Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Sure Fire Way to Annoy Indian Telemarketers

Default Sure Fire Way to Annoy Indian Telemarketers

For a while I have been getting these regularly on my mobile about 1730 hrs most days. Now I strike back when i know it is them I try selling them some lawn mowing or gardening and keep interrupting them to do it. It works a treat and pisses them off no end. They now actually hang up on me or better still don't ring back. I am actually getting to enjoy doing it.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Default Re: Sure Fire Way to Annoy Indian Telemarketers

Don't know if this is along the same line of the "chasers black comedy skit" but .
    it seems there are other ways of annoying Indians half their country seems to be talking about all the racist aussie thugs downunder!

Well I am not racist and I don't abuse them (well maybe a bit). Just give them a bit of their own medicine and try to sell them something, with dogged persistence of course, that they have absolutely no need for, didn't ask for in the first place and probably cannot afford or are even vaguely interested in.

The most classic reply to date is "But I don't even live in Australia" to which I politely enquired "Well if that is the case why the f*** are you trying to sell me your crap". Mostly I just get an exasperated sigh and they hang up. Works for me
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

You can always do the Seinfeld trick and ask them for their home number and tell them you will call them back later.

had one ring me once and told him i wasnt interested he kept going on so told him no not interested and im going to hang up now and i did so he rang me back and got abusive with me for haning up f$%^^ did he end up getting the quick and none polite version of not interested , now when thay ring i just say kind of buisy but speak to me and tell me all about it then once thay start i just put the phone down and walk away go back 5 minutes later by then thay have hung up - also brothers a mechanic and was at his work place one day when thay rang his mobile and he was buisy under the bonet of a car so he held the phone against the horn and the fellow worker pressed the button could almost hear the telle marketer screaming .

Are you on the Do not call register bluey? I have noticed a real reduction in calls from people trying to sell me crap , we still get a lot of calls from charities but My wife has a soft spot for them and always gives money and they must tell each other because we get a few a week but they are exempt from the register anyway.