Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Lawnman

Default Re: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

ok guys heres one for yas i mow this every 2 weeks in summer
    and 3 weeks in winter ,takes me 2hrs all reel and rotary work.
    discard the dates on photos they where taken about 2.5 yrs ago
    i had just scalped it was getting too sponggy,and the lines on mounds wernt defiying enough.
    try doing that with ya ride on mowers lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lawnman; 23-12-2004 at 09:34 PM.

Alex Callaghan

Lawnman,

Top property!!
    Yes.........Looks like a tuff job!!
    Especially mowing with a cylinder.
    Bloody good job by the looks of things.

But.....All that said I'd have absolutly no issues what so ever.............any way....shape.....or fourm mowing those hills and doing a bang up job of it with a 52'' ZTR .

I'd try and I'd succeed and not only would it look bloody tops.. it would be economical for the owner

Viceroy

Looks great
    Good job mate

mick

Where are the BMX bikes! Would of loved something like that as a kid!

Whats the thinking behind it! Is it there for a reason?

Is it Lawn Sculpture or something?

The people who come up with this stuff obviously dont mow!

I dont envy you mowing that mate! Looks like a Pain in the azz!

Lawnman

Mick it is sculpture of some sort its a reverse or mirror image of the house and varanda,
    and when the sun sets and shadows apear it all stands out really good.The owners are lanscapers.
    i do next doors aswell which is lancaped to look like ocean waves rolling in,more looking like golf tees more like it but hey $$$ r good.

mick

Speaking of golf course... He's one I prepared earlier, um , today actually!...

mick

On the 10th ..............................

ryancronin

How much was that job

mick

Ryan it was $50/hr with a total of 3.5 hours = $175

There was way more to it than pictured and very long in places. There rough area mower had broken down and they were desperate to get it mowed. People were loosing there balls! hehe

GregG

Hey mick how big an area (acres) did ya do in that time as I would be looking at double that price at least $50 acre

mick

Greg, there was no way of working out how many acres! Thats why I did it per hr! There were no square areas just driving around the fairway. Heaps of fig trees with the roots across the ground slowed me down not to mention the length and thickness of the couch and where it was being thrown. That pic shows really the only open bit of ground if you know what I mean. Also had to pick up some palm frons, wait for golfers to move on, driving out to the fairway, talking etc so it wasnt 3.5hrs constant mowing
    This is regularly ferted/watered stuff that hadnt been mowed for a few weeks.

Really wasnt as straight forward as you may think.

If I was to hazard a guess, somewhere around the 3-4 acres or so but dont quote me on that!

Alex Callaghan

Where are the fairways in the pics mick?

I can see one on the other side of the tree line (Thats more golf talk for ya) but is there one in the open area in the open space in the pic...........I cant tell where if thats rough meeting fairway (Golf talk)?

mick

Al, Cant tell where the fairway is? Hmmm, I must be good! haaa

In the first pic, above the mower is the Fairway and the Tee's behind me.
    This pic shows it I think! Fairway left, Tee right!

Really wish I'd taken more pics to show properly but thats life!

Alex Callaghan

[QUOTE=mick]Al, Cant tell where the fairway is? Hmmm, I must be good! haaa
    QUOTE]

Before pics I cant see the fairways over the long grass................Arfter pics can't see over the piles of clippings ya left everywhere ya grub

Hehe......Nah....that last pic is good. Bit more defenition to where tee, rough and fairway begin and end

So did ya leave clippings all over thier golf buggy paths arfter ya packed up and left mate ....... Thats a bit dodgy aint it

Also...........Last pic bottom kinda left area..........Whats the deal with all those clippings mate?

Being seriose now...........It was nicely done ol mate

For a JD

mick

Cheers mate! I was happy and so was... The man!

I asked him about the clippings and he said theyd sweep em up but I did the reverse blow thing from the deck which cleaned them up some!

Clippings have gotta go somewhere mate and as long as they wernt on the fairway its cool!

I would loved to of left the place with bugger all clipping on the grass etc but I let The Man pick the height and it was so thick they just sat on top.

He just needed it cut whick I was happy to do!

Always wanted to mow on a golf course. Next, an airport then a footy field! hehe Wheres that big Toro thing? hehe

Page 5 of 125 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast