Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Perseverance

Rod

Default Perseverance

I have spent close to two years working on the largest Property Management Co. in North Qld. I have cut cleaned and responded at one hours notice to their "beckon and Call." I have emailed them pictures of work completed.

Today they ring and want a meeting. "We have purchased a Rental role for around 700+ commercial and domestic properties."
    Apparently my commitment, communication and consistency has impressed them and they want "US" to maintain the properties that require maintenance.

How good, I don't need to spend $3000 plus on yellow pages, I can blow away the pager,and less time on the phone. No more advertising. (eggs in one basket, yes I need to be careful, but, I have them in four baskets now.

Remeber "sell the sizzle as well as the sausage."

My point, think long term, "do the hard yards." Have a business plan and the confidence in yourself to deliver.

Tonyr

nice job there Rod! Now that is what we should all be striving for, success like that!

good on ya mate, not bad for an old bloke!

Hills Lawncare Services

Rod well done mate, it sounds like the work just keeps on coming for you.
    I have aimed some of my marketing at large property management companies, but have had minor success. My brother in law is a valuer who works for a large property company and is always pushing me to keep aiming at this market, if you get on these guys property portfolio's they could feed you all the work you can cope with and more. Your story has given me some renewed motivation.