Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what to charge for acreage mowing

Default Re: what to charge for acreage mowing

I'm gonna measure one up when I am there next. Looks like a average sized ground.

Question Re: what to charge for acreage mowing

Hi Guys, I have got a farmlet to quote-havnt seen it yet but apparently 5 acres. It is about knee high at present and generally flat.
    In Melbourne what is a approx general going rate for 5 acres for a regular mow? What can you get regular on a farmlet 3, 4 weekly??
    I would think it needs a good walking through but what other tips do you all have.
    Havnt got the ferris up & running yet, was going to do the general service myself but no time. Might have to pay for a full service if i get this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmowing Wheelers Hill View Post
    Hi Guys, I have got a farmlet to quote-havnt seen it yet but apparently 5 acres. It is about knee high at present and generally flat.
    In Melbourne what is a approx general going rate for 5 acres for a regular mow? What can you get regular on a farmlet 3, 4 weekly??
    I would think it needs a good walking through but what other tips do you all have.
    Havnt got the ferris up & running yet, was going to do the general service myself but no time. Might have to pay for a full service if i get this one!
    It all depends on what size machine you have, how many obstacles there are, what sort of grass, tall whispy stuff will be different to tall thick kikuyu. Quote a first up price and then lower it for a reg. service, ask if they mind if you spray out all fence lines and trees etc. to make it quicker. I use a Kubota 60" deisel ztr and would charge between $300 - $500 depending on difficulty figuring it would take about 3hrs. Remember these machines are expensive to run, so charge accordingly.

Quoted the 5 acres, but after leaving, I was thinking its too cheap. Dont think I really want it as I was too scared to walk through the grass starting at knee high but looking like chest high the further you went in Put $1350 on it but would struggle anyway
    The little asian fella with two guard dogs only wanted it done Yearly!!
    While I was there some fellas who bought the block next to it (5 acres) six months ago wanted a quote also. I said when you get a tractor to slash it I will do it monthly for $450-500. They then want all thecreeping plants & grass over fencelines killed also. Didnt have time to walk all the fences so again said get it slashed and I will give you a price when I do the 1st monthly mow, most likely just add an amount to it and clean it up over a period of 6 months or so. Anyone have a good commercial sprayer - not backpack, I mean a petrol powewred one!!

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmowing Wheelers Hill View Post
    Quoted the 5 acres, but after leaving, I was thinking its too cheap. Dont think I really want it as I was too scared to walk through the grass starting at knee high but looking like chest high the further you went in Put $1350 on it but would struggle anyway
    The little asian fella with two guard dogs only wanted it done Yearly!!
    While I was there some fellas who bought the block next to it (5 acres) six months ago wanted a quote also. I said when you get a tractor to slash it I will do it monthly for $450-500. They then want all thecreeping plants & grass over fencelines killed also. Didnt have time to walk all the fences so again said get it slashed and I will give you a price when I do the 1st monthly mow, most likely just add an amount to it and clean it up over a period of 6 months or so. Anyone have a good commercial sprayer - not backpack, I mean a petrol powewred one!!
    Why dont you get a good 12 volt one. Thats what we used to use on the farm. Then just drive around on the tractor tank on the slasher and cord to the battery and spray the hell out of the weed you would spray the edgining of 5 acers in under 2 hours like that.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

i wonder how much acreages go for in townsville. a bit too far out for me though when I get my big machine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12