Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Hybrid View

Tonyr

Default Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

OK, girls, we hear a lot of talk here, and I read recently those who post through the day must have wifes that work and indicated maybe some of us were keyboard contractors...or something! lol.

My day does have gaps, acreage work is like that at times, so just to prove I do actually work occasionally here are some pics from today, more on my web site...

Tonyr

Here is one I mow fortnightly since winter, mainly carpet grass, couch, green panick...this is a 1 acre back yard.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tonyr

This place was a jungle, took me 3 hours! Mow and trim...now a reg.

How much would you sheilers charge??

Here are a few before and afters, wish I took ones of the front! bumma!

This is a before side shot and after...

Tonyr

Yeah, I know, that was an easy bit lol.

This was harder! Before and after of rear yard...

Tonyr

Trust me, that was long and wet in most parts, pic doesn't show that! Big job!

This is a before and after of 2 half acre blocks behind back yard, This was Toro's 1st job I had to mother it with, long couch, damp, long wallum grass etc, very tough!

Was like cutting wire the stuff was so tough! Plus real wire, iron, sticks, stumps, tyres, holes etc!

Well this 3 acre mess, how much would you blokes and bloketttes charge??

Tonyr

Sorry to say chickens, no this wasn't done with a yellow canary or flower mower, or an orange mandarin thang, it was done with this mighty goat!

Alex Callaghan

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyr
    I read recently those who post through the day must have wifes that work and indicated maybe some of us were keyboard contractors...or something! lol.
    Wheres that post mate!!
    I'm seriose! I'd really like to know!
    Do ya remeber what post?

Nice work there mate.
    I'll have to get some photos over the next week or so.

RE: the three acre lot...................If it truly is three acres ( can't see ya mower being able to handel that heeeeee) the grass aint that long.
    I'd be going in at a $170 - $200 price bracket.

Tonyr

Default Re: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

10 acres rough....sounds like a typical day only bigger for here lol.

this is true, did a quote last month 30 mins outa town, 2.5 acres, knee high at burrum heads, no probs, $150 I say mow only, cheap yes, but I wanted to get my foot in door of this new acreage estate....nup, owner is an advertising rep for trashy newspaper here he said nup, a tractor would be cheaper! On a once nice freaking lawn, bloody tractor!!??? And the guys I know would charge more anyway to travel there and to do that much. I lost job, they found a freaking slasher to mow their lawn!

I gotta sell up, this biz is killin' me....friggin people here are lunatics, fairdinkim, bloody freak country. Then that witch last week who didn't want to pay me for 4 hours of work cause I didn't give a written quote 1st so no proof she even hired me....I got 200 outa 250 she owed.

Wouldn't mind a tip truck biz, something where ya don't deal with smart arse public, I've been looking since winter, still haven't found anything that returns as good per hour for the investment though. A courier biz would be ok, but they are everywhere like lawnies.

mick

To be honest that slasher property was probably bigger than 10acres, it went off into the distance sort of thing and god knows what was in there. He said they dump alot of tree rubbish etc in there and that the slasher just goes over the top of it!
    Not for me that one!

That golf course job, they first tried to get there slaser guy in to do it (the roughs) but he didnt turn up. I mean, I left a bit of a mess but a slasher! There kidding!

See what happens with that anyway!

Only a couple of weeks ago I felt the same way about throwing it in. But what do ya do! I cant do anything else that brings in the good money, when it comes in anyway! I hate dealling with the public as well and some of them are REAL PITAS but I only get them rarely. Everything has pros and cons and right now I'm going ok!
    I think I mentioned a girl who owed me money for 3 jobs. Anyway, I get a call from her, she said she'd got called away quickly and that there car had broken down etc etc bla bla could I come and mow the lawn. I said as long as your there with my money and to expect the lawn to look like cr@p when I'm done. She said its cool and that its about 3' in places and she'll double my usual price. I said Duh! So I'm gonna mow it on Tuesday and leave one hell of a mess and get payed! She'd better bloody well be there!

Grillonz

Just a couple of photos of an overgrown lawn I had to mow. Nice & thick & wet.
    This is before I started:
    Happy mowing
    James

Grillonz

The drive befroe & after. This wasn't as long since it had been mowed more recently than the rest so was a piece of cake to mow.

Grillonz

The back yard after mowing.
    Much better.
    PS In one of the before shots you can just see the handles of a push mower & to the right of the shot is a wire fence of std height.
    Happy mowing
    James

Some pavig i have finished

Hey this is a great site however some over your pics come up all fuzzy Could someone tell mw why..... ....

Hey this is a great site however some of your pics come up all fuzzy Could someone tell me why..... ....

Page 1 of 88 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152535455565758596061626364656667686970717273747576777879808182838485868788 LastLast