Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lawn mowing What's your background?

Lawnman

Thumbs up whats your back ground

gday fellow lawnies just joined up so i thought id do some posting.
    my background is ive been a lawnie for nearly 3yrs now,before that i was at a golf & bowls club combined which i was there for nearly 10yrs which in that time i did my apprentice-ship there and ran it for 4yrs before venturing out on my own.

Ebony

Welcome to the forum Lawnman, great to hear from you.

Hey S.P did you post in this thread. I am getting the distinct impression some posts have gone from this thread, my post from last night being one of them??

And mickhippy's post about the using a broom etc. and it taking longer to sweep the path then mow the lawn, so he bought a blower. If I cam correct we lost several posts out this thread?

Ebony
    Last edited by indi_gal; 11-06-2004 at 10:43 PM.

Tonyr

I'm getting a similar feeling Ebony, e.g about that part list from Odin I asked you about yesterday....(not sure what thread though...)

The problem has occurred, and i feel that it is unique to this thread. Unfortunately there was an error yesterday and one of the files did not close properly in the program, when they reset it, some data in this thread was lost. I have spoken to the techs relating to this forum and to the hosts, this is a very rare occurrence apparently.

Our first hiccup and now measures have now been put in place to ensure this will not effect us again.

We appologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thank-you

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Ebony

I was just perusing the forum, sussing things out hehe

In regard to the missing posts, Please note that it did not effect your post count. For example my post count is 83 yet there are only 80 posts made by me in the search. (wow i didn't realise I talked that much )

Grillonz, would you possibly be able to post a picture of your mower again.

Ebony

Tonyr

S'Ok Ebony, we all knew you talked that much...and more! LOL!

S.P

Hi indi_gal,

Yes I did post on this topic the other night. No problem, I'll post again all about my business/background again.

Pres Lawn

Well might as well put my bit in, worked in the horse racing industry for 6 years and then got sick of the early mornings so I started mowing lawns part time on weekends and then full time with in 6 months. And that was back in 1983 !

Brad Hay

Default Cut your grass and cook your lunch

G'Day All ,
    I have mentioned this on another thread but this on seems more appropriate . I was a Chef for 16 years ...........
    4 Years Windsor Hotel Melbourne
    2 Years Glencoe Restaurant
    3 Years Croydon Golf Club ( leased the kitchen )
    1 Year Marylands Country House Marysville
    Blackburn Hotel
    Delganeys Portsea
    Novatel Bayside St Kilda
    Carlton Hotel Albury N.S.W.
    Albion Hotel Cottesloe W.A.
    Napolians Cafe Cottesloe W.A.
    Kitchen Express Swanbourne W.A.

A total of over 30 Kitchens when you take into account casual stuff and helping people out .
    After all this experience ; One hour of running through the lawnmowing gear and I was ready to make more money per hour..........Not fair really........DON'T GET ME STARTED !
    I loved Cooking but after 90 hours ( per week ) slaving over a hot stove , there is not much time for a life .
    Happier and healthier after mowing for 3.5 years .

BRAD HAY

Rod

Thought I throw my pedigree into the flow of things,

Law degree Melbourne Uni 1982 (Vict) (got real ****ty thought most Solicitors/lawyers should do time (watch changing lanes!!!)

Marketing Degree Southern Cross Uni 1995 (NSW) got bored wanted some action.

Bought a McDonald's Franchise and got screwed big time (Class action still pending)

Now I mow grass, fill up dog's water bowls and dream of living on a 50' yacht in the Whitsundays. And of course mowing lawns in Shute Harbour.

Now, "How do I satisfy a woman (apart from a Amex/Visa card.)

Got sick of corporate life wanted stake my claim in the "Day to Day" life and now I am cruising (on land anyway.)
    Last edited by Rod; 05-07-2004 at 08:28 PM.

Tonyr

Wow guys!

Congratulations on achieving so much in your lives so far, very dedicated!

Gee by all of these great reports it is clear, I'm officially the dumb ass here, oh well, least folks don't expect much from me LOL!
    (J/K)

Least I got a Chick Magnet Toro! nah nah!

pbm

[QUOTE=Rod]Thought I throw my pedigree into the flow of things,

Law degree Melbourne Uni 1982 (Vict) (got real ****ty thought most Solicitors/lawyers should do time (watch changing lanes!!!)

Marketing Degree Southern Cross Uni 1995 (NSW) got bored wanted some action.

Bought a McDonald's Franchise and got screwed big time (Class action still pending)

Now I mow grass, fill up dog's water bowls and dream of living on a 50' yacht in the Whitsundays. And of course mowing lawns in Shute Harbour.

Now, "How do I satisfy a woman (apart from a Amex/Visa card.)

Got sick of corporate life wanted stake my claim in the "Day to Day" life and now I am cruising (on land anyway

Rod
    You win the prize for being the most over qualified lawn mowing bloke here so far!!!!
    Anyone able to beat that????

mick

Quote Originally Posted by administrator
    The problem has occurred, and i feel that it is unique to this thread. Unfortunately there was an error yesterday and one of the files did not close properly in the program, when they reset it, some data in this thread was lost. I have spoken to the techs relating to this forum and to the hosts, this is a very rare occurrence apparently.

Our first hiccup and now measures have now been put in place to ensure this will not effect us again.

We appologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thank-you
    Glad its fixed or I might never of got back! hehe

Gee's go away for a couple of weeks and it all falls apart!

Ebony

Great to see you Mick, Hope you had a good holiday!

Would say I missed you, but that just wouldn't suit my new avator lol

Ebony

mick

Quote Originally Posted by indi_gal
    Would say I missed you, but that just wouldn't suit my new avator lol

Ebony
    Thanks Eb, now I feel all warm inside!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast