Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Default Re: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    geez bluey what do you use a frigging tank to knock it down
    Nope...just 2 hard working Indies.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    These are a series of photos of a job we do each year on a vacant block. The bloke in the photos is my offsider Brent. He is over 6 foot in height. Will post the afters next week when we do it
    Reminds me of a job I did back in about 95. I had an old Deutscher Slasher and we hired another for a large block 800sq mtrs. It was about waist high close to the front and got progressivly longer so at back fence it was over it by about a metre. Had the slashers up on their back wheels most of the time. My brother and i did it along with many others - long and thickWorked our ar*** off. Just as well those machines make a bit of noise cos i hate to think how many snakes were likely to be it it

Funny you should say that mate. We are doing it with a slasher and whippys. Probably 3 hrs work.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Wack a family of these chaps in for a week to fix it.
    Save on equipment wear & tear.

Must be almost bed time when I start posting like this.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Wack a family of these chaps in for a week to fix it.
    Save on equipment wear & tear.

Must be almost bed time when I start posting like this.
    As long as you dont bring them in talking NZ and wearing gum boots!!

Apologies to our NZ Mower friends, for the direction Anjaryan's post has taken this.
    Cheers Garry

Yeah and don't bet with them about the bloody rugby....still irking over losing that bet...one lousy point.
    Cheers

Bluey

Some of my cylinder mowing lawns. The one with the tape across is coming back after being de-thatched and topdressed so isnt quite perfect yet but should be next week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice work Bryan. I love the effect of the cylinder mower.
    Cheers

Bluey

now thats reel mowing...mate thats so professional and the effect achieved is worth paying for....i note the homes in the pics and its a bit more than your modest house...you have certailnly targetted a great market and i know you get great dollars for your effort.
    Would love to add that to my porfolia but with our melbourne weed infested lawns the market in my area is limited ..you must get a great sense of achievement after completing the task

Bryan,

Stunning work,
    I'm bringing my own tall fescues back to to pre drought condition as we speak. But they won't get the top notch cylinder mow. But you get a similar effect re the shading cut. It's almost ready for some rye to go in.
    Never used a cylinder, guess there hard to turn?? I really don't know.
    Cheers Garry

Thanks guys.

I do get a bit of satisfaction out of it but nothing like I used to get. I still want to move on and just do irrigation fulltime. I just don't have the enthusiasm anymore and by the time the heat comes along I will have none. It was a nightmare doing these lawns today as it was ridiculously windy, and because the cylinder mower has the catcher at the front you are just copping a face full of clippings the whole time you are using it. Still I got it done and made good money and they are all done for another week so I'm happy!

It is a niche market but you would be surprised at some of the more normal houses that want cylinder mowing done. They are all in middle class suburbs of Sydney with some of them being in pockets of the more upmarket estates. They all pay to have the lawn fertiliser companies come in and look after that side of things so I just have to mow.

The tall fescue sounds nice Garry. It's a beautiful lawn. The cylinder mower takes a bit of getting used to but once you have the knack it is easy as far as turning and getting the lines straight.

The house that is for sale in those pics was run over twice in the same direction to really get the stripes to stand out and look nice for their open home tomorrow.

How long does the stripe effect last for Bryan?
    Cheers

Bluey

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    How long does the stripe effect last for Bryan?
    It depends on the time of year. Normally it looks like the pics for about 2-3 days then starts to fade as the grass grows. Each week I can still see the stripes from the previous week. In late Autumn when the grass is still green but not growing the stripes can last for 2-3 weeks.

At the moment with the couch flowering, it starts to get a fuzzy look after about 4 days and if left for more than a week the lawn will be covered in couch flowers and needs to be slashed down with the whip first otherwise the flowers will just flop down from the front roller and miss the blades. The lawns tend to have a bit of a white tinge because of the flower stems that have been cut.

a job i did a few days back how much you guys recon i should of chaged i deffinately underquoted
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 37 of 125 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast