Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Default Re: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Quote Originally Posted by courty View Post
    Bry
    Is that the yard from the pricing thread a while back?
    If so it's looking great,well done.
    Thanks fellas.

Yeah that's the one Courty. Its been on hold a few times while other tradies did things like the fence and roof and other bits and pieces. It was a big job front and back but a very good job that was mainly done when I was quiet with other work. It came along at a very good time. A lot of people walking past have been commenting how much better it looks. It is nothing that exciting as it will be rented out again but it looks a lot better than it did.

If you click on the post of mine that I quoted, it has the pics of how it was when I started.

Like 'chalk and cheese' Stripes. Very tidy work!

Was requested to quote this job the other day.
    Don't think the other peoples they got to quote had the right gear to to do it.
    As I have the extend Husky commercial multi pole hedge gear.

Well this house is magnificient as it is landscaped into a hill side with a stunning view to admire and is an old house rebuilt to perfection and extended that you will swear was built last week. With year 2020 electronic gadgets that would make James Cameron feel at home with.

The owners were just magic people and they are platinum clients with their house being a $1m job as from the front it is just stunning in every little detail. A total pleasure to work for and there will be follow work over time with this client.
    No photos of the brilliant front of the property due to privacey respect for the clients.

First the warm up hedge in a side service road of the property

Then the bigger job

When I left, there was not one speck of cut leaf or dirt left behind.
    Yes there were some random top bits not cut, but even on my tippy toes I couldn't reach them no matter what angle I set the hedger attachment.
    But I reached higher than any other contactor from the past. As there was an over hang growth near top that I was able to remove.

Plus I did the sizable front lawns to the same standard, got to love the Victa Turfmaster 530 for the elevated slopes that were present.

Loved working for this client so much, lovely people, lovely premium house, morning tea with cold orange juice and the trimmings and even offered some lunch which I declined nicely.
    Platinum clients.
    Cheers Garry

Very Helpful Member

when you get clients like this it just makes your day doesn't it just wish there were more
    p.s did you concider seeing if you could reach better from the neighbours as they appear to be more elevated
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

I did a quote today that was a tough one. Knee high capeweed about half acre of it. I will attack it with the bush hog 44inch that I got a while ago and see how it goes. I told the customer I will know if I can do it when I hit it with the mower, see what happens. I know the Cox would do it but the steering box is out of it at the moment. She doesn't want a super neat job and no whippersniping. Quoted $350 which she excepted. Doing it at the end of next week and hoping the grass is dry when I go there. Estimating 3-4 hours. I will take before and after pics and let you know how it goes.

Can you believe how fast the hours clock up. Had this mower for about 2-3 months and will next week click over 70 hours. My Cox has 200 hours on it and I've had that for 3 years.

ian,

I left that house on a high, yep your right it makes your day and night. Acess was far better from the neighbours re height trimming, but that was a no go.

Straight after the job two blocks up the road I had to quote a another stately house from the 1920's on a half acre almost on the crest of a hill. That had gone to complete ruins and looked like the jungle prop's from the Avatar movie. This place was terraced into the hill side steeply and a cnr block.
    This was the worst property I have ever seen for being let go and it had the old 1920's garden beds in amongst the jungle and forest.

I've done a few jungles that would shock members here If I posted the pictures and this I knew was a two day job.
    I quoted a fair two days price seeing you save on fuel if your parked for two days.

The lady went off and said it was just a ordinary mow job. She requested front/nature strip/side street/rear street and fenced off rear jungle ex garden now paddock to be fixed up.
    Nothing was ordinary about about this place if you like living in a Adam's Family acerage. Man I was so glad when she said I'll get someone else.
    Cheers Garry

That's a big hedge. I guess they like it that tall for privacy from the balconies next door. If it did need a trim on top though I reckon hiring a motorised scissor lift on wheels (from a plant hire mob) would be the go.

Very Helpful Member

garry if that lady rings back make sure you get a decent deposit
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    garry if that lady rings back make sure you get a decent deposit
    ian,
    To be honest if that lady ring's back it will be disappointing and spoil my day.

Paul,
    Hiring equipment can put the price out of a clients range.
    They were stoked I got as high as I did. That's two large oversized hedges from two homes now I have been able to take on due to having the right equipment.
    Plus these trimmers just eat smaller jobs when you remove the extender pole.
    Cheers Garry

RESM... Bloody great job.... Your doing well.
    Can I ask, when we trim the hedge, do we trim it so that the bottom is slightly wider that the top? Aparrently, this way, the sun gets to the whole hedge???

oops multi post.

....... oops delete please admin
    Last edited by Stripes; 30-10-2010 at 07:51 AM. Reason: multi post-

Good stuff Garry. Again you have shown how professional you are buy purchasing the right equipment initially and being able to do things that others can't do because they don't have the tools. You will get a lot of referrals and sounds like these people were very happy with you to offer you lunch as well as morning tea.

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    Can I ask, when we trim the hedge, do we trim it so that the bottom is slightly wider that the top? Aparrently, this way, the sun gets to the whole hedge???
    I've never bothered doing it this way, but I know some of the TAFE teachers say to do this. I just do it as straight as I can and have never had dramas with the bottoms not getting enough light Maybe if the hedges were feral and only trimmed once a year, but otherwise they should be fine.

Hey Garry, Your next purchase should be a good quality tall step ladder. I have a 10ft fiberglass ladder and with my pole hedger could have reached that easy.
    South Coast Mowing & Gardening Services
    www.southcoastmowing.com

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    Thanks,
    Understand the theory, but I trim to the owners instructions if I can.
    The smaller hedge had a curve at the top that owner said it would be fine to have a camel hump in the middle of due very thick stem growth. I said let me have a go at getting it more level, which I did a bit.
    The foot path was quite steep and uneasy for the ladder.
    Will attack it more next visit.
    Cheers Garry

Page 41 of 125 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast