Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Very Helpful Member

Default Re: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

150-200 but i find it hard to even guess from photos ,great job looks really good
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

I'm definitely undercharging then...

The pics I had up here (that have since gone with the four days of lost posts) of a lawn I did earlier this week was a slightly smaller area than that but with some longer thicker areas of kikuyu and I charged $65 including a small footpath area out the front plus $20 for a lawn spray. I do have a a couple of hundred of follow-up gardening work booked in from the same job though. Maybe I've under-quoted on that too though?

Here they are again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'd go about $130 -$140 or so judging by the pics Paul. It's hard work for you and your machines so make sure its worth your while to do it. A lot of guys don't seem to want to know about the clean up jobs so you can charge a bit more than normal because the client has probably had a hard time finding someone willing to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    I'd go about $130 -$140 or so judging by the pics Paul. It's hard work for you and your machines so make sure its worth your while to do it. A lot of guys don't seem to want to know about the clean up jobs so you can charge a bit more than normal because the client has probably had a hard time finding someone willing to do it.
    Yep I would be about this range. Probably go $150 and see what happens
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by big_ed92 View Post
    a job i did a few days back how much you guys recon i should of chaged i deffinately underquoted
    Ed, hard to tell but i try to base it upon what I think it is worth to mow regular (ie 2 weekly) If its a $35 cut I would want minimum 3-4 cuts worth looking at that length, depending how long you think it would take. Add extra to take away. So i think maybe $140 + $7 per bag of grass based on 1.5hrs cutting + taking grass to tip! The other factor is how busy you are - if you are not fully booked and you think its profitable to you for a lower price - just go with it. Beats sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring if you are chasing the $$. Many estimates on here will be from experienced guys with "full books" who can afford to miss out unles they get top dollars - just dont be to greedy!

A couple of my last remaining gardening jobs.

Nice work Stripes, great hedges!

Go the Doggies!!!!!!
    Life's a garden, dig it! Life's a garden, dig it!

hey stripes good stuff but that 3rd photo top class well done ..

Very Helpful Member

if at the end of the job your happy with how much you got that is the important thing

i got a call from a guy on wed. say's you mowed my place about 4-5 weeks ago and you left a quote for $50 regular i know it's a little over grown but how much to do it this week i said if it's a little overgrown i can probably do it for $70 but this will just be a basic slash and i may have to do it with the back of the mower up and no mulch plug to get it down again he say's ok money will be under the mat i turned up on thurs. took a look at the" lawn"and then looked at my wife and we both just started laughing rang him back and said mate at that height i won't even touch it for less than $180 , had a check of my books 9 wks since i last mowed it it was up to my knees in places some people just think we're stupid
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Back to Basics View Post
    Nice work Stripes, great hedges!

Go the Doggies!!!!!!
    next year mate! We'll back back. We were still paying $16 a few weeks ago, but its down to $13 now I think. I wish I got on a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff1969 View Post
    hey stripes good stuff but that 3rd photo top class well done ..
    Thanks mate. I have been doing that job "one last time" for about a year now. The client won't cop anyone else touching them but I think yesterday will really be the last time. They need doing about every 6 weeks. I hope to have sold the business by then.

Bry
    Your work is outstanding.
    Thanks for the reminder boys,have to get my Qld doggies membership done.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    if at the end of the job your happy with how much you got that is the important thing

i got a call from a guy on wed. say's you mowed my place about 4-5 weeks ago and you left a quote for $50 regular i know it's a little over grown but how much to do it this week i said if it's a little overgrown i can probably do it for $70 but this will just be a basic slash and i may have to do it with the back of the mower up and no mulch plug to get it down again he say's ok money will be under the mat i turned up on thurs. took a look at the" lawn"and then looked at my wife and we both just started laughing rang him back and said mate at that height i won't even touch it for less than $180 , had a check of my books 9 wks since i last mowed it it was up to my knees in places some people just think we're stupid

so did you do the job for $180 or not ???

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by geoff1969 View Post
    so did you do the job for $180 or not ???
    there was no way he was even interested in paying anywhere near that and if he does ring me i don't think i will have time to do it now any way would have been lucky to get it and the rest of my work done yesterday as it was

but i did have another one i was doing as a regular through a real estate they wanted to take over paying me directly themselves which i was fine with i rang them about 6 weeks ago left a message asking them to ring me so i could arrange to get access and payment [ they have to leave a garage door on manual] the lawn as due that week i heard nothing anyway the lady rings yesterday and says can you mow our lawn this week my answer was i would be most happy to drop by and do a quote she says but aren't you the guy who always does our lawns i said yes but not for that price when you have left them go so long i have to requote ended up doing it for 2 1/2 times my reg price so i'm happy

A new regular client.
    Damn wish i took a pic of before the grass was cut. It was all over the concrete and was long.

Page 38 of 125 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast