Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Default Re: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

You can run a feeder line of the 19mm poly and use 'starter elbows' instead of 13mm tees. You just punch a hole in the top of the feeder line with a special tool, push a fitting into the dripline, and then push the fitting down onto the feeder line until it clicks. Do the same thing at the other end and it will save you a heap of time. The pipe can then swivel if it is moved so there is more flexibility.

Nice job btw.

Bryan do you know of any good books or websites to learn more about small garden irrigation setups or the basics in general?

I saw that punch the other day, we were very curious if it would pop out. Same principle as the spaghetti into the 13mm. Would save on all the 19mm/13mm tees that we use.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Bryan do you know of any good books or websites to learn more about small garden irrigation setups or the basics in general?
    Don't really know of any books, but there are some videos on youtube showing you how to do a lot of things. If there is anything I can help you with feel free to ask whether it's on the forum or email.

This is a pretty basic one from Netafim

another on design

Quote Originally Posted by urbanpatch View Post
    I saw that punch the other day, we were very curious if it would pop out. Same principle as the spaghetti into the 13mm. Would save on all the 19mm/13mm tees that we use.
    It won't pop out as long as your pressure isn't too high. Throw in a pressure reducing valve and you will be sweet

Thanks mate. Just having a look at those now. I want to try setting up some lines around my place here as practice sometime but there's too much concrete and existing structures to tunnel under. I guess I'd have to look at doing a setup that the hose would just click onto the end of.

The bloke from better homes and gardens did a full set up about 2 weeks ago check their website, very straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanpatch View Post
    The bloke from better homes and gardens did a full set up about 2 weeks ago check their website, very straight forward.
    There we go. That explains it much better than the ones I posted. The thing I would do differently is to use starter elbows instead of straight starters, or adaptors as Jason put it. The straight ones tend to pull out from time to time especially under turf, where the elbows can swivel around if the pipe is pulled or if tree roots lift the pipe over time. The other thing I do is instead of that plastic thing he put on the tap, just unscrew the tap and install a 3/4" brass tee with a 3/4" ball valve coming down and the tap goes back into the end of the tee. It will cost about the same as that plastic thing and won't snap off 12 months later. Install your dual check valve for the backflow prevention after the ball valve and then your pressure reducing valve, then you can run your 19mm or 25mm poly from there. If you want to make it automatic you can install a battery operated solenoid. The Hunter SVC is the best for this.

http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/better...wn-and-garden/

A little tip, if you are installing the dripline on your own, unroll the pipe from the middle not the outside and you won't get all tangled up. Just twist it as you walk out for each run.

Thanks mate. Just having a look at those now. I want to try setting up some lines around my place here as practice sometime but there's too much concrete and existing structures to tunnel under. I guess I'd have to look at doing a setup that the hose would just click onto the end of.
    you can tunnel under concrete pathways with a hose and a bit of copper pipe. but it is slow, messy and there is still the chance that the concrete might crack over time

just wanted to show off my edges,
    I took my mrs with me today She pushed the 19' while i used the self prepelled
    when i have finished this lawn it always Looks good
    mrs doesnt like being in the sun all day so i dont think she is comming again
    Attached Images Attached Images

and finished job
    Attached Images Attached Images

nice n neat greenie

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
    you can tunnel under concrete pathways with a hose and a bit of copper pipe. but it is slow, messy and there is still the chance that the concrete might crack over time
    Yep done that quite a few times. My mains water used to run diagonally across the driveway under four seperate tracks of concrete. The old 12mm 30 year old plastic pipe developed about 1 or 2 leaks per year. I soon got sick of excess water bills and digging under the concrete replacing a section at a time so the new pipe now runs up the side of the house and is connected around the back. Unfortunatley the new pipe is still on the opposite side of the driveway to the lawn and garden hence the trouble putting in a dedicated, connected irrigation system.

^^ Nice job up there Greenie. Are those footpath edges done with the trimmer or an Atom?

^^ Nice job up there Greenie. Are those footpath edges done with the trimmer or an Atom?
    Used the Atom, what i normally do is run up with the atom them quickly hit it with the wipper snipper to finish it off

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    and finished job
    Now thats why you call the professionals!

Page 62 of 125 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast