Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ride on

Default Ride on

Some help needed guys, I'm looking at buying a new ride on its come down to three and I just don't know which one to go for. I want a narrow machine no wider than 36 inch cut for access reasons. Ok the list is 1 The toro z300 34inch cut full commercial machine 19hp kawasaki number 2 is the hustler superduty 36 inch cut 17 hp kawasaki number 3 is the dixon blackbear 34 inch cut 17hp kawasaki. I'm leaning toward the hustler any advice

Default Re: Ride on

I have the Toro, one thing to consider is it is 2 HP more, which could be useful. But consider the small walker, it does have the out front deck. Otherwise only advise would be take all of them for a test. No real complaints about the Toro.

I have a blackbear and have no complaints - good reliable basic machine. The 34inch has got me a couple of jobs because of being able to access narrow gates so take that into account. The extra couple HP on the Toro may be useful but probably only if you are doing overgrown stuff or maybe? when using a catcher also. One thing is to see how they "tear up" lawns when turning - operator control can be a factor i know, but the weight of the machine may also be a factor. Also I think they are not making blackbears from 2010 onwards but there should not be a problem with parts!

Mark, just do a few good demos on same sort of lawn (length, thickness, moisture etc) and see which does best.
    I would also see which one is most comfortable, do your knees get in the way of the drive sticks and is the deck lift easy to reach etc?
    Can you get a suspension seat on any of them?
    Will these machines be going on any hills? Test them out and do some turns, mow up hill and see they compare.

Dealer support, belts and blade prices should be a consideration.
    Which has the best warranty?

Have a look at Graden as well. They make a 36 inch ZTR and they are made in Australia. They have 2 discs with swing back blades and a pivoting front axle which the other machines probably don't have.

Senior Member TOO EASY YARD CARE's Avatar

hustler for the win i have one and u wont get a better machine

Yep, I've got a 52 inch Hustler Fastrak with nearly 1000 hrs on it and still going strong. I have a Toro 48 inch z master as well. The Toro is faster but the Hustler is more manoeuvrable and better balanced. The Toro wants to lose traction a lot.

Can't argue with you, great machines, they also have the same name as a dirty magazine.
    Glenn.

Rockin Re: Ride on

What are the prices of these machines? how does the toro mow through thick grass? I have a 42inch cub cadet would these **** all over it? i'm also thinking of an update soonish

Senior Member TOO EASY YARD CARE's Avatar

my hustler is like a slasher i done a vacant block yesterday chest hight thick grass not a problem even had a crap set of blades on it only i problem in the thick grass u sit so low its hard to see where your going hahaha if any sunny coast guys a looking at buying one of these let me no ur more then welcome to try mine

Quote Originally Posted by TOO EASY YARD CARE View Post
    my hustler is like a slasher i done a vacant block yesterday chest hight thick grass not a problem even had a crap set of blades on it only i problem in the thick grass u sit so low its hard to see where your going hahaha if any sunny coast guys a looking at buying one of these let me no ur more then welcome to try mine
    I put my 17hp dixon through one quite high and dry so ur Hustler should over it
    I received my Ferris 48inch with 21hp kawa on it so when i get it cleaned up and looked over will see what the extra blade, horsepower and suspension does
    Only got 120 hrs on it but i reckon for those 5 yrs the fella mowed his 8 acres he let it get high like yours cause it looks very rough around the edges, but seat, hand grips, under deck etc all look quite unused! Just hope the motor hasnt copped too much of a flogging!

Price is not an issue they are all within $200 bucks of each other all around $9500 And all commercial machines. Problem I spoke to the hustler guy today none in stock anywhere 30 coming into the country soon all sold he will let me know if someone pulls the pin. That tells me something about hustlers. The toro dealer is around the corner he has the 34inch machine on the floor and is keen to do a deal but I really do like the hustler.

You could call Hustler importer directly and see what the go is. Search Hewlett Equipment and you'll find the number easy!

Yeah Mick thats who I spoke to they reckon they have 200 mowers on back order they are just waiting for the containers to show up.Thats a lot of bloody mowers

Ive seen the warehouse honestly packed to the rafters! Crate after crate of mowers. Was a sight to behold!

Why not buy one direct from overseas. There's a thread live at the moment about this. May be worth looking into. If you go with an importer he is going to add extra and with the Aussie $ going through the roof why not give that angle a go. Can't hurt.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast