Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Senior Member twin_cities_lawncare's Avatar

Default Re: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Sounds like your family & friends have got a good deal, and you have had a great way to hone your skills dc - win-win situation.
    Good luck with your gardening business - it's proivided some great photos for your website.
    Ciao for now ~ Christine
    senior partner of "Townsville Lawn Care"

"Twin Cities Lawncare" was re-named in 2008
    due to the amalgamation of two local councils -
    Due to confusion of previous/current business name,
    I'm opting to post in here as Christine Wharton now

thanks heaps mate....now comes the hard part of finding "paying" customers

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Wow .. Seeing some really nice work here guys. Might have to start getting some photo's of my jobs.

I always forget to get the before photo's and then figure there's no point taking the after photo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing
    Wow .. Seeing some really nice work here guys. Might have to start getting some photo's of my jobs.

I always forget to get the before photo's and then figure there's no point taking the after photo's.

im the same glenno get to the job think lets get into it then half way through think bugger forgot the photos again , some times realy ****s me and i kick myself especialy if its realy bad but comes up treat ...

Did a mulching job yesterday with a mate video taping. Put the video up on my site today.
    mobilemulching.com
    The key to a self sustaining, organic garden.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenofcarwoola
    Did a mulching job yesterday with a mate video taping. Put the video up on my site today.
    ....or here

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vYO-PHpE0_c&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x 4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vYO-PHpE0_c&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x 4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0kIkmmlJpXE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color 2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0kIkmmlJpXE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color 2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    mobilemulching.com

the site looking good Glenofcarwoola,
    maybe put a couple before & after pics. my broadband has converted to dial-up at the moment so takes forever to load youtube videos.

SAFETY
    i watched 1st part of video on your prices page. i noticed you feed a bunch of branches in & straight after that reached into the mulcher to remove the tops out. i thought you were going to lose your hands. i would remove your watch as well may get caught on a branch going in. go to short sleeve as well. not sure about the gloves?? sorry to say all this because it looks like a real goer of a business. good when mowing is slow. those tree loppers make a killing so don't undercut your price. that's an expensive piece of equipment you got there. you need to pay for it.

good luck & keep those hands out.

cheers
    redback

Quote Originally Posted by redbackmowing
    the site looking good Glenofcarwoola,
    maybe put a couple before & after pics. my broadband has converted to dial-up at the moment so takes forever to load youtube videos.

SAFETY
    i watched 1st part of video on your prices page. i noticed you feed a bunch of branches in & straight after that reached into the mulcher to remove the tops out. i thought you were going to lose your hands. i would remove your watch as well may get caught on a branch going in. go to short sleeve as well. not sure about the gloves?? sorry to say all this because it looks like a real goer of a business. good when mowing is slow. those tree loppers make a killing so don't undercut your price. that's an expensive piece of equipment you got there. you need to pay for it.

good luck & keep those hands out.

cheers
    redback
    Don't worry, it looks like I'm a lot closer to the chipper than I really am. I can't actually reach the blades if I reach right in (tried when it was off

As for getting caught on something, I learnt very quickly that technique is the key to staying safe. Just about everything that goes in to the machine is sort of thrown in not placed in. The watch has been taken off lately, but the gloves (rigging) are a necessary piece of clothing. Their tight and rarely get caught on anything (I have been using rigging gloves for quite a while now).
    mobilemulching.com

Don't worry, it looks like I'm a lot closer to the chipper than I really am. I can't actually reach the blades if I reach right in (tried when it was off

As for getting caught on something, I learnt very quickly that technique is the key to staying safe. Just about everything that goes in to the machine is sort of thrown in not placed in. The watch has been taken off lately, but the gloves (rigging) are a necessary piece of clothing. Their tight and rarely get caught on anything (I have been using rigging gloves for quite a while now).
    cheers no worries,
    have you thrown any stray cats in yet free blood n bone with mulch
    would like to see the video to that
    rbm

Not yet but I was tempted to throw in a dead magpie that's been in our front yard for a few days. The wife likes to spoil all my fun
    mobilemulching.com

I had an accident in 1984 when I first started in horticulture. We had a big tumbler/mixer for making commercial potting mix. It used to jam in the shute occasionally & whoever was manning the machine would knock the soil loose with their hand. Needless to say, it grabbed my hand & only my reflexes saved me from losing it. Still required surgery, at the time I was also a working musician so really needed my fingers working properly! I've been super cautious ever since with any machinery with moving parts - better safe than sorry

That the red roo I was looking in to geting one a couple of years ago they are sweet.

How easy would that be for me to load Iam 6f4

I think when I was looking it to them that model goes for 9-13000 it should have the koler engine or BAS.

add a couple more grand and your there. It would be easy for you to use with your height as I'm only 5'7". I will let you know how its going in a month or 2 but so far the moneys good when I can get the jobs. Iv'e only been advertising for 3?weeks now but converting people from throwing away their green wastes is always a challenge. Some people still believe that they can solve their green waste problem by buying a $300 mulcher from Bunnings. The customers that Iv'e had so far are thrilled with the service so I'm confident that it will only grow from here.
    mobilemulching.com

Page 18 of 125 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast