Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Another newbie start-up...but with experience!

Default Another newbie start-up...but with experience!

Howdy all!

Well after working in a small workshop for a couple of years and now in a desk job. i have decided for some time to start up a lawn mowing business.

It will be great getting out there in the world, and beats being on a pc for 15+ hrs a day. (i know some of you guys can relate to that)

Good news is i have a lot of experience, as i have worked for several large lawn mowing companies in the past and had my own run/sub contract business for several years before "having a go" at another career.

As I used to do a lot of suby work, i thought i would put my hand up to anyone local (I'm in Rydalmere) who has a large run and wants to sub-contract out some of there lawns for the growing season.

I'll start up another thread for that though.

I don't really know what people are charging these days, i have already been caught out this week by under quoting a job.

so i joined the forum to hopefully re-educate myself a little, as i feel i'm not doing things quite right.

Anyways thought i would be polite and introduce myself before diving in to posts.

Casitas

Default Re: Another newbie start-up...but with experience!

Welcome to the forum, i am not sure what area you live in,it seems that prices vary in each area,,good luck getting back into the lawnmowing game, you might not become rich but its a good lifestyle,,cheers,,,