Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tipping Fees

Default Tipping Fees

Just interested to know what you guys are paying to dump your green waste out there.
    Im in Melbourne,,,,nothern suburbs...and went to my local dump the other day (cause it was the cheapest), handed over the $25 fee only to be told that is was now $40...that a 60per cent increase over night....got the usual response from the guy on the gate...."'just pass it on to your clients"' he says......how would it be if I/we all told our clients their fees were going up 60%...we'd be outa businees over night.
    Have checked out a few more dumps around,...Brunswick, Heidelberg, Epping...and they are all at least $40 a load...mixed rubbish up to a minum $75 per load...
    Anyway...got that off my chest...but would be interested to know what you are paying...and if any of you Melbourne guys know anywhere that still has a reasonable rate.. at a reasonable driving distance
    Spring is just around the corner..
    Cheers
    Mark

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Default Re: Tipping Fees

Cranbourne is $28 for a 6x4 caged trailer full from memory have'nt been for a while, I have so far been able to get away with green waste bins. Although have'nt done any big prunning jobs yet

around $26 a cubic meter for green waste and $ 56 a cubic meter for hard mixed waste

9.90 per cub metre for clean green waste....dingley off boundary rd...also have great mulch for 30 bucks a metre , you buy the same stuff from a garden yard supplier for 60...

My local just went up

7 x 4 - level to sides

Sorted $24.50. Non Sorted $43.50

7 x4 up to 1m meter over level

Sorted $27.00. Non Sorted $50.50

7 x4 up to 2m meter over level

Sorted $27.00. Non Sorted $50.50

10 x 6 trailers range from

Sorted $39.00 to $59.00. Non Sorted $86.00 to $146.00

Not bloody cheap. Luckily I get rid of most of my greenwaste to a worm farm but I still have to take the big stuff and general refuse there. It gets expensive for the client but most understand and I show them a copy of the fees if they quibble
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    9.90 per cub metre for clean green waste....dingley off boundary rd...also have great mulch for 30 bucks a metre , you buy the same stuff from a garden yard supplier for 60...
    One day I,ll run into you there Geoff. Dual cab Mazda T4000 tipper, usually pulling a grey trailer with a double decker mower ramp Sorry 4 the hijack guys.
    Cheers Dean.

n owoories dean ..seen your fine set up..will make myself known...toyota ute usually..usually smiling at the jims sad faces

Senior Member The Local Gardener's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elitemow
    Just interested to know what you guys are paying to dump your green waste out there.
    Im in Melbourne,,,,nothern suburbs...and went to my local dump the other day (cause it was the cheapest), handed over the $25 fee only to be told that is was now $40...that a 60per cent increase over night....got the usual response from the guy on the gate...."'just pass it on to your clients"' he says......how would it be if I/we all told our clients their fees were going up 60%...we'd be outa businees over night.
    Have checked out a few more dumps around,...Brunswick, Heidelberg, Epping...and they are all at least $40 a load...mixed rubbish up to a minum $75 per load...
    Anyway...got that off my chest...but would be interested to know what you are paying...and if any of you Melbourne guys know anywhere that still has a reasonable rate.. at a reasonable driving distance
    Spring is just around the corner..
    Cheers
    Mark
    hi elite mow, $30 tops, full to the point of spewing everything over the edges. Wantirna South..

$20 a cubic meter here in perth at cockburn tip they only really do it by the traler or ute load as ive gone in there with my enclosed trailer packed with about 5 cublic meters of lawn clippings they dont care. we also get 10 tip passes a year with our rates and they do green verge collection about 3 times a year pretty sweet really ive never had to pay as i get my pops passes and my neibours too swish

Grange rd Dingley Village is the cheapest for green waste (sometimes they do stand over you while your unloading to make sure its clean though). What we do now is have the 240 litre garbage bins, at present they cost $6.60 inc. g.s.t each per pick-up. We can fit 5 bags of grass per bin and they pick it up and only charge for the bins we put out. I find it great no more rushing to get to the tip before they shut and i dont have stinky bags lying around the house or in the trailer. We average 4 bins a week in spring which amounts to $26.40 which works out the same as the cheaper tips with no time wasted driving there and back. But its only a good option if you are mainly mowing lawns or weeding any bigger stuff and your better off going to the tip.( too time consuming to cut the stuff up!)

Green waste $52 a tonne too much theiving b@stards

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve
    Grange rd Dingley Village is the cheapest for green waste (sometimes they do stand over you while your unloading to make sure its clean though). What we do now is have the 240 litre garbage bins, at present they cost $6.60 inc. g.s.t each per pick-up. We can fit 5 bags of grass per bin and they pick it up and only charge for the bins we put out. I find it great no more rushing to get to the tip before they shut and i dont have stinky bags lying around the house or in the trailer. We average 4 bins a week in spring which amounts to $26.40 which works out the same as the cheaper tips with no time wasted driving there and back. But its only a good option if you are mainly mowing lawns or weeding any bigger stuff and your better off going to the tip.( too time consuming to cut the stuff up!)
    I have been banned from here(but now Im back again ) for too much soil on the agapanthus roots . Was told to wait till he brought back the loader but after a while he didnt return, so I left. BAD MOVE. On my next trip was told I was banned . Eventually worked my way back in thank god, it would cost us thousands extra a year if we could,nt use Enviromix.
    Local tips cost a fortune & the next green waste recycling is too far to be a viable option. Be carefull there is no alternative for miles.
    Cheers Dean.

Sounds like a good idea Scooby...might have to do the maths....spring just around the corner...
    Cheers
    Mark

Hey Scooby who do you get the bins from? Sounds ideal for me - probably spring & autumn only though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast