Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Default Re: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenofcarwoola
    add a couple more grand and your there. It would be easy for you to use with your height as I'm only 5'7". I will let you know how its going in a month or 2 but so far the moneys good when I can get the jobs. Iv'e only been advertising for 3?weeks now but converting people from throwing away their green wastes is always a challenge. Some people still believe that they can solve their green waste problem by buying a $300 mulcher from Bunnings. The customers that Iv'e had so far are thrilled with the service so I'm confident that it will only grow from here.
    Apart from the moment RBM mentioned when I thought you were about to be pulled into it with both hands, I finished those clips thinking I want one! Keep up the good work.

Default Re: Would anyone like a Marrshmallow

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey
    Had to get the offsider to take a photo of this today. Vacant block we look after for fire orders each year. That's me hamming it up with the big whippy and I am 6ft. We have had a good winter so far.
    i couldn't believe this photo bluey. what a job to get through that. i noticed you had the 3 blade. did you use that for the whole job? how do you cut grass that tall? hit top 3rd first or cut down bottom & cart-a-way whole????

cheers
    rbm
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by redbackmowing
    i couldn't believe this photo bluey. what a job to get through that. i noticed you had the 3 blade. did you use that for the whole job? how do you cut grass that tall? hit top 3rd first or cut down bottom & cart-a-way whole????

cheers
    rbm
    I use the 3 blade on the big woody weeds like these marshmallows but on the grass we use line and now the sthil poly cut head which is brilliant. There was heaps of crap in amongst this so what we had to do was slash around these obstacles and then do the rest. I have hired Deutcher slashers in the past but to be truthful it is almost as quick to do it with whippys particularly if there is crap amongst it. Two guys can knock over a hell of a lot in an hour.

For this one we didn't have to pick it up. Client just wanted it dropped on the ground. I used the 3 options method with him and the cheapest was slash and drop and the best for us. For those big weeds I take the top half off with one pass and get the bottom half on the way back. Sometimes you may need an extra pass. That 3 blade is pretty good at dropping long grass too. Take it out at the base like a modern day scythe.

If you have to remove it drop it in winrows by slashing runs in only one direction. I slash right to left and leave the winrow to my left and then walk back to the front and start another pass. All you have to do then is rake the winrow onto a tarp and haul it off to your trailer and pack it in. Amazing how much you can fit in with two blokes jumping on it. The worst to slash is matted kikuyu as you have to chop through the matted layers of runners. Blades are the only way for these and it is hard work. I did one not long ago that was a back yard that had not been mowed for 5 yrs. The layer of dead runners was almost 2 foot deep
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

The only bummer about stomping on your load is when you have to unload it, Is a ***** unless you have a tipper tralier.

Quote Originally Posted by 63impala
    The only bummer about stomping on your load is when you have to unload it, Is a ***** unless you have a tipper tralier.
    +1 easy to load PITA to onload

Yep I hear ya. I have been talking to a custom trailer maker about my wish trailer. Has to have a tipper.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

I use the 3 blade on the big woody weeds like these marshmallows but on the grass we use line and now the sthil poly cut head which is brilliant. There was heaps of crap in amongst this so what we had to do was slash around these obstacles and then do the rest. I have hired Deutcher slashers in the past but to be truthful it is almost as quick to do it with whippys particularly if there is crap amongst it. Two guys can knock over a hell of a lot in an hour.

For this one we didn't have to pick it up. Client just wanted it dropped on the ground. I used the 3 options method with him and the cheapest was slash and drop and the best for us. For those big weeds I take the top half off with one pass and get the bottom half on the way back. Sometimes you may need an extra pass. That 3 blade is pretty good at dropping long grass too. Take it out at the base like a modern day scythe.

If you have to remove it drop it in winrows by slashing runs in only one direction. I slash right to left and leave the winrow to my left and then walk back to the front and start another pass. All you have to do then is rake the winrow onto a tarp and haul it off to your trailer and pack it in. Amazing how much you can fit in with two blokes jumping on it. The worst to slash is matted kikuyu as you have to chop through the matted layers of runners. Blades are the only way for these and it is hard work. I did one not long ago that was a back yard that had not been mowed for 5 yrs. The layer of dead runners was almost 2 foot deep
    thanks for that bluey. it really shows a good thought process to do these jobs well & efficiently. a sthil poly cut head sounds like a must-have.
    cheers
    rbm

hi all
    thought i would give this picture thing a go { so bear with me }
    bit of a back yard tidy up today ..
    cheers geoff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (125.3 KB, 75 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (120.4 KB, 71 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (117.3 KB, 71 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (83.5 KB, 71 views)

Quote Originally Posted by geoff1969
    hi all
    thought i would give this picture thing a go { so bear with me }
    bit of a back yard tidy up today ..
    cheers geoff

Well one Geoff. It feels good at the end of the job to stand back and take the after photo doesn't it. Just curious and you don't have to answer if you don't want but what did you charge?
    Cheers

Bluey

Well one Geoff. It feels good at the end of the job to stand back and take the after photo doesn't it. Just curious and you don't have to answer if you don't want but what did you charge?
    hey bluey
    i only did the back yard for them and isnt as big as it looks in photos ,thay had been doing the front them selves.
    was a run through with mower brush cuter took 1 hour 45 working time = 2 hours from time i stoped car till i drove off no rubbish removal or nothing its not often i do them like this but the house was about 800 meters down road from my place = i charged them around $165 but i realy need more experience qouting these clean up hack down jobs , it was one of my youngest daughters friends from school mum as me to have a go at it for them , thay thought it was fantastic whe i finished .

the million dollar question$$$$

great job geoff1969 love those pics of these jobs.

great job geoff looks good mate

hey bluey
    i only did the back yard for them and isnt as big as it looks in photos ,thay had been doing the front them selves.
    was a run through with mower brush cuter took 1 hour 45 working time = 2 hours from time i stoped car till i drove off no rubbish removal or nothing its not often i do them like this but the house was about 800 meters down road from my place = i charged them around $165 but i realy need more experience qouting these clean up hack down jobs , it was one of my youngest daughters friends from school mum as me to have a go at it for them , thay thought it was fantastic whe i finished .

Mate that is pretty much spot on. Close t0 $100 an hr. I have found with these jobs you need to quote well to make it worth it. If you take them on you get the job done and feel good about it at the end of the day. We are getting a rep here for taking on big jobs. People are recommending us. I have an $1800 job coming up next Monday from a referral from a previous job. I expect to take about 7 hrs to do it. But it is on a slope so I charge extra. The client took the quote no questions asked.
    Cheers

Bluey

hi bluey
    yeh i dont know im all ways so undecided with my self trying to come up with a figure for clean ups etc so i usualy pass them onto my brother { he loves them }= i just need more experience and confidents in quoting them { brother tells me just jump in boots and all more you do the more you learn the better your work will be and quicker you get ???? } its all a learning curve ..
    cheers geoff
    Mate your brother is spot on. Clean ups of this nature are big earners. You have to get a feel for what the public will pay for them but remember they are calling you because they have probably had a go themselves and worked out it is way too hard of work for them. So if you do it for them they have to pay an appropriate amount.
    Cheers

Bluey

hi bluey
    yeh i dont know im all ways so undecided with my self trying to come up with a figure for clean ups etc so i usualy pass them onto my brother { he loves them }= i just need more experience and confidents in quoting them { brother tells me just jump in boots and all more you do the more you learn the better your work will be and quicker you get ???? } its all a learning curve ..
    cheers geoff

Page 19 of 125 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast