Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tipping Fees

Default Re: Tipping Fees

Hey Black Bear i use J.J. Richards and Sons. Maybe get some prices from others as well you might get it cheaper? I felt that price was fair so i didn't bother looking anywhere else. Service has been great even managers to get all the grass out of the bin. If you take a week off or have no bins to put out and you notify them early enough they wont pick up for that week. One negative though one hot summers day he came to pick up at 3am to beat the heat. I wasn't happy at being woken at that time (neither were the neighbours) so i rang them and told them not before 7am, been no problems since usually picks up around 11am nowadays.

Very Helpful Member

whitehorse transfer station on burwood hwy now weigh everything in including green waste on a single trailer used to only pay minimum amount for single axle trailer and double axles were weighed
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Very Helpful Member

they have also increased the fees for general rubbish
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Does anyone know of waste and recycling centre locations?
    I need one in Ingleburn NSW...
    Cant find one on the net... Campbeltown council doesnt have one?????
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Very Helpful Member

http://www.camden.nsw.gov.au/page/wa...acilities.html
    mind you i've just looked at this and i don't know how anyone could afford to pay these prices
    http://www.sita.com.au/media/about_u...210_July_1.pdf

Thanks Ian.
    Damn. More expensive than sydney
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

geez and no doubt the prices will be going up again july 1st.. mine went from 45 - 55 for a ute/small trailer 95 - 150 for a small truck

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    Hey Black Bear i use J.J. Richards and Sons. Maybe get some prices from others as well you might get it cheaper? I felt that price was fair so i didn't bother looking anywhere else. Service has been great even managers to get all the grass out of the bin. If you take a week off or have no bins to put out and you notify them early enough they wont pick up for that week. One negative though one hot summers day he came to pick up at 3am to beat the heat. I wasn't happy at being woken at that time (neither were the neighbours) so i rang them and told them not before 7am, been no problems since usually picks up around 11am nowadays.
    I have a couple of jj bins and get them picked up every monday morning. Works out more expensive than the tip but its the convenience that I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    I have a couple of jj bins and get them picked up every monday morning. Works out more expensive than the tip but its the convenience that I like.
    About to go up Glenno did you notice the line at the bottom of the writing on the last invoice.

Tips are going up again 1st of July extra government taxes apparantly not sure about enviro but i'm guessing they will too.

For us, a full tandem cage of green waste is $28 and as of July 1st $36.

But in the centre of the city, green waste clippings for a full tandem load are $12 and grass is free.

You guessed it, I'm not complaining especially after reading what the city boys/gals pay.
    Our councils hand out up to 4 free yearly tickets too, which customers give us to use for there house.
    Plus 95% of clients have the green bin, so you fill that and take may be one chaff bag at most for lawn only jobs.
    Cheers Garry

Wow - we are pretty lucky here in the nations capital -
    2 privately run landscape yards take green waste free and recycle it into mulch. There is one northside and one southside.
    One other landscape yard takes it for about $1 or $2 per trailer. We dont have any green waste bins though.
    If you dont know about them you do have to pay at the actual tip, not sure how much cos I never go to it.

U guys and girls r lucky enjoy the low tip prices while you can we use to have free tips but it was a while ago use to go there everyday almost even if i only had one or two bags of stuff arrhh those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    U guys and girls r lucky enjoy the low tip prices while you can we use to have free tips but it was a while ago use to go there everyday almost even if i only had one or two bags of stuff arrhh those were the days.
    Yep, dump grass almost daily with almost zero travel, whilst I dumped 4 only Indy chaff bags today, because I could. It's a luxury I dont't take for granted.

Edit; the local country Grain, Metal, Tool and Farm supplier in the heart of town has their mega end of yr sale on again next week.
    I posted such info last year and scanned/inserted the advert. The main item to me is the Roundup 450 20ltr at $75 being on again for $75 again this year. Will stock pile 3 yrs of supply.
    But will take the plastic card just incase other things look interesting for my workshop.
    Cheers Garry

I used the one at seven hills recently with 2 full loads in my ute... cost me $40 both times (green waste).

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ben6 View Post
    I used the one at seven hills recently with 2 full loads in my ute... cost me $40 both times (green waste).
    My last trailer load there was $49.50... that was a few months ago now as a one off, and hopefully never have to go back

Watch the price go up July 1...

What I would do to pay $1 or $2 for dumping grass... anyone in Sdney willing to take my grass

Simmo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast