Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Uniforms

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Default Uniforms

Does any one know where to get a uniform. I would like something on a king gee or that style shirt which is fluro yellow. Maybe i am asking too much but any way if some one knows where to get this sought of thing at a good price please let me know.

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Default Re: Uniforms

Safety stores have all that stuff but can be expensive. even try your local weekend market,I got my stuff from there. Aussie disposals have a good range or look up a company called corporate ID on the Internet. You can get uniforms from them and they can embroider your company name or logo on the shirts for you. If you let them put their company name on the back just under the collar they will do your name or logo for free.

Get kool gear Hard yakka and king gee make them and if ur smart long sleev shirt.

Thanks fellas emailed that company id and yeah always long sleeves especially in the sun these days. too many old people walking around with holes in them from sun cancer and the sun is only getting worse.

We have gone away from the flouro colours. Everyman and his dog wears them. Our uniforms are Bisely Work Wear. We have bottle green long pants and khaki shirts. Both the shirts and pants are embroidered with the company name. They look smart and wear well and suit our gardening theme. If we need to do anything near the road we have safety vests.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by 63impala
    Get kool gear Hard yakka and king gee make them and if ur smart long sleev shirt.
    agree the king gee cool long sleve short and pants embroidered with company logo is a good combo.

Where does the logo go on the pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey
    We have gone away from the flouro colours. Everyman and his dog wears them. Our uniforms are Bisely Work Wear. We have bottle green long pants and khaki shirts. Both the shirts and pants are embroidered with the company name. They look smart and wear well and suit our gardening theme. If we need to do anything near the road we have safety vests.

Quote Originally Posted by 63impala
    Where does the logo go on the pants.
    Above the right hand back pocket
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

we use bisely slip on shirts with hard yakka pants , found the bisely pants to be not much chop , deloped holes & zips broke too easily.
    i get my gear from here in outer sth est melb >>> http://www.wedirect.com.au/index.php
    found them to be very reliable & helpful !!
    Cheers
    1st aid level 2 , ewp over 11m , limits of approach (powerline clearance) , ohs red card , roadside traffic management, chainsaw lvl 1 , woodchipper , fire training lvl 1 Leaves2Lawn Tree & Gardencare PTY LTD 0407569973 [/COLOR]12 inch woodchipper hire , Garden Mulch , Ride on mowing & lawn mowing services , Hedge trimming , Tree removal & Maintenance .

i used to wear the khaki & green king gee etc... with embrodiery looked good but got really hot in summer. So i changed to yellow fluro (i feel is cooler in summer) & screenprinted my logo on the back. did the screenprinting myself. it really stands out on the yellow. image link below. not sure how to embed it into the page?

http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/at...tid=2410&stc=1
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
    Thanks fellas emailed that company id and yeah always long sleeves especially in the sun these days. too many old people walking around with holes in them from sun cancer and the sun is only getting worse.
    Cant agree more.

Sunscreen and wide brim hat as well.

Between nov last year and 2 months ago I have had 4 skin surgeries to have cancers removed all is good now, just have to get regular checks. Cant say my skin doctor is happy about my choice of career change though

touch wood no sun cancers for me yet. i get checked once a year. Free to get checked.

hi Tender Lovin Lawn & Garden does wearing long sleeves in summer make you cooler or hotter?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by redbackmowing
    touch wood no sun cancers for me yet. i get checked once a year. Free to get checked.

hi Tender Lovin Lawn & Garden does wearing long sleeves in summer make you cooler or hotter?

cheers
    I belive its about the same. I went from working fulltime security for 7 years where i didnt see the sun to mowing lawns constantly in the sun and if i hadnt been wearing long sleeves my arms would have burnt real bad. In fact there was one day in the first 2 weeks when my long sleve shirts where both in the wash and yeah i was as red as so i went back to the long sleeves even if i had to wear the same shirt twice. I still bit over a year and a half latter wear long sleves and now that i work for my self when i employ some one i tell them long sleved shirt and jeans. it helps to protect your arms and legs not only from sun but scratches thorns and stones thrown from equipment etc

Senior Member TOO EASY YARD CARE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redbackmowing
    i used to wear the khaki & green king gee etc... with embrodiery looked good but got really hot in summer. So i changed to yellow fluro (i feel is cooler in summer) & screenprinted my logo on the back. did the screenprinting myself. it really stands out on the yellow. image link below. not sure how to embed it into the page?

http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/at...tid=2410&stc=1
    how did u do the screen printing yourself

King Gee also make long pants that have a some extra padding in the knee section.

I bought a pair last year to try them out when I was plumbing and found them to be very comfy. The extra material they use around the knee area provides extra bolstering and you can notice the difference it makes when kneeling down.

I buy most of my work gear direct from a King Gee factory outlet, not as cheap as they once were but still cheaper than buying from a retailer.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast