Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Default Re: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

you see those very distinct tire marks? the tires are always in the same place when making that stripe! the "white" stripes, or lighter colored ones are always going away from you and those are the ones you "follow". the "green" , or darker stripes are ones mowed coming towards your view point.

hope i wasted enough type trying my best to explain after about 36hrs so far with no sleep. it has been rough winter with my sleep schedule this year.

The changing direction is also to help stop rutting!
    What machine are you using on the turf, Grass? Ive been saying for a while that it would be great to get into the WB's you lot have. But yes, gates would be an issue!

That deck is awesome. I certainly wouldnt want to oil or stain it, be a nightmare!

Nice work grassman! I've got one nice patch of tall fescue like that I'll take a photo of it so you can see it in effect over here.

I'm putting my camera in my glove box and leaving it there till I use all the batteries, thanks for inspiration everyone!

These are about as good as I can get them although, I dont go out of my way for them, just happens. This property does not look like this anymore. Haven't been able to get on it since well before xmas due to the rain. Its a giant bog hole!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    The changing direction is also to help stop rutting!
    What machine are you using on the turf, Grass? Ive been saying for a while that it would be great to get into the WB's you lot have. But yes, gates would be an issue!

That deck is awesome. I certainly wouldnt want to oil or stain it, be a nightmare!
    here i had to read your post a couple of times, hahah, i thought you were talking about oiling and staining the deck......on the mower.

that was cut with a 48in 17hp wright stander. we only use 36in walk behinds,we have two, and also a 36in stander.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    Nice work grassman! I've got one nice patch of tall fescue like that I'll take a photo of it so you can see it in effect over here.

I'm putting my camera in my glove box and leaving it there till I use all the batteries, thanks for inspiration everyone!
    fantastic, look foward to seeing pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    These are about as good as I can get them although, I dont go out of my way for them, just happens. This property does not look like this anymore. Haven't been able to get on it since well before xmas due to the rain. Its a giant bog hole!
    if you go a little out of your way, i would say you are doing a great job, those are nice and even and straight. now, just keep in those same stripes the next time you mow that way, and they put a different direction in after a while and "burn" those in and you will have the awesome patterns like on sports turf, at least here they stripe the heck outa it.

good looking grass mick, what is it?

HI Grassman177 and Welcome,
    Can you tell me how many people work on this garden when you are finsh it for 15min,
    And garden look like MAKE IT.......

a lawn this size, which the lawn itself measures about 8000square feet(743 meters squared). it is mixed up around the landscape etc. it takes us about 15 minutes and we charge $35.00 per cut. plus, we have a fuel surcharge we add per cut of $1-$3 depending on fuel costs at the time as they have been eradically fluctuating for years now. we do a ton of $35-$40 lawns in close routes. we also do a ton of large area mowings in teh 1-3 acre size. price ranging from $65-$120 per cut on those[/QUOTE]

Looks fantastic Grassman. Are these weekly cuts? And probably a silly question what happens to the grass after it has been covered in snow are they renovated each spring?

Quote Originally Posted by starmow View Post
    HI Grassman177 and Welcome,
    Can you tell me how many people work on this garden when you are finsh it for 15min,
    And garden look like MAKE IT.......

a lawn this size, which the lawn itself measures about 8000square feet(743 meters squared). it is mixed up around the landscape etc. it takes us about 15 minutes and we charge $35.00 per cut. plus, we have a fuel surcharge we add per cut of $1-$3 depending on fuel costs at the time as they have been eradically fluctuating for years now. we do a ton of $35-$40 lawns in close routes. we also do a ton of large area mowings in teh 1-3 acre size. price ranging from $65-$120 per cut on those
    [/QUOTE]

i run a crew of three, one mows this lawn, one mows a lawn down the street, and one trims and blows both. so, really, two guys are on this place at time of mow. lawns this size are usually a 15-20 job. any longer and the price goes up.

is this fast??

Quote Originally Posted by Bgs View Post
    Looks fantastic Grassman. Are these weekly cuts? And probably a silly question what happens to the grass after it has been covered in snow are they renovated each spring?
    we only offer weekly or more often services. manicured lawns are our specialty. this lawn gets cut twice per week all spring long till the heat of summer finally slows it down. most folk however dont allow to cut twice per week, so we have to double cut in spring due to the height of growth.

they are "renovated" in fall. we aerate and overseed in fall time ever year on lots of our lawns. spring time is just get out there when it shows the first signs of breaking dormancy and cut it nice ans short( to us that is 2.5-3inches). this gets the dead off the top and gets sun and warmth to the roots and allows the new green leaves to start growing etc.

Thanks for aksing

This one might get nominated into "the good, the bad and the ugly"...

This is my first attempt at what I'll call a number carving. The digits need better shaping and alignment which I hope to correct as time goes on. It's a 22 for those can't see it.

p.s. before photo was taken just after starting.

doh! here they are.

Advertisement for edges by kawasaki...

It's a good start mate. Over time you will be able to keep training it so you will have it how you want. Nice edges and pic of the kawa btw!

Page 48 of 125 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast