lifetime with discounted pricing.

You now have to end of Sept 2013 to secure the QuickBooks Online PLUS deal for $20/month for for life through Vanguard.

With just a couple weeks left to end financial year, now really is perfect time to prepare for the new financial year and be better organised before the next peak season.

I've spoken highly about Xero ,and I love the product, however am migrating to QBO Plus from July 1st for my own business - so yes - I believe in the product.
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

I signed up for Davids offer of the $20/mth for life with QBO.
    Its very early days but Im loving it! Bit of a pain to set up but heaps easier than MYOB when I first set it up several yrs ago.

Unfortunately with it being winter I haven't had a lot to input into it (only been 10 days) but what I have Ive found very easy to do. Maybe its the novelty but Im actually enjoying invoicing and inputting expenses etc into it. (not that we like expenses though!!!)

Favourite function so far is that when you email invoices from it, it will tell you if the invoice has been read. I love that so the client cant say they didnt get it etc. Love the bank feeds as well!

One thing Ive found though is theres nowhere to just see the invoices youve sent in one place, like an outbox sort of thing. A work around for me was setting up a new gmail account to send the invoice to as well as the client. Basically, where you put the clients email address, I added mine as well so it sends to both client and me. I just have to remember not to open it myself otherwise it will show its been read.

I know people either like or loath these accounting programs etc but QBO is suiting me to a tee. I wanted a MYOB replacement, in the cloud and Ive found one.

It was very simple to customise the invoice, add payment options, terms etc and is suited to the service industry. I found many others (all actually) didnt really suit the service industry being "Item" rather than "Date of Service." Well, that was my experience with trial versions of all the cloud systems. Things may of changed for sure but this just gives you the option! Easy as!

So anyway, I just want to thank David for the deal and recommend it to anyone thats looking into this kind of cloud system, its a great deal and great product! I dont need anything more thats for sure!

Damm, didn't notice this, i got qbo a few weeks back $21 monthly. They'll raise the price on me after 12 months by the look of it

Quote Originally Posted by cadase View Post
    Damm, didn't notice this, i got qbo a few weeks back $21 monthly. They'll raise the price on me after 12 months by the look of it
    Bugger! It was the "life" part of it through David that made it really attractive to me considering its the "plus" version. Otherwise I would of just gone the basic one straight from Intuit.
    They didnt originally say it was for 12mths. I emailed them and asked and yep, 12mths. By the looks they have it written on the price now!

If you look here, they dont mention 12mths (older).… http://www.intuit.com.au/quickbooks-...g-software.jsp
    Newer price list (12mths) …. http://www.intuit.com.au/quickbooks-...re-compare.jsp

Scroll down to pricing and it will show 12mths… http://www.intuit.com.au/index.jsp

Kinda misleading I think!
    I wonder if theres a way of getting out of your contract because of it. Could argue that there was nothing said about 12mth when you signed up, if there wasnt!

Yeah, not really a big problem, i could always opt out then join again, but entering all the data again will do my head in. You are right though, this is a good version. A few years back i had quickbooks online through Rekon, that, was terrible.

Yeah, not really a big problem, i could always opt out then join again, but entering all the data again will do my head in. You are right though, this is a good version. A few years back i had quickbooks online through Rekon, that, was terrible.
    Is there a way to get a back up file?

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Is there a way to get a back up file?
    There IS a migration path from the Reckon products to intuit's QBO - and it is FREE....
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Reckon's range is a completely different beast to intuit's QBO.
    The old 'Quickbooks Online" was Reckon's Quickbooks enterprise edition installed on their sever and accessed remotely.
    Intuit's QBO is a true cloud solution, and unlike SAASU, MYOB, Xero and others, has no limitations on volume of transactions (not that this would ever be an issue for Indi's)
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast