Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Default Re: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    WOW! How did you get rid of the old weed and grass? Bobcat, Dingo???? Surely not by hand!(been there done that. NOT fun!)
    Looks awesome mate!
    Thanks Mick
    Bobcat. Although it was too boggy three quarters of the way through, and done the last quarter by hand. I might as well of done it all by hand as the machine left foot deep wheel ruts around the whole yard. Took me almost a day just to smooth out the damage, but they did remove around 30 metres. Dirt level was over path level all over, so lowered it all by about 5 inches before softfall and mulch.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

Wheeled skid steers are a pita. Use a possi trac next time. Much less rutting and damage, especially when theres soft ground.
    Great job anyway! My backs feeling it, just looking at it! haa

It took 8 days from bobcat to painting cubby. I didn't assemble the trampoline (around corner). I had a hand with a mate to turn the soil before mulching the garden, and helped me bolt up the bench seating along garden bed. Cubby was just out of shot in before photo and was already assembled (bare weatherboards). "Before" photo was taken just over a month ago though. The trees along fencline were trimmed/dropped in between. Had to be finished in time for a party on the weekend.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

very classy stump. a job to be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    It took 8 days from bobcat to painting cubby. I didn't assemble the trampoline (around corner). I had a hand with a mate to turn the soil before mulching the garden, and helped me bolt up the bench seating along garden bed. Cubby was just out of shot in before photo and was already assembled (bare weatherboards). "Before" photo was taken just over a month ago though. The trees along fencline were trimmed/dropped in between. Had to be finished in time for a party on the weekend.
    Party on! Hope it was as much as a success as the makeover!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    Great shots and nice job Stump! Was it done is stages over awhile cause surely that wasn't done in a week was it???
    No it wasn't one of your "3 day weeks" Andy MATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    here's a no-dig vege garden I've almost finished, needs another layer or two. Treated pine lined with polystyrene.
    finished this today...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    finished this today...
    is that to water proof the edges redeye, and if it is, is it to stop the chemicals leaching out, or just keep more water in? (not taking the piss mate, just interested as i have done a few myself with treated pine and always worry about the chemicals leaching out).
    "Time trial. Start as fast as possible, finish as fast as possible and hope it is fast enough,"

Quote Originally Posted by Jayk View Post
    is that to water proof the edges redeye, and if it is, is it to stop the chemicals leaching out, or just keep more water in? (not taking the piss mate, just interested as i have done a few myself with treated pine and always worry about the chemicals leaching out).
    Had to do a raised garden bed for me old man after he suffered a stroke and couldn't bend down anymore. Wanted to use treated pine but like you was worried about the arsenic used to treat the sleepers. After doing a bit of research found there are in fact treated pine sleepers you can use in garden beds that are treated with non-toxic chemicals. They were a couple of dollars more per sleeper but well worth the peace of mind in my oppinion.

Very Helpful Member

a bit of light reading re pinehttp://www.wespine.com.au/techguide.pdf
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

I lined it for the clients peace of mind('tho she wasn't really fussed either way) against arsenic leaching. I'm in the process of building myself one and won't be lining it; there is info from CSIRO saying its nothing to worry about - greeny bleating

ta fellas, i def feel better now!
    "Time trial. Start as fast as possible, finish as fast as possible and hope it is fast enough,"

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmowing Wheelers Hill View Post
    No it wasn't one of your "3 day weeks" Andy MATE!
    Just saw that, smartie pants, I can't help it if i only work 15hrs a week and earn $200+ an hour. I'm saving up for surfing lessons over at Bells Beach. lol

Done for one of my Gold class customers. The Redgum was over 30 year old and well past its used by date. Still alot more to do and there should be alot more before and after images to come on this property.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Looks like u got a good load of firewood
    Keep the pics coming
    Cheers Fred.

Page 58 of 125 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast