Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Default Re: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Quote Originally Posted by bulletproofhead View Post
    yep ,
    are we too slow , or the people here paying too much you think ?
    its not just mowing
    whipper snip around the house and sheds and trees pathways and drive ways and blow the same areas if needed
    we have to dodge a lot of irrigation lines
    small ride on for tight work under trees in the orchard , big ride on knocks off the bigger areas

$35 p/h is what we charge for each operator
    good / bad / or is this ugly for us
    If you were up here Id be subbing you out and sitting on my azz or at least not having to work as hard! I send you out for an 8hr day, pay you $280 and pay myself $150-$200, which is kind of what your leaving on the table!

I cant believe anyone would do 2hrs of ride on work for $75 when you have fuel and maintenance on your equipment. Let alone other costs like phone, insurance's, ute fuel, tax etc and upgrading your machine when the time comes. What about putting money away for winter, drought, bad weather etc?

How long have you been doing ride on/larger properties. Have you checked out your profit and loss yet?

Not having a go at ya, just not sure if your actually making any money!

Rental property thats been vacant since before Xmas,Knee high on me and as thick as the fleas on a junkyard dog
    Two blokes + a whippie + a couple of rakes and a good ol 196

"I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

way to go courty looks good , you must have taken a **** load of grass from it ...

fantastic job mate ..and i bet you made more than 35 bucks an hour like the earlier post was quoting for ride on..and all you had was a whippy , mower and a rake ..well done son
    jobs like these are gold and not that hard when you are a roll...we can make good dollars on these as i am sure you did ..

Quote Originally Posted by geoff1969 View Post
    way to go courty looks good , you must have taken a **** load of grass from it ...
    yeah I forgot to mention that,full trailer 3.5 cubes, a grand total of 16 bucks at our tip.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    fantastic job mate ..and i bet you made more than 35 bucks an hour like the earlier post was quoting for ride on..and all you had was a whippy , mower and a rake ..well done son
    jobs like these are gold and not that hard when you are a roll...we can make good dollars on these as i am sure you did ..
    Geoff
    It was good earner and I didn't have to explain the cost to the customer,he pretty much knew it was going to cost him when he rang.A couple of these jobs a week + regulars and life would be good

good stuff mate well done ...many a newbie and even oldie can pick up a good hint from this ....

Top job courty, I bet the client would have been happy with the end result.

Did you whipper everything first then rake then mow? When doing ferals like this do you use a blade on your whippy?

Nice job Courty.

I walked away from one like this a couple of weeks ago as I had the feeling the customer wouldn't pay anywhere near what I was going to quote.

Quarter-acre sloping block with small house. Home-assist had been mowing just around the house area for their usual $20.

When I enquired back to see if the owner got anyone to do the job, they had. Someone did it by mowing (and catching all grass) THREE times for $100.

that is some tall grass man,

does a lawn like that handle a ride on machine to make it easier than the push mower/cylinder mower?

that looks small so i assume a gate was there to keep a bigger machine from getting in that back yard. that was almost tractor work!

i have two of those jobs coming up. Neither looks as bad as that. One is $350 for a feral lawn. The other is 2 parts.... feral lawn $300 + rubbish removal $300 + tip fees. Will take pics if I remember. If all goes to plan I shoul do the lot in a day and a half (12hrs) and make some decent $$

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

are these overgrown lots you all are mowing comonplace? there seem to be a regular amount of pics about them

Nice work Country, even got some of those yanky stripes going on! haa

Click the link below to check out one Ive just picked up. The last pic is a gully buried under 4-5-6foot grass. In another pics is a paddock with soccer goal posts.
    Got the slasher in yesterday and started the brush cutting. Huge jobs with 5hrs spent already brush cutting. Slasher took 3hrs. There is much more to it than in the pics. It WILL NOT look pretty but I'll get some more pics up as I progress with it. There is kykuyu and sir walter mixed together, 3 foot tall in some places.
    Anyway, have a look....
    https://picasaweb.google.com/mickhip...eat=directlink

Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    Top job courty, I bet the client would have been happy with the end result.

Did you whipper everything first then rake then mow? When doing ferals like this do you use a blade on your whippy?
    I find the blade is a pita for this sort of stuff, I use chord cause it throws the grass out of the way a bit rather than just dropping it. Haven't put a blade on in ages for this same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Grassman177 View Post
    are these overgrown lots you all are mowing comonplace? there seem to be a regular amount of pics about them
    They are all over the country, hard work but good earners when you do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Nice work Country, even got some of those yanky stripes going on! haa

Click the link below to check out one Ive just picked up. The last pic is a gully buried under 4-5-6foot grass. In another pics is a paddock with soccer goal posts.
    Got the slasher in yesterday and started the brush cutting. Huge jobs with 5hrs spent already brush cutting. Slasher took 3hrs. There is much more to it than in the pics. It WILL NOT look pretty but I'll get some more pics up as I progress with it. There is kykuyu and sir walter mixed together, 3 foot tall in some places.
    Anyway, have a look....
    https://picasaweb.google.com/mickhip...eat=directlink
    Crikey Mick you can have those!

Andy
    I actually did this one with a blade,it was thick as.I got into a rhythm of only cutting right to left and the grass would pick up on the guard,give it a flick and it would lay out in a windrow ready to rake up(does that makes sense).

Mick
    As Andy knows,those stripes are all in the grooming flap

Page 50 of 125 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast