Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Green waste disposal

Default Re: Green waste disposal

Quote Originally Posted by ludrock View Post
    Lake Macquarie NSW $115 per tonne, $305 per tonne for general waste. It makes it hard to try to take on clean up jobs.
    That is crazy.

Try 215 a ton under 500kgs for green here. Drops to 180 a ton over 500kgs
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Mow And Go View Post
    Try 215 a ton under 500kgs for green here. Drops to 180 a ton over 500kgs
    you got to be joking, spend about that for a year

Wish I was joking. Try explaining the cost to a customer. I carry a charter of fees from the tip as proof ffs
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

Those prices are crazy, I complain when a trailer load goes over 30 bucks
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

That's a great idea from mow and go. I'll do a print out of the local disposal fees and keep itin the ute. Thanks!

Is there any other tips in the area even if it is 10 klms away but cheaper it would be worth it. I have found in Adelaide there is a huge variance in dumping fees. Some Councils are bloody rip offs.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    ... Some Councils are bloody rip offs.
    Council or is it the profiteering private operator that the Council has outsourced the 'waste management' operation to "in the interests of efficiency"?
    In general I feel (domestic) waste disposal is an essential service for the community that should be provided/operated by the council.
    Either way, including the landfill levy/fees imposed by the state govt, it's just another way of screwing money out of (ie taxing) the people, especially those who have no choice/alternative.

Joe

Why dont you use Social Media/ FACEBOOK to find a tip site, Im sure a farmer would be happy for a little cash

Quote Originally Posted by seliment View Post
    Council or is it the profiteering private operator that the Council has outsourced the 'waste management' operation to "in the interests of efficiency"?
    In general I feel (domestic) waste disposal is an essential service for the community that should be provided/operated by the council.
    Either way, including the landfill levy/fees imposed by the state govt, it's just another way of screwing money out of (ie taxing) the people, especially those who have no choice/alternative.

Joe

The common denominator I have found is the Department of Environment makes it bloody hard for Councils to operate a tip. Then the Councils now have the mindset of running everything even essential services like a profit making business. In the end they just force ppl to illegally dump ****.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    The common denominator I have found is the Department of Environment makes it bloody hard for Councils to operate a tip. Then the Councils now have the mindset of running everything even essential services like a profit making business. In the end they just force ppl to illegally dump ****.
    This is the big problem, they look at everything as a profit generator but the profit never comes back to the rate payer. Just today I see Noosa council approved 15 new fancy bus stops at a cost of $810,000.00 , really ! WTF comes up with this ****
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by courty View Post
    This is the big problem, they look at everything as a profit generator but the profit never comes back to the rate payer. Just today I see Noosa council approved 15 new fancy bus stops at a cost of $810,000.00 , really ! WTF comes up with this ****
    This is something I've been getting ****ty about for a long time in my area, all these new bus stops with fancy patterned glass. Every weekend they get smashed and every week they replace the glass with the same thing again and again .

I have just recently been told by someone that they do it because it keeps someone in business which means they pay taxes ,which means the local council gets funding to keep the merry go round operating.

No different to the amount of illegal dumping. Someone is paid to clean up the rubbish and then they pay taxes on the income they make, the council claims it as costs and the circus continues.

Its no different to roads being resurfaced and then resurfaced again a few months later they. They do it because if they dont use all the funding they are allocated each year then their budget is cut the following year. What gets me is they could always use that extra money for other things but it would take too long and cost too much by the time they cut the red tape. Phuking joke!!!!!

thanks fred. have given Enviromix away.wont be paying for the pleasure of some arrogant tip troll at the gatehouse telling me how it is. Fred and Eric were great but would rather pay an extra couple of bucks at clayton tip than give Enviromix my hard earned.

i hear you burky my ute normally 25 tried to pull the 50 2 m3 on me....eventually after getting the tape measure out got the 25..with a tool box and two mowers bit hard to stuff 2m2 into it.....

Went to Lysterfield with my normal load around $50 - $80 max usually with the girls on the gate, which I don't mind. Anyways one of the other fellas was on the gate, $130 he says. I politely explain to him that yes while I do have a twin axle high sided trailer it is mainly tool boxes and the actual load area is about 8' x 4', he says like a smart ass well it is what it is mate. After further negotiation he says ill let u off with $96 this time (dunno how the eff he came up with that amount), so I left, drove an extra 10 mins to City of Whitehorse in Vermont Sth, $50 thankyou!!

Whilst I do allow for worst case $130 in my quotes when removing waste, it is very frustrating when the gate shows no consistency with their pricing.

The way most places are heading with their charges it is almost getting to the point where our customers will not accept clean up quotes mainly based on green waste disposal.

Sterlo
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast