Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Default Re: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey
    This is what I like about this forum. Many different ppl from many different locations and we are all together. Go Indy
    Mate you sound like a fair dinkum bloke to me. I just gobbed off . Sorry I gave the wrong impression. Sometimes I act before I think. Again sorry mate
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Ahhh bugger..... meant to include Lifestyles post not mine... stupid ginger headed bugger.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

lifestyle

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey
    Ahhh bugger..... meant to include Lifestyles post not mine... stupid ginger headed bugger.
    Sounds like that elbow's getting a good workout tonight mate

Too true mate
    Cheers

Bluey

Golly...Thanks for the kind words guys. Didn't expect that, it's very appreciated.
    For the garden job Lifestyle the bill came to $315 with $180 in materials so I put $135 in my kick for about 2 and a half hrs work. I need to go back this week and put some more rocks down as you probably saw in the pic because the local nursery ran out
    Anyway customer was happy and has asked me to come back and do some more work, so thats the result we all chase I guess.
    Bugger...you picked me!! I did miss those bits Lifestyle, I saw that when I put the pics on the PC.
    I struggle a bit with those bricks, they chew the hell out of the whipper cord and those missed bits are in between 2 blocks. Any tips or tricks to get at them? I know I missed those ones but I usually bend down and tear them out by hand.
    Thanks again all for the compliments

Quote Originally Posted by mowjoman
    Golly...Thanks for the kind words guys. Didn't expect that, it's very appreciated.
    For the garden job Lifestyle the bill came to $315 with $180 in materials so I put $135 in my kick for about 2 and a half hrs work. I need to go back this week and put some more rocks down as you probably saw in the pic because the local nursery ran out
    Anyway customer was happy and has asked me to come back and do some more work, so thats the result we all chase I guess.
    Bugger...you picked me!! I did miss those bits Lifestyle, I saw that when I put the pics on the PC.
    I struggle a bit with those bricks, they chew the hell out of the whipper cord and those missed bits are in between 2 blocks. Any tips or tricks to get at them? I know I missed those ones but I usually bend down and tear them out by hand.
    Thanks again all for the compliments
    No worries mate....
    Cheers

Bluey

Where abouts did you work up here Bluey if you dont mind me asking?
    Tis Gods country but certainly will be thirsty work in summer.

lifestyle

This is going to sound like i'm pulling the organic flusher again, but "salt" REALLY is good in between cracks in retaining walls like that. I know a guy locally who uses salt in places like that and he sprays more chemicals in a week than most guys would use in a year... Only a small amount of salt though otherwise you'll end up with a dead patch too far out from the wall.

Hope that helps.

I'll give the ol' SAXA a go. Do you sprinkle it on or mix with water Lifestyle?

lifestyle

Just put a teaspoon in the gaps of each of the blocks. Check it on your next visit and re-apply as necessary. Should last several months and will be permanent with small repeaded applications ove a 6 month period or so.

Costs about $1.50 for a Kilo of "Home Brand" from Woolies.

Quote Originally Posted by mowjoman
    Where abouts did you work up here Bluey if you dont mind me asking?
    Tis Gods country but certainly will be thirsty work in summer.
    I was a fisheries officer based in Ingham and Cairns. Innisfail is the border between the two districts. And you are right it is a lovely place. I particularly liked the Hinchinbrook Channel at Cardwell
    Cheers

Bluey

Quote Originally Posted by lifestyle
    Just put a teaspoon in the gaps of each of the blocks. Check it on your next visit and re-apply as necessary. Should last several months and will be permanent with small repeaded applications ove a 6 month period or so.

Costs about $1.50 for a Kilo of "Home Brand" from Woolies.
    Thanks Eric, I'll give that a go a nd hopefully save a bit of whipper cord too.

Beautiful Bluey. I'm hoping to get down to the Hinchinbrooke to do some fishing one of these days. My Dad frequents that area to wet a line.

Some of the best Mangrove Jack I have seen have come from the Hinchinbrook
    Cheers

Bluey

here are some of mine

i will try and get some more
    []

Valued Country Member Shepparton Lawn Care's Avatar

Very nice work Gary

Page 11 of 125 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast