Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Green waste disposal

Hybrid View

Default Green waste disposal

Hi , since this is a national site I,d be interested to know how you dispose of your green waste & what it costs. eg, we dispose of our green waste at Enviromix in Keysborough Vic & it costs us $9.90 per cubic meter.
    Cheers Dean.

Default Re: Green waste disposal

We get weighed in and out of the tip in Sydney. Green waste at most tips is $22 minimum for up to 200kg, then an additional fee per 50kg. I think its about $6 per 50kg. I dont go much now that we have green bins in the area I service.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamandeves
    Hi , since this is a national site I,d be interested to know how you dispose of your green waste & what it costs. eg, we dispose of our green waste at Enviromix in Keysborough Vic & it costs us $9.90 per cubic meter.
    Cheers Dean.
    In Brisbane its about $8 for 100 kg then about $16 for 500kg we get 10 free 100kg vouchers with our rates and most customers give me theirs so I rarely have to pay at all

Here we pay for it by the trailer load ie. for a 6x4 to the top it is $26 if it goes 1m higher then $46.

But for me it is nothing. I take it to the worm man and he gives me free compost. Not bad ay.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

My local tip has no charge for green waste. But it only opens three days a week.

If I use the main tip near where my lawns are it costs $24 a trailer load green waste or general waste. My trailer by volume hold just under 6 cubic meters.
    To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

I pay $20-$25 per trailer load at Whitehorse or Knox refuse centers.Also have work i do for the city of Monash and are given vouchers to dump green for free at there Notting Hill site.

Here its weighed $45 per ton goes up about $5 every year, It costs me an average $50 per week thats approx $2500 per year Then they sell it as mulch @ $30 per ton theiving mongrels.....

Here on the Gold Coast $9 for full tralier of greens.

yeah Fred gone now hes not very well and had to retire,Eric the boss ( top bloke ) is also retiring next week so look out for the price rises.The new guy i haven't had any problems as its a standard 25 for the ute When i go in just tell him you have a m2 or maybe 2....what gets me with this joint they are closing on the Tuesday at 12.00 so Christmas eve the usual finish up will have to go up the road a pay a frigging fortune,will be making a quick visit to my School client and donate some green waste to the vegi garden compost heap lol.....

Just don't loose it & get banned. (Long story).
    We simply have no viable alternative
    Paying by ASSESSING volume really isn't accurate, particularly for smaller loads.
    You pay $25 per meter, but there is NO part there of.
    Don't even know if its legal, what happened to weights & measures?
    Their rates doubled over night a few years back but, to be fair, haven't gone up since.
    Fred was a top bloke, Eric .... hmmmm!
    10yrs since it opened eh? wow time fly's.
    10yrs since you joined this forum? 4posts?
    You need to tell us a few stories of the past decade. Merry Xmas.
    Cheers Fred

ah fred ya grumpy old buggar lol we do get it good, one ute load 25 went up the road to Clayton and they charged me 88 for a ute load ...bastards..
    I have heard your long story and its long

Yer I know Geoff, clayton tip want to charge by the number of wheels you have on an axle.
    Dual wheels=$130 minimum.......... minimum.
    Cheers Fred.

Dang! What do you guys charge for green waste when you're paying those prices.

In Adelaide it's hit and miss but the most I've paid is $50 for a 4x4 foot trailer loaded to the brim. Usually pay $33.

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

I was using a mob in bayliss rd but went from 15 a mtr to 30 in less than 12 months . Haven't been there for a while now so who knows what their charging. I have a couple of the council greenwaste bins and have resorted to leaving them at customers nature strips on their pick up days to get a free empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    I was using a mob in bayliss rd but went from 15 a mtr to 30 in less than 12 months . Haven't been there for a while now so who knows what their charging. I have a couple of the council greenwaste bins and have resorted to leaving them at customers nature strips on their pick up days to get a free empty.
    We use this place and it really annoys me that they doubled their prices in 12 months like you said Glenn. The other week did a gardening job in Narre Warren so went to tip in Hallam. They wanted to charge us $60, only had trailer half full so drove out. As an experiment decided to go to Hampton Park to compare apples with apples. They wanted $94. Went to are regular spot in Bayliss Rd which is closer to home and was charged $40.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast