Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: New Customer

Viceroy

Default New Customer

Got a new customer today.
    They require 6 - 8 hours per week every week, this can be done any time and on any day. Also can be done 2 hrs Mon 1 hr Tue etc etc
    Nice family with 4 nice kids and very open to chat.
    Its also in my Suburb so 2-3 min drive away.
    Will have to se how it goes, more so over summer.

mick

I occasionally see these types of jobs in the Positions Vacant in the paper. I haven't tryed for one although it could be ok if the moneys right.
    One thing I'd be concerned about is if you do this once a week and start turning other jobs down, what happens when/if you loose this job. You'll have to find more work to cover it!

Hope that made sense and its just a thought!

During the off season it could work very much to your advantage though, with the regular work!

Hope it works for you and it would be interesting to know how it goes!

Keep us posted!

Hills Lawncare Services

About 3 months ago, this client wanted me to take on a job 1 day a week and obviously wanted a lower hourly rate because of the regularity of the work. She was also adamant that I do the job and not send someone else, and didn't like the idea of me having a second worker with me in the summer. I explained to her the opportunity cost that posed to my business and she understood and we both went our own ways. For a few weeks I thought I may have made the wrong decision, but now I can't keep up with my work I know I made the right decision, I am making alot more money then I would of with her, but maybe in the winter I may regret it.
    Viceroy sounds like your situation has some more flexibility to it and being in your suburb is definate added bonus.

Steve Ladlow

Smile New Customer

Im a Happy Boy
    4 months ago i quoted against a franchice for work with a company which has sites all over Australia. Got a call from the maintenance manager today to say the franchise guys havnt been forfilling their comitment and could i start on a few next week with the rest to follow. I also had a good word put in for me from a Builder i do work for. Word of mouth works! and so does a bit of time & effort in pricing & presentation of pricing. I thought this was dead in the water, but just goes to show that time & persistance pays!

Viceroy

New Customer now GOOOOOOOOOOONNNNEEEE
    I called last night to check if they were leaving a list of things to do in the letterbox for me on Monday.
    And the reply" We changed our mind and we are getting the next door neighbour a UNI Student to do it".
    I said "oh ok so when were you going to tell me" and there was no real reply.( i was polite)
    Oh well thems the breaks, I will still send them a email to inform them the price to just cut there lawn.
    I was down in the dumps after that last night so i pushed todays jobs to tomorrow and went out today and got 5 yes 5 regular customers. Two are beside each other and the other 3 are in the same street No. 25,33 and 36 and now iam a very happy camper.
    The one at No.25 i didnt even see him.His lawn looked like it needed a cut, so i left a card in his letterbox he called at 4pm and said how much you charge. I said i couldnt remember his lawn he said whats the average i said say $35. He then said come ASAP do it for $50 and tell how much you want every 2 weeks.
    COOL