Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Default Re: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Stripes
    Nice work Bluey.

The hedges will be trimmed soon. I just have to build up the motivation to do them.
    great job mate

Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    big job mate ..mmm well i would reckon you would of charge around 550 for that ....considering you could call it a days work as you would be stuffed and paying the offsider his 150 for the day must be about on the mark bluey and that includes GST

Almost spot on Geoff well done. I quoted her $600 but dropped it down to $500 because she was a defence force wife and in a bind. Plus she had been let down by the bloke who was supposed to do it and she was a nice young girl with a country attitude that I liked. It was $140 for the offsider because he owed me a tenner.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

well bluey thats why you are a mart man...quotes is reasonable and the job was good...many contractors would shy away with this one or charge some unbelievable price..good dollars for a good job..for the newbies this is the way to do it..make good dollars out of it but do a good job ..most important

Nice work bluey its hard to believe its the same place well done.

come on if you guys blowing him up his head will burst..geez only a clean up and paid very well by the way and you guys keep blowing his ego ..come on

A job I did last week I only did the soft stuff for this job
    Before

After

hey bgs
    that looks realy good -

You do excellent work BGS and I do believe you are getting much better at it.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    come on if you guys blowing him up his head will burst..geez only a clean up and paid very well by the way and you guys keep blowing his ego ..come on
    Hey...I can take it..lol. I felt really good about that job. Probably could have made more money but it was a good earn for a fair days work for the both of us. The client loved it and we picked her up as a reg. But the great part is we added a whole lot more to our reputation. The word of mouth this girl and her family can gives us is invaluable. She is a defence force wife and they stick together.
    Cheers

Bluey

Default Re: The after shots

Quote Originally Posted by redbackmowing
    great job Bluey,

what a jungle that job was. it had to be more than 3 months since it was mowed or weeded. That really would of been a job & a half. love those photos. do you advertise mainly for this type of work? A big paying job.

cheers
    rbm

Hi RBM

We don't target this work specifically but we do advertise for it. I think the big thing is we actually "do" it. A lot of people say to me you guys are the only ones who are interested in doing the job at a reasonable price.

Now maybe that means we are too cheap or maybe it means other blokes don't want the jobs. At the end of the day it is hard yakka but the more of these we do the better we become at them. I am getting pretty good at working out the time to do them. Got this one job spot on.

One thing I have learned is to actually look at the job properly. By that I mean you have to know exactly how your crew works and what it is capable of. Then look at the job. Look through the big forest of weeds and overgrown grass. Have a look at the soil type in the beds. How easy will the weeds come out. What type of weeds are they. Will it be hand weeding or can you get away with hitting it with a whippy. What is the access like. How much green waste will it generate. What is the lawn like underneath. There's a whole lot more but you get my drift.

You could spend all day mowing lawns for less than we earned today. We worked 5.5 hrs and were knocked off having a cuppa at my place by 1530 money in the pocket paid as cash by a happy customer. Works for me.
    Cheers

Bluey

thanks Bluey,

yeh i didn't quote on one the other week. a bit annoyed now i didn't give it a go. I was thinking i'm not going to mow through that. i didn't know what was under the knee high grass. didn't want to wreck my mower deck or kids toys flying out everywhere. in hindsight i should of used brushcutter & blade attatchment. thanks for those tips. Will give next one a go & hope to post pics here. Must say haven't seen too many like that.

cheers

Senior Member twin_cities_lawncare's Avatar

Great before & after photos Bluey. We often take before & after shots on the feral jobs as well, in case there is a query re costs, esp for bond clean ups etc.
    Ciao for now ~ Christine
    senior partner of "Townsville Lawn Care"

"Twin Cities Lawncare" was re-named in 2008
    due to the amalgamation of two local councils -
    Due to confusion of previous/current business name,
    I'm opting to post in here as Christine Wharton now

Hey guys,
    Im a newbie to both this site and to the industry but have been landscaping/gardening for a while now just never been paid for it (family and friends) . Anyway i dont have before pics but here is some examples of my work:

Nice work. Did you do the water feature as part of the job?
    Cheers

Bluey

yeah it was all a blank canvas that my parents asked me to design and build

Page 17 of 125 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast