Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Default Re: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Did this makeover couple of months back. Drove past today and saw is back to what it was !
    Attached Images Attached Images

two more , from the same place.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice. Shame to hear it's been let go again.

Nice job! It amazes me that people get us to clean their places up, then they just let it slide back to what it was again. Instead of a regular mow, they let it go to **** and pay a big chunk again instead of paying basically the same money but having a nice neat garden all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Nice job Tom. Baffles me how people can let a yard get to that stage. Any follow-up work in it for you?
    Thanks Paul, and others. Once again this was a job for a friend who lives very close by so should have been charged double what I did it for. Just whipped and mowed this one, not a real neat job but they just wanted it back to a normal length rather than super flash. I'll be doing it regularly for normal rates. It got so long because their usual guy kept promising to do it without turning up for weeks on end. Slacker!
    "Treat your lawn to T.L.C"

Photobucket

Nice work Simon. Doesn't it make you want to slap 'em when they let all your hard work go to waste.

I did a small but overgrown place 6-7 weeks ago, gave a price for regular mowing (fortnightly) then got a call back today asking if I would go around tomorrow and do it again for that price. After six weeks growth, not bloody likely! Then she turned her nose up when I quoted an extra 20 bucks on top. I believe the term is.... PITA!!!! I'm starting to get the picture, you have to train your clients to keep their lawns tidy with regular visits. They need discipline!
    "Treat your lawn to T.L.C"

Photobucket

Quote Originally Posted by T.L.C View Post
    Thanks Paul, and others. Once again this was a job for a friend who lives very close by so should have been charged double what I did it for. Just whipped and mowed this one, not a real neat job but they just wanted it back to a normal length rather than super flash. I'll be doing it regularly for normal rates. It got so long because their usual guy kept promising to do it without turning up for weeks on end. Slacker!
    Nice work Tom
    Not doubting your friend but I reckon I have heard that excuse on every overgrown place I've quoted or done
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

I quoted a massively overgrown lawn today. Kiykuyu and it had got into the garden beds as well. She wanted it all cleaned up. Easy 3 hrs work for 2 blokes so I quoted $350 plus another $100 dumping as there was easily a 8x5 trailer load to come off it. Rang her and gave the price and she nearly had a fit. Told me she had two other quotes and the cheapest was $80. I took some time to explain to her how I worked out my cost and told her if she could get it for $80 go for it because it was a bargain. I asked who had made that quote thinking lawn grub for sure. Her answer floored me. It was a Jims
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I quoted a massively overgrown lawn today. Kiykuyu and it had got into the garden beds as well. She wanted it all cleaned up. Easy 3 hrs work for 2 blokes so I quoted $350 plus another $100 dumping as there was easily a 8x5 trailer load to come off it. Rang her and gave the price and she nearly had a fit. Told me she had two other quotes and the cheapest was $80. I took some time to explain to her how I worked out my cost and told her if she could get it for $80 go for it because it was a bargain. I asked who had made that quote thinking lawn grub for sure. Her answer floored me. It was a Jims

Jimmy's finished product is obviously not going to look like your finished product was going too. That is a hard part of this business, the customers are just to vague in what level of work they require, I sometimes feel like a detective grilling them for details on what they actually want. Makes it really hard to quote.
    South Coast Mowing & Gardening Services
    www.southcoastmowing.com

That's amazing hey! Wonder what they were thinking? I'd assume that it would be almost a full day for me by myself if you thought two fella's for 3 hrs, $80 wouldn't even pay for daycare and fuel, and forget about food on that sort of money, i'd be better off staying at home! or maybe they left a zero off the end of their quote...

Bluey from reading your post theres more to that customer than meets the eye.
    I also know of a young fella that works for a (cough) franchise he gets paid 13.00 an hour when he told me all i could say was wtf .Hes a friend of a friend of course i went into the spiel of why dont you start your own Blah Blah .This was only three months ago i had this conversation with the young lad 19 years of age .
    Still cant believe that i had that conversation in this day and age .

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

That Jimmy musn't have a family to support or a mortgage to pay. Come to think of it what about his monthly franchise fees ?(which I know are not cheap).

Rockin Re: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Thanks for posting pics makes the forum alot more interesting and colorfull. Post pics anywhere on any subject
    Thanks Guys

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    Thanks for posting pics makes the forum alot more interesting and colorfull. Post pics anywhere on any subject
    Thanks Guys
    now i don't think your being completely honest about this admin i saw some pictures a member had posted of his Russian girlfriend and i believe you deleted them for some reason i can't remember what it was
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    now i don't think your being completely honest about this admin i saw some pictures a member had posted of his Russian girlfriend and i believe you deleted them for some reason i can't remember what it was
    She'd been hit with something you use to cut up wood... (sorry in advance.)

Page 54 of 125 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast