Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whipper snipper

Default whipper snipper

problem with back up ryobi whipper snipper { yeh i know there crap } but find it good and light in some areas about 2 years old never missed a beat turned it off now wont start - getting fuel also has spark muffler clean . fuel lines fine changed plug - any ideas

Default Re: whipper snipper

Possible broken piston ring or stuck needle and seat in the carburator..(This happens when the machine is not used for a while and the fuel goes off in the carbi)...Check if it has compression (I assume its a two stroke)..
    Other than that replace the plug and check fuel oil mix with fresh fuel..

cheers wattle GC

yep has plenty of compresion - think it must be in carby flodding it .
    its just a handy little machine for some places and ran perfect didnt miss a beat turned it off now wont start= frustration = noticed the plug seems to be very wet so maybe in carby

Quote Originally Posted by geoff1969
    cheers wattle GC

yep has plenty of compresion - think it must be in carby flodding it .
    its just a handy little machine for some places and ran perfect didnt miss a beat turned it off now wont start= frustration = noticed the plug seems to be very wet so maybe in carby

Seems like carby.. Possible stuck needle and seat This makes the fuel bowl float remain high thus flooding it with fuel. It only take a little bit of grit to make this happen.. Does it have a fuel Filter?.(if so ,may need changing)..
    Remove the carby and give it a bit of a clean taking note of the needle and seat and make sure the float can moove up and down..

If the plug is wet, that says to me that it is getting fuel into the cylinder. Check that the fuel is fresh and doesn't have water in it or anything. If you think it's flooded turn the choke off hold the throttle on flat out and pull it over and see if you can get it to fire. If you can get it to actually run, a lot of the time the engine compression can suck the crap in the carby through and they can clean themselves out.

hi grease monkey
    yeh plug is realy wet so yeh definately flooding checked the needle and seat not stuck - filter in tank clean - good compresion - new spark plug with spark so flooding itself tryed as you said turned choke off and full throtal about a dozen good pulls and seems like fuel running straight through and out muffler so id say thats the problem , was running fine i turned it off then just wouldnt start brothers a mechanic will get him to look at it not worth paying a shop to fix $180 machine , maybe a key way or some thing has let go when restarting it and now fireing at wrong time just handy little machine in some tight spots and around shrubs etc .
    big thanks to
    wattle GC and grease monkey for advice
    cheers geoff

I bought a Stihl bent shaft when I first started out - was pretty p**ed
    off to find out it was a re-branded Ryobi when it crapped out. Recently
    got a Makita as a back-up,good price with a Robin engine.

yep its interesting who buys what off who and then relabels it as there own - or what companys are conected to each other .

mabye there a thread in that

as for mine brother has it now said he will have a look at it when he gets a chance he also said its a pice of crap and it was possessed and its time it died.

I guess you get what you pay for..I now use all husky equipment and glad i changed..Cost a bit but definatly worth it..

tHE ONLY HUSKYS I BYE ARE CHAINSAW THEY ARE THE BEST EVERY THING ELSE STIHL {BYE THE BEST BYE IT ONCE, BYE SECOND BEST BYE IT TWICE THATS MY MOTO}

Why buy a Husky when you buy the best for everything else, but you buy the second best chainsaw. Sthil saws are awesome

Japanese for me,European made products seem to be getting too iffy -
    "made on a Mon/Fri" scenario.Kawasaki/Shindaiwa all the way!

My chinese Baumr 22" saw has done a mountain of work,still going like new & I'll replace with the same when it dies for the price(cheaper than a new bar & chain)

Quote Originally Posted by geoff1969
    problem with back up ryobi whipper snipper { yeh i know there crap } but find it good and light in some areas about 2 years old never missed a beat turned it off now wont start - getting fuel also has spark muffler clean . fuel lines fine changed plug - any ideas
    Did you fix it?
    It sounds like your carby metering diaphragm has gone hard and is keeping the needle valve open, happens all the time especially if you do not use the machine on a regular basis, the gas will make it go hard, change a lot in my shop . If you change this it should fix your problem it looks something like this
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye
    Japanese for me,European made products seem to be getting too iffy -
    "made on a Mon/Fri" scenario.Kawasaki/Shindaiwa all the way!

My chinese Baumr 22" saw has done a mountain of work,still going like new & I'll replace with the same when it dies for the price(cheaper than a new bar & chain)
    Aggh each to their own.. Thats why we drink diffrent brands of beer..It all tastes diffrent but the end result is the same .Its how we all handle the hangover that matters..

over the years ive used the old echoes when they first came out then Dolmar then Huskies but my 2x Shindaiwa T270 out performs anything i have previously used

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast