Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Default Re: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Stripes,
    No question about having the right equipment.

On Monday I have a job that requires several front small to mid sized garden trees to be trimmed and one removed and some hedges with thick central folked trunks that the client wants cut/loped etc.
    Well the Pole Saw on multi is the vehicle here. Quoted very cheap on this one as there my mates parents who are good people.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCoast Walker View Post
    Hey Garry, Your next purchase should be a good quality tall step ladder. I have a 10ft fiberglass ladder and with my pole hedger could have reached that easy.
    SCW,

The gorilla 2.4 in the picture is my limit, Not a fan off heights while holding extended heavy equipment. I was uneasy about this hedge full stop prior to turning up.
    Then I realised hey I can do this, was uneasy about the number of spiders that said "man what are you doing". Don't like more than one spider at a time on me.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    That's a big hedge. I guess they like it that tall for privacy from the balconies next door. If it did need a trim on top though I reckon hiring a motorised scissor lift on wheels (from a plant hire mob) would be the go.
    Scissor lifts arent to flash if the ground isnt perfectly level, the safety buzzer thingy goes off & it aint going anywhere.
    A trailable cherrypicker isnt that much more expensive, & its far more versitile. It would have got u access over the carport.
    Cheers Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    RESM... Bloody great job.... Your doing well.
    Can I ask, when we trim the hedge, do we trim it so that the bottom is slightly wider that the top? Aparrently, this way, the sun gets to the whole hedge???
    Where poss its always better to put a (slight) angle on the hedge making the top narrower for the shading aspect.
    Also by having the top narrower(which is by far the hardest part of the job) the job becomes much easier!
    Cheers Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    That's a big hedge. I guess they like it that tall for privacy from the balconies next door. If it did need a trim on top though I reckon hiring a motorised scissor lift on wheels (from a plant hire mob) would be the go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamandeves View Post
    Scissor lifts arent to flash if the ground isnt perfectly level, the safety buzzer thingy goes off & it aint going anywhere.
    A trailable cherrypicker isnt that much more expensive, & its far more versitile. It would have got u access over the carport.
    Cheers Dean.
    You beat me to it Dean! Some scissor lifts don't even have brakes... they are designed for flat surfaces. You could back one of the trailer able cherry pickers up the driveway. Easy to operate and way more directions then up and down. No licences etc required too (I think).

Very Helpful Member

be careful if ever using scissor lifts http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...6f035c97c51b8c
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

We nearly lost a security guard years ago... he was instructed to make sure the scissor lift was back down stairs at Toombul shopping centre. He attempted to do what he was told and drove it down then ramp from the food court (on the creek side) which curves he made down to the second bend then over the edge he went. From memory it was just a broken arm, could of been a lot worse... could of been prevented if he'd been given clear instructions and the number of the tow truck that brought it up...

This is a landscaping job I started today. Still got some feature pots to go. Close to finished. Client was very happy meaning, I was too!

More photos follow...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life's a garden, dig it! Life's a garden, dig it!

And again, same job...

Finally some more... Feature pots to finish.

Nice work as usual B2B,I really love these jobs that involve more than just lawn. I got the go ahead this morning on a newish waterfront place that has been let go. The new owners want me to go through the gardens clean up whats there and then look on improving them,can't wait to start it later in the week.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Quote Originally Posted by courty View Post
    Nice work as usual B2B,I really love these jobs that involve more than just lawn. I got the go ahead this morning on a newish waterfront place that has been let go. The new owners want me to go through the gardens clean up whats there and then look on improving them,can't wait to start it later in the week.
    I agree, as an ex landscaper I love the creative license. Got good contacts too for plants at wholesale prices so can make a little extra off plants.

Love the landscape design side of things, let me know if I can help!

Thanks Dennis,will do.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Looks good Dennis!

Wasn't Sherwin a landscaper as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    Looks good Dennis!

Wasn't Sherwin a landscaper as well?
    He was working at a golf club for a while. Shifty got married again yesterday. Fingers crossed second time lucky!

Page 42 of 125 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast