Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tipping Fees

Default Re: Tipping Fees

We are still very lucky, green waste is free up to 6 cubic meters. Its all mulched and for and sold for a reasonable price.

Thru summer I could go to the tip up to 3 - 4 times a day.

Jason

The tipp at rockdale charges $45 minimum for green waste,used to be $30 upwards until it was privatized,likely to go up again in July...

Menai is min green waste $37
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Well dumping fees in SA are set to increase by 28% across the board. We can blame the increase in the waste levy from the government for that and you can bet it will go up further due to the carbon tax.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Bluey i can see alot of unscheduled free mulching happening in the hills area.

Was dumping a load of greens at the local tip last week, and they happened to have the big mucher in to mulch it all up. Got talking to one of the guys and he said it cost them $11,000 to have the mulcher there for the day. Supposedly only $6k last time.

Quote Originally Posted by ASTRO View Post
    Bluey i can see alot of unscheduled free mulching happening in the hills area.
    Lol...Yep reckon your right mate.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Do most peoples dump go on cubic meter rather than weight. Our dumps have weigh bridges and they weigh you on the way in and weigh you again on the way out. I really question them though as sometimes i can weigh so much leaving than couple of hours latter go to the dump again and leave and there will be up to eighty kilos difference as im leaving compared to the last time i left i understand there would be a slight difference due to fuel but it will often change dramaticly of like thirty kilos on the second and thirds run as i said once was 80 kilos.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Quote Originally Posted by Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden View Post
    Do most peoples dump go on cubic meter rather than weight. Our dumps have weigh bridges and they weigh you on the way in and weigh you again on the way out. I really question them though as sometimes i can weigh so much leaving than couple of hours latter go to the dump again and leave and there will be up to eighty kilos difference as im leaving compared to the last time i left i understand there would be a slight difference due to fuel but it will often change dramaticly of like thirty kilos on the second and thirds run as i said once was 80 kilos.
    Ours does it by size of trailer, and than depends on what mood they are in can vary by heaps.
    Remember if you put fuel in that can add a lot of weght, 1 litre is 1 kg, so if you had just put fuel in between visits it can be a big difference

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    Ours does it by size of trailer, and than depends on what mood they are in can vary by heaps.
    Remember if you put fuel in that can add a lot of weght, 1 litre is 1 kg, so if you had just put fuel in between visits it can be a big difference
    no extra weight and not filling up i wouldnt have anymore than 50 litres all up i only ever put half in tank about 30 litres half fill the jerry and 1 litre of two stroke mixed out of fuel from the jerry.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123