Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Default Re: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Hi Cranbourne

I just use Microsoft Picture Manager. Open the pic with that and under the Picture tab will be an option to compress the photo. Use either the Documents or Web Page option depending on th size of the original photo. It will tell you what the size is going to be after compression. Compress it and save it under another file name so you keep the original.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Here's some I've been sitting on for awhile. This grass is kikuyu and it was out of control, i've only mowed it no weedkiller no fertilizer etc. It's nice to walk on and has two big dogs running on it every day. Did some experimenting with pet friendly poisons on the blue stone and in the play ground but had to pull it and poison it in the end as nothing worked well. The lemon trees are a work in progress one is going to be a ball and one is going to be a rectangle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

there's more... sharing is caring.

there's more... sharing is caring.

Nice work Andy. I bet the dogs love those freshly mowed lawns. I know as soon as I mow my own my girl claims it with a fresh steamer
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

just a trial run of my front yard

Thanks Bluey

No probs. Glad to be of assistance. Looks like things are greening up over your way
    Cheers

Bluey

This is a job I did in the first week of starting my business.

Unfortunately I didn't get any before shots and I didn't get to turf it as the customer wanted to seed it himself.
    Be kind I had never done a job like this before. The merbau boardwalk was a nightmare.

Looks good mate. Nice touch with the board walk. How did you secure it down. Was it a good payer. Do you have some photos of what it looks like now.
    Cheers

Bluey

I had to dig all the soil (clay) out to 400mm also a drainage trench running down to an existing aggy. Stumps, bearers and whaler beams. All the boardwalk is held down with 6mm x 65mm bugle screws so had to countersink everyone of them. From memory around 400 screws.

The retainer beams are all held in with posts concreted in on the inside and cut at 45 degrees on the top.

Was it a good payer. Well if I had to do the same job again I would charge a lot more. $1600

Have to say though I was pretty pleased with myself when it was finished.

Will have to get some photos of it now. Plants in the front and lawn

Thanks Cranbourne

I like the look of it. Where did you learn how to do it. I love things like this made of wood. Love the look of it. Obviously it is treated in some way to stop the munching white ants.
    Cheers

Bluey

Yeah the timber is all treated. To work out how to do it took a lot of reading and pondering. I have always liked working with timber since I was a kid. My Dad was a carpender and bought me my first tool kit when I was about 3 years old. So love working with my hands. Actually first 3 years of my working life was spent building furniture. Then ended up working with steel for 20 years

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing
    Yeah the timber is all treated. To work out how to do it took a lot of reading and pondering. I have always liked working with timber since I was a kid. My Dad was a carpender and bought me my first tool kit when I was about 3 years old. So love working with my hands. Actually first 3 years of my working life was spent building furniture. Then ended up working with steel for 20 years

Mate I would be interested to see some tips on this. Why not start a thread on how to build it step by step. I too love working with timber. I reckon it is the best stress relief ever and at the end of the day you get something great to show off. I hate it when people cover the natural beauty of timber with paint. I haunt timber and wood working shows.
    Cheers

Bluey

I can give you a major tip bluey....dont ever under estimate how long it will take to drill and counter sink that many holes.

I dont know how I would go doing a thread on building a boardwalk like that. Ideally it would have been good to have taken photo's as I was building it and then explained what I was doing and why.

But if all goes as planned, later this year I'm planning on building a 40sq veranda with adjustable timber sides so I can move them to different angles depending on the sun. Maybe I will do a thread on this with photo's and step by step instructions and tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing
    I can give you a major tip bluey....dont ever under estimate how long it will take to drill and counter sink that many holes.

I dont know how I would go doing a thread on building a boardwalk like that. But if all goes as planned, later this year I'm planning on building a 40sq veranda with adjustable timber sides so I can move them to different angles depending on the sun. Maybe I will do a thread on this with photo's and step by step instructions and tips.

I think your selling yourself short mate. Just post it step by step. Good knowledge like yours is worth sharing. Spread it out over a period of time and make us wait for the next installment.
    Cheers

Bluey

Page 24 of 125 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast