Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Default Re: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Looks really good mate! Gave your number to another guy at Coomera today.

Cheers Mick,your a good man despite what others say
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Nice job Courty! They must have been very happy with your work, and if you keep that standard up you will be knocking back work in no time.

Nice work courty, looks great.

Did you use a drop sheet to catch all the clippings around the pebbles?

Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    Nice work courty, looks great.

Did you use a drop sheet to catch all the clippings around the pebbles?
    Yeah Cap,I have a piece of shade cloth about 6m x 1.5m I use as a drop sheet,comes in very handy.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Well done Courty. Good shots for a web page too.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Just had a look over this thread for the first time in ages. Great looking work everyone! Testimony to true professionals keep it coming!

One of my lawns from space!
    Attached Images Attached Images

i figured why not, intersting landscapes and lawns over there.

here are some photos of my work. the first 3 are of one of my properties i manage everything. i manage all lawn, landscape and irrigation services on this property.

Nice work GM. What type of lawn is it. You seem to cut it fairly long. Is that for the effect? I love the wood work on that place. How much for a regular mow on that if you don't mind me asking.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

sure thing buey.

it is a fescue lawn, TTTF with RTF blended in the past two years.

cut with a 48in wright stander at 4in(10.16 cm). this is typical for our area due to weather extremes. we are transition are which sees every type of weather to every extreme, and quick to change at that. we start the year cutting at 3in, then move up to 4in by late spring. there the height stays until fall. this is done for summer where the extra lenght helps keep it from stressing out too much from heat and drought. also keeps weeds at bay.

effect, kind of, it does stripe much better the taller you go. average tall fescue here is cut anywhere from 3in to 4in depending on situations.

a lawn this size, which the lawn itself measures about 8000square feet(743 meters squared). it is mixed up around the landscape etc. it takes us about 15 minutes and we charge $35.00 per cut. plus, we have a fuel surcharge we add per cut of $1-$3 depending on fuel costs at the time as they have been eradically fluctuating for years now. we do a ton of $35-$40 lawns in close routes. we also do a ton of large area mowings in teh 1-3 acre size. price ranging from $65-$120 per cut on those

oh, and the woodwork is very nice, this guy likes his stuff done right!!! he is anal.]

he, like alot of my customers, is milltary officer and you should see the deck up close, i is superb. we are in a military city, founded basically my the military as a fort which is still very active. in fact, i have worked here for aussies due to this military base houses the battle command and general staff international college. officers from all over the world come here to cross train with our military. pretty cool to work for so many nationalities here in what is the geographically center of the continental usa.

oh, and being in the "transition zone" means every type of grass pretty much grows here, but none of them do it without alot of help as none of them are really suited for our super changing extremes in climate. a bit farther north, and bluegrass and fesuce do awesome, a bit farther south and they wont grow at all. we also can grow zsoysia and burmuda but they have a short season due to temps,

i would compare it here to trying to grow grass in HELL. everything is out to kill the lawn here/

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Grassman. The cuts you do always seem to have those cross patterns. Could you explain that? Is it just for effect or do the cut direction lines still show from the last cut...etc...etc..

both if i understand your question correctly cranbourne.

they are there for appearances and show, and the stripes begin to stay in place after a few mowings. the key to the crisp distinct stripes is keeping your mower in the same stripe as the time before , going the same direction as the time before......repeat. alternate directions to not lay down the grass too bad. every mow, we cut one of three or four directions to :"burn" the stripe in place and the patterns stay after a few cuts.

best i can explain. people go mad over awesome stripes here, and i have the sickness.

i will post a few more pics so you can get another idea. remember, the further in the season, the more the stripes stand out for the most part.

hint: only taller cut grass will do this, warm season turf kind of does, but it usually does not stay as those grasses are cut shorter(you should see what zsoysia looks like here though cut tall, really neat color of stripe). fescue and bluegrasses can and should be cut taller no matter what, but here specifically we cut pretty tall.

Page 47 of 125 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast