Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Green waste disposal

Default Re: Green waste disposal

Zero tip fees here in canberra no matter how much you have, although there is one on the northside that has a small charge.

Able to dump green-waste on a mates property up the road,who is creating massive garden beds.
    Should be in the things that make me happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    I was using a mob in bayliss rd but went from 15 a mtr to 30 in less than 12 months . Haven't been there for a while now so who knows what their charging. I have a couple of the council greenwaste bins and have resorted to leaving them at customers nature strips on their pick up days to get a free empty.
    We use this place and it really annoys me that they doubled their prices in 12 months like you said Glenn. The other week did a gardening job in Narre Warren so went to tip in Hallam. They wanted to charge us $60, only had trailer half full so drove out. As an experiment decided to go to Hampton Park to compare apples with apples. They wanted $94. Went to are regular spot in Bayliss Rd which is closer to home and was charged $40.

I have a contact here on the Northside of Brisbane (Mango Hill) who charges $20/ month no matter how much green waste you have or $10/ load if you dont do monthly. A lot of the green bag collectors you him as well. He used to be free, but the local council made him charge prices due to him using it as clean fill.

If anyone in North Brisbane want his contact details PM me.
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

Burky, can you tell us the dimensions of your trailer & the height you fill it to.
    How many meters do they charge you for, & how many do you think you have?
    Cheers Fred.

Bump !
    Cheers Fred.

hey fred. my trailer is the general single axle 6x4 caged trailer. while it certainly would be closer to holding 3 metres than not, I have always been charged for 2 metres. the usual quote is to charge at the lower end. like I said never had aproblem with fred or eric or anyone before them. haven't been back since mid December but wont be payig for 3 when the clayton tip only charges me $55 for a load.

Hi Burky, your trailer at 1m high holds 2.16m3.
    At 1.5m high it holds 3.24m3, don't see that many 6x4 trailers with a 5' high cage.
    I can't go to the clayton tip, their min charge for a dual wheel rear axle truck is ridiculous!
    Sorry, I missed your reply.
    Cheers Fred.

Still $40 per tonne here. Much fairer than per cubic metre I think. Big changes coming here though. Our only dump for the city is on the opposite side of town to where I mostly work and live. Usually a 50 minute round trip. In coming years the dump is being relocated out of town due to a new bypass that will go through the land. It's going become approximately a minimum 1.5 hour round trip for me which is going to suck.

Took a load of general waste to Wollongong tip last week = $309.00 / tonne.
    Been wondering why there is so much dumped around the place lately.

Too bad they don't use the old system where they would weigh your truck empty and record it on the computer. Then when you came through you'd pay the difference between your truck loaded and the "unladen" recorded weight.
    Old "Mick the mongrel" used to go insane trying to figure out why a 5 cubic metre load was only 300kg. He didn't figure on the 2x full fuel tanks and +500kg of scrap iron under the back seat of the crew cab when I weighed it "empty".
    With a load of gum tree one day, I pushed it a bit far - old Mick snarls - "dump this and come back down for a weight check - something's not right".
    Bugger !
    So's I dump the timber wondering what to do, and beside the greenwaste pile is this mound of blue metal.
    Park the truck near the metal and fake trouble with the tipper - line the under seat with a tarp and shovel in blue metal like mad, then stack all the gear back in the back of the crew cab.
    On the weighbridge the truck was 10kg heavier than on record !
    Mick must have walked around the truck for 15 minutes scratching his nut - the sweet thing was, he knew I had him but couldn't figure out how.
    After he's had a loud frustrated phone conversation to whoever was his senior he had to let me go -

But not before I asked for a refund on the 10kg too much he's charged me .
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

My favourite is Monash on Ferntree-Gulley Road, 16 per 1/2m of green and the girls on the gate are pretty good with their volumes to lawnies. Mind you I don't have highsides on mine so I can reef it down tighter and keep the volume down (thanks Dad for teaching me to do a Truckies Hitch all those years ago), have quoted on loose piles of green waste that were an easy 4m and then been charge $16 to drop it. Gotta love finding dollars in the margins!!!

Councils spend millions each year trying to fight illegal dumping and cleaning it up. They are their own worst enemy because if they didnt charge so bloody much ppl would use the dump more. Dumping green waste should be free if they are on selling it.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

The local dump here just stopped opening on public holidays. First time they did it someone got caught out and just unloaded the rubbish near the front gate. Same as when they doubled the charge for mattresses, old ones started turning up on the side of the road all over the place.

Lake Macquarie NSW $115 per tonne, $305 per tonne for general waste. It makes it hard to try to take on clean up jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by ludrock View Post
    Lake Macquarie NSW $115 per tonne, $305 per tonne for general waste. It makes it hard to try to take on clean up jobs.
    You would be better off getting in a skip
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast