Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Green waste disposal

Default Re: Green waste disposal

Quote Originally Posted by sterlo View Post
    Went to Lysterfield with my normal load around $50 - $80 max usually with the girls on the gate, which I don't mind. Anyways one of the other fellas was on the gate, $130 he says. I politely explain to him that yes while I do have a twin axle high sided trailer it is mainly tool boxes and the actual load area is about 8' x 4', he says like a smart ass well it is what it is mate. After further negotiation he says ill let u off with $96 this time (dunno how the eff he came up with that amount), so I left, drove an extra 10 mins to City of Whitehorse in Vermont Sth, $50 thankyou!!

Whilst I do allow for worst case $130 in my quotes when removing waste, it is very frustrating when the gate shows no consistency with their pricing.

The way most places are heading with their charges it is almost getting to the point where our customers will not accept clean up quotes mainly based on green waste disposal.

Sterlo
    Sterlo, save yourself the pain and bring your business to the tip at Vermont South. A little bit further away for your perhaps, but well priced compared to the other Eastern / South Eastern alternatives and their pricing is always consistent.

I'm lucky that it's my closest tip. The other close alternatives are at least 30% - 50% more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by mowbro View Post
    Sterlo, save yourself the pain and bring your business to the tip at Vermont South. A little bit further away for your perhaps, but well priced compared to the other Eastern / South Eastern alternatives and their pricing is always consistent.

I'm lucky that it's my closest tip. The other close alternatives are at least 30% - 50% more expensive.
    Yeah that's where I ended up, unfortunately unless I store it up and take it on weekends the extra traffic is a pita, sometimes would prefer to pay the extra and save the hassle of traffic.

Its a shame cause its a very clean transfer station and I have never yet got a puncture from the joint.
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

I did 2 big garden clean-ups this week and used skip bins as a viable alternative for waste disposal.
    $250 for a 6 cub metre bin versus time, travel & effort plus tip fees @ $85/tonne.

It also feels good knowing you can just keep working around the yard and when you get to the end, the job is finished.... not more gut busting at the tip.

yep, they're handy on big jobs

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by courty View Post
    Those prices are crazy, I complain when a trailer load goes over 30 bucks
    Thirty bucks, i had a full head of hair the last time i paid that price for a full trailer load, lucky buggar.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    Thirty bucks, i had a full head of hair the last time i paid that price for a full trailer load, lucky buggar.
    My little 6X4 trailer has a 2ft box on the front so it's only 3 cublic metres and is always $33 here in Adelaide.
    Almost feel sorry for your Eastern state folk.

As a commercial operator, I have to go over the weigh bridge and it's either $16.50 or $22.50 depending on the weight. If I have other general rubbish, old garden sheds/furniture etc I go to a private land fill and the most I pay there is $15.00. Can't believe some of the prices you blokes pay down south. Can even get free mulch from the tip when they have an excess, but I would never use it in a pink fit. Way too coarse (hard to spread between plants) and hasn't been left in a stockpile for long enough to kill all the nasties.

Quote Originally Posted by troppo View Post
    As a commercial operator, I have to go over the weigh bridge and it's either $16.50 or $22.50 depending on the weight. If I have other general rubbish, old garden sheds/furniture etc I go to a private land fill and the most I pay there is $15.00. Can't believe some of the prices you blokes pay down south. Can even get free mulch from the tip when they have an excess, but I would never use it in a pink fit. Way too coarse (hard to spread between plants) and hasn't been left in a stockpile for long enough to kill all the nasties.

Make the most of it mate. Sooner or later the Council will go down the line of being a profit making business and then your stuffed. The easten states a stuffed now in major areas. SA is starting down the line but thankfully there are still some cheap places to go.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo1 View Post
    My little 6X4 trailer has a 2ft box on the front so it's only 3 cublic metres and is always $33 here in Adelaide.
    What tip you using Steveo. For that trailer at NWAMA behind the RAAF base it would be $25
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo1 View Post

That's less than the price of 1 cube here.

Quote Originally Posted by troppo View Post
    Bet you find that hard to part with!!!

$35 per cubic mtr where I go

I have a local Eco Farm i take my green waste to, he charges $20/ month. All the local green bag guys take there loads to him as well.
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

Quote Originally Posted by djkgrounds View Post
    I have a local Eco Farm i take my green waste to, he charges $20/ month. All the local green bag guys take there loads to him as well.
    Wow, that's a great deal, especially if he's not too far away. Would like to see how he processes all the green waste, as green waste mulched properly is so good for plants - better than any fertilizer.

He composts it first for a few months turning it weekly with his bobcat then runs some of it through a mulcher. The rest he is using around his farm to level off the swampy areas for re-growth.

From his Facebook page:

We own and run a small self sustaining farm on 32 acres at Mango Hill. With a wide variety fruit and nut trees planted, and a plan for goats, sheep, a few cattle, and some pigs, the farm will provide just about every thing the family needs. Hopefully with enough left over to provide a small income as well.

This is our dream, to own and run a small self sustaining organic farm. We have 32 acres, much of it still too low to crop on. But that is changing slowly. The plan is within 10 years to have a home built and a small nursery running.

Really good man with a wealth of knowledge on eco farming etc.
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

Got a half truck load of palm fronds from a clean up job then realised, enviromix don't take any palm material.
    Heading to Warragul on Monday from Bayside, can anyone recommend a green waste/tip that I could use & approx cost ?
    Cheers Fred.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast