Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Uniforms

Default Re: Uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by TOO EASY YARD CARE
    how did u do the screen printing yourself
    i started an online shop for boxing t-shirts. started out alright but target market too small. Self taught & worked from home. Pretty easy to learn & do once you know the process behind it all.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey
    We have gone away from the flouro colours. Everyman and his dog wears them. Our uniforms are Bisely Work Wear. We have bottle green long pants and khaki shirts. Both the shirts and pants are embroidered with the company name. They look smart and wear well and suit our gardening theme. If we need to do anything near the road we have safety vests.
    Couldn't agree more! I mean how do you differentiate yourself from all the other "me too" people.

So rather than looking like a council worker, you can get the same style shirts in normal colours as opposed to the shocker fluoros!

Redback, I need my sunnies looking at your work shirt!

it's funny how times changed. When i first started mowing in '97 every man & his dog had green king gees on. Everyone looked the same. Now most have fluros. I prefer the fluro. Microfibre keeps me cool & less likely getting skittled on the road. King gee type shirts i found too hot, too heavy & retained sweat. Most manual labouring jobs by oh&s have to wear the fluro shirts. If you need sunnies to read my shirt, it's doing it job - stands out & free advertising. It wouldn't look good on a green/khaki shirt. Looking like a council worker i think is a bit of a generalization these days. Many tradies wear flouros as well. Each to there own. I long as i don't have to wear a tie i'm happy.

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redbackmowing
    it's funny how times changed. When i first started mowing in '97 every man & his dog had green king gees on. Everyone looked the same. Now most have fluros. I prefer the fluro. Microfibre keeps me cool & less likely getting skittled on the road. King gee type shirts i found too hot, too heavy & retained sweat. Most manual labouring jobs by oh&s have to wear the fluro shirts. If you need sunnies to read my shirt, it's doing it job - stands out & free advertising. It wouldn't look good on a green/khaki shirt. Looking like a council worker i think is a bit of a generalization these days. Many tradies wear flouros as well. Each to there own. I long as i don't have to wear a tie i'm happy.
    Yeah i agree with you totally when i first started i was going to have a mate in the buisness with me and he was pushing the steve erwin shirt. I think you need a fluro shirt for safety especially around roads. Going back to the car to get a vest is a waste of energy and time and time is money. I also agree with you on the tie situation I defenantly dont want to wear one of them.

maybe i can charge more wearing suit & tie.

Bright yellow fluro suit. Bright green fluro tie. Now that would turn heads

slogan: We'll brighten up your day!

Quote Originally Posted by lawngreen
    Couldn't agree more! I mean how do you differentiate yourself from all the other "me too" people.

So rather than looking like a council worker, you can get the same style shirts in normal colours as opposed to the shocker fluoros!

Redback, I need my sunnies looking at your work shirt!
    mr lawn green smart gardeners wear fluoros , working on or near roads in vic oh&s require you to wear fluoro....its sweet to look good lawngreen but i rather be alive and look the same as others....besides what redback said about being cool ,thats so true

thought under ohs every worker must wear fluro colours or high visibility vest = kill 2 birds with one stone wear high visibilty fluro shirt much cooler than the plastic like reflective vests

Yep I agree on the fluro's.
    When I started I used up all my old "issued" cotton drill. Was satched by 9am and take ages to dry. Fluro polo's still get satched but dry quick and much coooler for me.
    Cheers, Jason.

If your lawns and garden's have lost their Mojo...
    Call Mowjo Man

I am in the process of getting some new uniforms done. Have been doing a fellows lawn who owns a work wear and embroidery shop who will do me a contra deal.

Going to get my emblem embroided on them and was thinking of getting the Indi logo on the sleeve.

Admin is this an issue and allowed?

If someone else has done it do they have the embroidery template to rent me so I do not have to pay to get one made up?
    Life's a garden, dig it! Life's a garden, dig it!

I've got 6-7 fluoro shirts with my logo, found last summer I couldn't wear them over 28-30 degrees-too hot, back to loose white cotton tee's.

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Get kool gear good stuff...
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    I've got 6-7 fluoro shirts with my logo, found last summer I couldn't wear them over 28-30 degrees-too hot, back to loose white cotton tee's.
    Yes have spoken to Indy b4 about that same logo as the members sticker
    Not a problem looks good to have seen a couple like that must get mine done lol

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

I found some good quality workwear from the Old K-Mart store. Jackaroo brand long sleeve khaki shirt with an extra length colar that is cool to wear in the summer months. It's light in fabric and has a sun protection rating. There is a wide brimed hat also from Jackeroo. Also from K-Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    I found some good quality workwear from the Old K-Mart store. Jackaroo brand long sleeve khaki shirt with an extra length colar that is cool to wear in the summer months. It's light in fabric and has a sun protection rating. There is a wide brimed hat also from Jackeroo. Also from K-Mart.
    I wear the cargo green Jackaroo pants, fantastic. I think the Jackaroo range is aimed at the fisherman, lots of breathing holes
    Silkwood Garden Care
    Areas we service are:
    Blackburn, Blackburn South, Burwood East, Burwood, Mt Waverly, Glen Waverley

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast