Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Tonyr

Default Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

OK, girls, we hear a lot of talk here, and I read recently those who post through the day must have wifes that work and indicated maybe some of us were keyboard contractors...or something! lol.

My day does have gaps, acreage work is like that at times, so just to prove I do actually work occasionally here are some pics from today, more on my web site...

Tonyr

Here is one I mow fortnightly since winter, mainly carpet grass, couch, green panick...this is a 1 acre back yard.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tonyr

This place was a jungle, took me 3 hours! Mow and trim...now a reg.

How much would you sheilers charge??

Here are a few before and afters, wish I took ones of the front! bumma!

This is a before side shot and after...

Tonyr

Yeah, I know, that was an easy bit lol.

This was harder! Before and after of rear yard...

Tonyr

Trust me, that was long and wet in most parts, pic doesn't show that! Big job!

This is a before and after of 2 half acre blocks behind back yard, This was Toro's 1st job I had to mother it with, long couch, damp, long wallum grass etc, very tough!

Was like cutting wire the stuff was so tough! Plus real wire, iron, sticks, stumps, tyres, holes etc!

Well this 3 acre mess, how much would you blokes and bloketttes charge??

Tonyr

Sorry to say chickens, no this wasn't done with a yellow canary or flower mower, or an orange mandarin thang, it was done with this mighty goat!

Alex Callaghan

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyr
    I read recently those who post through the day must have wifes that work and indicated maybe some of us were keyboard contractors...or something! lol.
    Wheres that post mate!!
    I'm seriose! I'd really like to know!
    Do ya remeber what post?

Nice work there mate.
    I'll have to get some photos over the next week or so.

RE: the three acre lot...................If it truly is three acres ( can't see ya mower being able to handel that heeeeee) the grass aint that long.
    I'd be going in at a $170 - $200 price bracket.

mick

House #1... $100 to 120. Cos I kick @ss and it wouldnt take me 5 hrs!

That second place, did you mow first then trim then mow again?

Cant give a price cos cant see the hole place but if it took you 3 hrs, it would take me 1hr so $100 to $120. (If I did it in an hour,,,, which I probably could cos I'm not mowing with a goat painted dark pink)

House #3... $50 so I could steal it off you!.... Roll me a low ball!

heheeeee

Naaaa, they all came out good mate!

So how was the beer money?

mick

http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/sh...=7063#post7063

Just got home from worken all day.

Well, I've missed a party & a half of KRAP!

It's a forum, just a forum for mowing guys to try & get some advice b/4 they make mistakes, to give us peice of mind that what we are doing is right.

Lots of carry on - you blokes b_itch about franchising,HA! sooks.... They have the same issues...

Thank you Ebony, this is a great forum Dean, the lady should be congratulated

As for the carryon, you are grown men & by the looks of some of the times you've been on here , it's easy to see some of you blokes have working wife's.

Six years i've been doing this, even teaching Jims guys to run thier business's and survive a couple have- but thie tread takes the cake.

You bunch of soooks..............................

indmowing, you may need to look at charging a annual fee. To help with supporting the forum & other things to make indmowing something special...........

Infighting ---- well, you guys wonder why you can't find any work, I 'll give you some free advice

That gets your attention, dun it!

" Don't bite the hand that feeds ya!"

Pathetic !

As for people like moe, buy a franchise with Jim's- they need another looser, you'd fit right into that mould.

My 2 bobs worth!

Sorry, thats how I felt......now I'm better

Alex Callaghan

Agghhh............that threads been locked up ay!

Unfortunate cause I'd love to have a dig!!

Tonyr

Yep, that's the one mate...guess I'm one of those, wife does work, and somehow I run this little biz and still find times to post ramdomly throughout the day, I live central to my jobs and call in throughout the day and many times check in and post...I usually have lunch at home.

Guess I must be a wannabe with a big mower or somethin'...

anyway...I posted one pic, #1, of a nice new job I have, just wanted to show off a nice job, takes 1 hour unload to load, $80, has a front lawn and gardens etc...good job. Good client.

The before and afters are one I did this arvo, a bloody jungle!
    Those pics look tame I agree, it was a rough one, down back was unreal! Lots of trees out front, lots of brushcutting, lots of everything, the stuff out back was thick and 3ft high in back paddock, near paddock was couch and that ****y stuff , sweet miliot, bog a duck that stuff, goes to sap when ya cut it.

And damp long couch, my mower hates it, especially with mulch blades on LOL!

It was all 1 job those before and afters, obviously there was a lot I didn't picture, but those back paddocks with mulch blades and no baffle director really made a difference! this clean up was $200.
    I go back this coming week and spray gardens, edges etc...

Big ugly ongoing thang....

One of those jobs ya look at and say WTF!! Jungles! Least it is a bit better and now a reg. One of those where ya wish ya had a networking indy member to help out, but none here want to network...or work ha ha ha

Was gunna call you pair, but thought ya might be too busy

I can easily cut that time in half next cut...it's all good as Eb says

Now this keyboard contractor is ready for bed, hard week, done a bloody lot of work this last few weeks, those who think I am just a joke here making out I'm a fairdinkim cutter, must remember my part of the industry is a bit different to metro stuff, I mow a ****load of square metres in a week, and in summer make a ****load of bucks, so please don't publically judge others you know /'****all.'/ about.

There are only a few of us large areas guys here, same industry, different niche, and to be critisised by people in other niches is amusing really. If I can still check in here throughout a day and still run a biz means I can, not something I should be critisised about.

Ok, now it's time for this glorified grass cutter (and proud of it) to hit the sack, not much glory in my world I'll admit though, just dust and hard work! LOL!

Alex Callaghan

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyr
    There are only a few of us large areas guys here, same industry, different niche, and to be critisised by people in other niches is amusing really.

Ya not wrong mate!

I have 50k worth of equipment and vehical and pay the bills the mortgage, loans etc, etc, etc but I'm just a keyboard jocky!
    Haaaa

As you say Tony.......the sector of the industrie that we are in allows us to come home for lunch etc.
    I know for me, I've been catching up on tax over the last couple of days and have had a couple of my subies taking care of the operations stuff.

If I make a post at 10.30am I shouldn't have to justify it!
    Cracks me up that some bloke that runs his a$$ around all day with a 21'' is trying to take the micky out of me

I'll run my biz how ever the f@ck I want and that includes when I'm at home doing admin stuff and using subies, when I come home for lunch or when I just wanna take the day off because in this industrie sector we don't have to run around with a 21'' 8hrs plus 5 days a week all the year round to pay the bills.
    Different specs and operations for different jobs!!

Gota say though (snicker) thanks for watching my financial/buisness back for me
    If I ever need someone to help me turn my biz into somthing where I have to work my a$$ of for crap money year round I know who to call

Topcat

Got YA!

19" honda toy

don't depend on cutten grass, I't wasn't personnal

We all do our thing, differently

Ya don't have to justify yourself, your the boss- so don't

If I choose to work my a$$ of, my choise, crap money for a crap job! ya gotta do a crap job, I must appologies as I don't have any crap money jobs." I can walk away!" I leave them for guys who like crap work for crap $$$.beer boys like em!

As ya said- Different specs & operations for different jobs!

Thanks for your input...another keyboard jocky

Ebony

Great photos (and work of course) Tony.

So where are everyone elses pics?

Tonyr

Thank you Ebony.

Yeah, I gotta say it's hard to challenge a goat powered, goat fixated, goat seduced Torrrrrrrro! LOL!

And more of the same this week!

lookin' forward to winter already, tired boy!

Page 1 of 125 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast