Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A whole new start

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Exclamation Re: A whole new start

g'day fella's.
    Have my first official job tomorrow. Bit nervous.
    I nearly stuffed the whole thing up when I got the phone call
    I thought it was a friend of mine pulling my leg.
    Luckily the lady saw the funny side of it all.
    Descent size job nature stripe alone is the size of my backyard.
    Just hope I dont stuff it up.

Default Re: A whole new start

good luck mate , just take your time , dont count the minutes just ease into it and think of it as your own lawn and what you would expect..mate it will be a breeze..but dont rush it..

just listen to what the other geoff said and just aproach it as another day with can do attitude , and mate you will be finished done with no problems

Very Helpful Member

and remember if it takes longer than you thought it would don't get disillusioned with practice and experience you should be able to at least halve the time it takes to do the work and if it takes as long as you thought just think how quick it will be with the practice
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Thanks for the encouragement guys.
    Thing is I haven't even given her a price yet she just wants it done.
    Think I'll ask her if she has had a contractor in before and what she
    paid before I give her a price. Just hope she wasn't paying 20 bucks or something stupid like that because I know its worth a lot more.

Thumbs up Re: A whole new start

Good Luck Glenno, as geoff said just take your time , I think its totally normal to be abit nervous once you get going that will go, let us know how ya go mate,,

Well, it turned out that she only wanted a quote. Couldn't believe she wanted to pay someone else to do it. Her son of at least 17 stood around the whole time I was there listening. Aparently he couldn't be bothered mowing it even though there is a nice ride on sitting in there garage. Anyway wasn't a bad day got another call and scored an $80 job as well as a call about a garden makeover,which is looking very promising. Just having trouble doing a written quote as I have never done a written quote before and not quite sure of all the details I should include. Doesn't help when the guy keeps changing his mind about part of the design he wants

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12