Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Alex Callaghan

Default Re: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Ya don't have to justifiy ya clipping dispersal...............I'm just playing with ya (friendly dig) and I reakon ya did a top job buddy.

This vacant block I do has an opening that has golf buggy tracks going right onto a golf coarse. I can see the some nice fairways etc from where I mow and I'm always tempted to just floor it down onto the fairways and have a mow!

Tonyr

Ya Lucky Bugger!

Crikey, I don't get nice jobs like that....I get the crap the little mowers can't do and slashers don't want LOL!

My dream is golf courses too, sports fields etc....but got buckly's ha ha ha.

Nice job, green tooo....it is drying out badly here again....

I hope now ya got ya foot in the door mate that they will use you more regularly?

Now ya in ZTR territory!

mick

Ya don't have to justifiy ya clipping dispersal1

I know Al, just expainling the situation is all!

Tony, I've been lucky in the last week, picked up some good bigger jobs but still want more. Thinking of not doing or getting rid of a couple of the pushy jobs that suck. There just a pita really compared to these big ones.

Not sure if its a foot in the door or what but you never know. Like I said he kept my number etc so see what happens. There waiting on approval to get this new mower and hopefully it wont be for a while so I can do it again. hehe There were other areas that needed mowing and if they cant do it soon it will get real long, quick!

Tony, you would of loved this paddock they wanted a quote on. It was about 10acres. It was way to rough for me and only done every 2mths. It gets slashed with a LARGE slasher but they arnt happy with the guy. They dont want to pay much either!
    I just took one look at it and said.... NOPE!

Tonyr

10 acres rough....sounds like a typical day only bigger for here lol.

this is true, did a quote last month 30 mins outa town, 2.5 acres, knee high at burrum heads, no probs, $150 I say mow only, cheap yes, but I wanted to get my foot in door of this new acreage estate....nup, owner is an advertising rep for trashy newspaper here he said nup, a tractor would be cheaper! On a once nice freaking lawn, bloody tractor!!??? And the guys I know would charge more anyway to travel there and to do that much. I lost job, they found a freaking slasher to mow their lawn!

I gotta sell up, this biz is killin' me....friggin people here are lunatics, fairdinkim, bloody freak country. Then that witch last week who didn't want to pay me for 4 hours of work cause I didn't give a written quote 1st so no proof she even hired me....I got 200 outa 250 she owed.

Wouldn't mind a tip truck biz, something where ya don't deal with smart arse public, I've been looking since winter, still haven't found anything that returns as good per hour for the investment though. A courier biz would be ok, but they are everywhere like lawnies.

mick

To be honest that slasher property was probably bigger than 10acres, it went off into the distance sort of thing and god knows what was in there. He said they dump alot of tree rubbish etc in there and that the slasher just goes over the top of it!
    Not for me that one!

That golf course job, they first tried to get there slaser guy in to do it (the roughs) but he didnt turn up. I mean, I left a bit of a mess but a slasher! There kidding!

See what happens with that anyway!

Only a couple of weeks ago I felt the same way about throwing it in. But what do ya do! I cant do anything else that brings in the good money, when it comes in anyway! I hate dealling with the public as well and some of them are REAL PITAS but I only get them rarely. Everything has pros and cons and right now I'm going ok!
    I think I mentioned a girl who owed me money for 3 jobs. Anyway, I get a call from her, she said she'd got called away quickly and that there car had broken down etc etc bla bla could I come and mow the lawn. I said as long as your there with my money and to expect the lawn to look like cr@p when I'm done. She said its cool and that its about 3' in places and she'll double my usual price. I said Duh! So I'm gonna mow it on Tuesday and leave one hell of a mess and get payed! She'd better bloody well be there!

Grillonz

Just a couple of photos of an overgrown lawn I had to mow. Nice & thick & wet.
    This is before I started:
    Happy mowing
    James
    Attached Images Attached Images

Grillonz

The drive befroe & after. This wasn't as long since it had been mowed more recently than the rest so was a piece of cake to mow.

Grillonz

The back yard after mowing.
    Much better.
    PS In one of the before shots you can just see the handles of a push mower & to the right of the shot is a wire fence of std height.
    Happy mowing
    James

APS_QLD

Grills
    What mower are you running,how big is the yard and how long did it take you. .

Brian

Grillonz

Mower as pictured.
    I had mowed the property before & it took about an hour. This time 2hrs 15 mins. It consists of the drive as pictured, the back yard as pictured, a front yard about half the size of the back as well as roungd the house garage etc.
    I'd say approx 1.5 acres.
    Whole propety is 6 acres. Includes a large orchard that we did another day. That took the grillo & a honda hru 215 1.5 hrs to tidy up.
    Happy mowing
    James

mick

Holey hell! That mower isnt what I expected for sure!

How many HP Grills

Grillonz

18 HP petrol.

Happy mowing
    James

Alex Callaghan

Good stuff James.

The flail deck seems like it dose a top job.

What's the deal with the dualys on ya rideone mate?

A local mower shop has been pushing the "Grillo Climbers" latley. They look like a solid unit!
    Havn't seen the catcher type like yours on the floor but they are big walker dealers so I spose that makes sense.

Is the deck on ya mower drive shaft driven?

Some pavig i have finished

Hey this is a great site however some over your pics come up all fuzzy Could someone tell mw why..... ....

Page 6 of 125 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast