Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Uniforms

Default Re: Uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by redbackmowing View Post
    hi to all, i'm still around but have been out of the mowing business for a little while. well after 14 years thought time for a change, well sort of. got a school groundsman job. so still mowing i guess but a heap of building maintenance stuff. although not the best paying job it does has it perks like about 9 weeks paid holidays a year. which you have to make up time for though. still like reading the posts every now & again. as usual i'm enjoying the indie vs jimbo threads & pita's thread. as for uniforms you can't go past fluro imho. now i have to wear king gee long sleeve & pants(oh&s) & it's bl@@dy hot. feels a bit strange posting again but i'll try to post more.

cheers
    rbm
    If it is anything like the groundsman at my local state school, then you have the easiest job in the world.

He mows the oval with a Kubota mid-mount, then spends the rest of the day raking up the clipings with a rake and throwing them in a trailer. Half of the time he is leaning on it chatting up the mother's who think he's a stud. I have half a mind to throw a quote into the headmaster to stir things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden View Post
    Does any one know where to get a uniform. I would like something on a king gee or that style shirt which is fluro yellow. Maybe i am asking too much but any way if some one knows where to get this sought of thing at a good price please let me know.
    I had the same issue.
    Been wearing the army colours for ages. Now the fluro shirts and my face is getting burnt. With blackout on as well.
    Had me puzzled for a while there.

we wear bright orange button up short sleeve uniform shirts and dark green pants. not only does it look pro, it helps in safety for the shirt, and the pants dont show stains.

they are poly and cotton which is cool and dries fast.

A very good friend of mine does uniforms and has just decked me out. I am very happy with the results. They are based in Brisbane but, any further questions and I can put you in contact with them if needed.
    Life's a garden, dig it! Life's a garden, dig it!

Quote Originally Posted by back to basics View Post
    a very good friend of mine does uniforms and has just decked me out. I am very happy with the results. They are based in brisbane but, any further questions and i can put you in contact with them if needed.
    can you post a pic of the shirts?

Hot tip of the day!

http://deals.ebay.com.au/kinggee/

$35 and free postage.

Im now wearing king gee off green colour.
    bugger the reflective shirts etc. There is no law stating i have to wear them

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    Im now wearing king gee off green colour.
    bugger the reflective shirts etc. There is no law stating i have to wear them
    ammm.... if your near a road or other heavy machinery there is.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Quote Originally Posted by Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden View Post
    ammm.... if your near a road or other heavy machinery there is.
    Yep. But not for residential lawns...
    Dont have any jobs on main roads...

ive got my uniform sorted and im stoked with the shirts i got. long sleeve button up cotton saftey work shirts with breather patches in the armpits and back. bright orange which matches my colour scheme perfect so I stand out like dogs balls but not what you would consider "high vis". already got some really positive comments on my look and best thing they were only 20 bucks from the local saftey shop. that combined with black anti vibe gloves, an orange wide brim safari hat, black and orange saftey sunnies, black shorts, orange socks and boot savers and black boots and you cant miss me! Also got a really smart looking black and orange bowling style shirt for doing quotes and other business type stuff. Got the logo ready for embroiding them im all done.

Quote Originally Posted by C.O.R.Y.S View Post
    ive got my uniform sorted and im stoked with the shirts i got. long sleeve button up cotton saftey work shirts with breather patches in the armpits and back. bright orange which matches my colour scheme perfect so I stand out like dogs balls but not what you would consider "high vis". already got some really positive comments on my look and best thing they were only 20 bucks from the local saftey shop. that combined with black anti vibe gloves, an orange wide brim safari hat, black and orange saftey sunnies, black shorts, orange socks and boot savers and black boots and you cant miss me! Also got a really smart looking black and orange bowling style shirt for doing quotes and other business type stuff. Got the logo ready for embroiding them im all done.
    You must look like Ronald Macdonnald?

Well everyone knows what ronald looks like dont they so wouldnt that be a good thing? (not that i look anything like ronald mcdonald)

Quote Originally Posted by C.O.R.Y.S View Post
    Oh Cmon, u gotta send some pics
    Cheers Fred.

Yeah.. We are all waiting to see the multi colours....

I have bounced around with shirts and uniforms. Had hi vis then went back off them then now back to them. Ours are now hi vis yellow with blue side gussets and a blue tab on the sleeve. Sign written with he business name above the left pock and on the back. Combined with navy blue cargo pants they look good. At least they are not the same as everyone else which is what I wanted.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast