Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Default Re: Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

I'm feeling your pain Mick,2013 has been a write off so far.
    More bloody heavy showers here tonight,it just won't give up.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Quote Originally Posted by courty View Post
    I'm feeling your pain Mick,2013 has been a write off so far.
    More bloody heavy showers here tonight,it just won't give up.
    Was going to try and do one up Helensvale tomorrow, do you think I'd have half a chance? I think its reasonably well drained but still grey water etc to deal with. Its a pita at the best of times but it would be seriously long now so if its wet, it will be very difficult indeed.
    Dont know if its worth wasting fuel on driving all the way up there just to find I cant do it. I could do 2 if I can do that one.

This just just doing my head in. Some possible, others impossible, getting nagged and getting ignored. Just crazy stuff!

I'm surprised you can even get on any lawns Mick,most of mine are still soaked. I've been cutting a few but not happy about the conditions.
    Still the same here too. Hasn't helped being laid up with a virus since lunchtime Tuesday either. Only started again about 3pm today and got one done before it started raining again.

Well Courty, I found out how wet it was. I ended up doing a couple yesterday and couldnt believe it was actually wetter than last week.. Unreal.
    Basically just a slash cut n drop. Couldnt double cut anything on here. Wire grass (Bahia) and other rubbish.
    Last pic is a friend who pushed the envelope to far the other day and got himself in a pretty slippery situation. Note the half meter slide next to the wheel. Micky to the rescue!

The bad....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Well Courty, I found out how wet it was. I ended up doing a couple yesterday and couldnt believe it was actually wetter than last week.. Unreal.
    Basically just a slash cut n drop. Couldnt double cut anything on here. Wire grass (Bahia) and other rubbish.
    Last pic is a friend who pushed the envelope to far the other day and got himself in a pretty slippery situation. Note the half meter slide next to the wheel. Micky to the rescue!

The bad....
    Feel bad for you guys. This would be driving me insane!

Quote Originally Posted by cylo View Post
    Feel bad for you guys. This would be driving me insane!
    Its not just us. A customer of mine does deliveries for building supplies and what not. He's struggling as well due to construction slowing because of the rain.
    But yeah, its getting very frustrating now. Beyond frustrating to be honest.

I dont know how the guys do it up north, deal with rain etc!

The longer the grass gets before we can get on to cut it the less it will dry out and the more mushy it will get underfoot (or tyre). I got three done yesterday with the 216. Lawns that I normally zip through in an hour, so long and thick they are taking two hours plus. Getting over it very quickly. Showering still here today but trying to head out to get a gardening job done this arvo. Raincoat and gumboots are on board.

We had a pretty good day yesterday but it was a first in weeks.
    Weeds are just going crazy in these conditions,people just don't understand how hard it is to control them at the moment.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

I've had a pretty good run this week but we've had no proper rain since last weekend. Just enough overnight drizzle to keep the grass wet.
    Getting the jobs done, but it's slow and not pretty. Seem to spend as much time under the deck cleaning it out as in the seat. Came close to getting bogged on Wednesday, but managed to squirm my way out.
    Had to do 450m of steep roadside drain this morning. Can usually get the flat and a couple of runs down the bank with the ztr then almost to the water with the SP and then the rest with the brushcutter. Had it down to 4 hrs but this morning it's as greasy as a butchers pr!ck and it took me 6 hrs, mostly on the brushcutter.

We had a pretty good day yesterday but it was a first in weeks.
    Weeds are just going crazy in these conditions,people just don't understand how hard it is to control them at the moment.
    I pulled a heap of weeds out of my garden beds a couple of weeks ago, shook out the dirt and threw them onto the lawn to be mulched up next mow. Got the rain and I just got to mow yesterday arvo and a heap of the weeds had re-rooted and were happily growing again in the lawn.

4 weeks growth, owner hadn't been in touch....came up alright though, quick hit with the whippy then 1 pass with the victa mulchmaster, then a tidy with the blower....whole job took about 10-15 minutes longer than usual
    IMG322.jpgIMG323.jpg

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

I got this property yesterday. Not sure that I'm too happy about that though. This back section hadn't been cut since before Xmas.
    No 'before' pics. The top area mostly thatched kikuyu on the banks, and natives/love grass on the lower section.

052rs.jpg 055rs.jpg 056rs.jpg 059rs.jpg

And an African Love Grass tussock after I'd done my best on it with 2.7 whippy cord and 43cc,
    049rs.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    And an African Love Grass tussock...
    I hate that stuff and its relatives. I usually ask to apply herbicide and then come back to dig it out.

Cheers - GardenGuy.
    My Garden Guy - www.mygardenguy.com.au. Visit us at Facebook too! Visit our Blog for seasonal updates and hints about what your garden needs now.
    Servicing Sydney's North Shore from Chatswood to Cowan. Lawn mowing, gardening services, clean-ups and more.

If you need lawn mowing and garden services, you need an ILMCOA member. Check the directory for someone local to you.

you need a flamethrower ed lol

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Page 96 of 125 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast