Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Default Re: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Nice work courty, love the edges, and nice little pick up, I don't know about you but the nicer the property the better you feel at the end when you look over it and there's nothing that needs attention!

Looks like a cylinder mowing job its that nice...
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

Here is a unit block I was asked to do with no notice! Needs to have a real clean up but with short notice this is the best I could do.

The tenants thought I was going to turn it into the Taj Mahal but quickly told them I was there to just mow and go!

I am going to charge accordingly as there was no notice and at least 12 weeks growth.

How much?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life's a garden, dig it! Life's a garden, dig it!

Same job but the back yard!
    Life's a garden, dig it! Life's a garden, dig it!

Extra cause it's hilly.

Your hourly rate + rubbish removal.
    Cheers Dean.

Very Helpful Member

looks great the tenants should be happy with the result and as you said charge accordingly
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Aussie Re: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

just thought i'd show off our profile sheet below , we have it posted in various places in the southern highlands and a local radio station , instead of working against each other and competing for work , we have formed a bond / team where on hearing the customers remarks , great idea , also it appears the beared one doesn't return calls or show up for some jobs here , which is ok by us , cause we can pick up his slack any time , just hope its stops raining again so we can get on with our regular mows ,
    the downfall is we don't have any signage on our vehicles and trailers ,
    hope this gives others some good ideas for their local areas too , and yes do the fridge magnets in letter boxes they work really well too , try your local post office for the po box drop they do that at a small price

cheers
    Les

grass keeps growin and we keep mowin
    mittagonglawnwizard@gmail.com
    Last edited by bulletproofhead; 01-12-2010 at 01:39 PM. Reason: forgot the attachment

Nice one bulletproof, working together is a great idea, pool resources and labour and get heaps more done and it doesn't effect your normal runs as much. As the saying goes two minds are better than one, imagine what the 4 of you can do! Keep it simple, stay independent and do a great job!

Great idea! Is it up to the person that see's the add to decide on who to call, or are you in different areas of the same district?

Good idea .....BUT.....under who's business name does it run. We all pride ourselves with our image. How do you advertise it on the internet or do you?

I can understand the principle behind it but for me personally I would be worried I would be losing a bit of my business image. Or do you cover this off somehow?
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

hi all ,
    we share the expense of the local paper advertising ,
    who ever gets the call from the customer decides if they can handle the job single or if they need help to do it faster, you recruit one of the other guys if needed and split the payment , when we see the customer we explain it is all independent businesses that have joined to create a better work ethic , we all benefit at the end of the day , all customers love it and think its great , we all have our own equipment and as we stay close / local suburbs to each other it doesn't matter who's business name is used for the job as the customer knows whats happening and all they want is the job done ,
    so far we have had jobs ranging from residential homes (1/4 - 1/3 acre blocks ) in town to homes on 3 acres of land in close rural areas , all ask do you have a ride on , lol , then we show the pics of our equipment and they are re assured the job will be done well and as quick as possible ,
    dave has regulars , i have regulars , kristen has regulars and Matt has regulars ,
    example : 1 job - 3 acres = quote 4 hrs x 2 guys on 2 ride ons it means we can get another few jobs in before the end of the day ( w/snip , cut & blow whole job where needed ) the normal stuff
    yep , more hands make lite work and we all know how to do our jobs , yeah
    so its up to the customer who the choose to call so far

Am I reading that right? 4 man hours on a 3 acre job? I hope thats not just mowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Am I reading that right? 4 man hours on a 3 acre job? I hope thats not just mowing.

I am reading it as 8 man hrs, 2 operators for 4hrs
    South Coast Mowing & Gardening Services
    www.southcoastmowing.com

Here is one of the bigger hedging jobs that i did this morning. Took a little under 3 hrs with an offsider. Felt like we were walking in circles cleaning up though. Gusty winds ahead of this trough coming through tonight scattered the crap everywhere.

Page 45 of 125 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast