Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Whats that little plastic thing..................

Alex Callaghan

Question Whats that little plastic thing..................

Whats that little clear kinda plastic thing on a trimmer thats attached to the end of a fuel line runs from the tank.

Hard to explain!!

It's attached to the end of a fuel line that comes from the fuel tank. Kinda clear plastic little thing. Lol

Know the thing I'm talkin bout??

Is it a breather?

mick

Alex, If its out side its probably the breather. I had a Shin trimmer and had to replace one cos it clogged up or something. Shin fuel caps dont have the beathers on them so they use that method. Very expensive from the shop too, $18 from memory but that was a long while ago!

Alex Callaghan

G'day Mick.

Yeh its on the outside of a T260.

A little round plastic thing. I thought it was the breather but it just looked a little over complicated for a breather.

I get fuel intermitantly pi$$ing out all over the shop from it and it's a worry when the trimmer is hot let alone leaving dead spots in lawns.

Thanks mate.

Tonyr

hmmmmm, dead spots in the lawn eh?

Wander if Hustler is making Shindaiwas??

ONLY BLOODY KIDDING!

mick

haaa Good one Tony!

Alex, If its letting fuel out it must be faulty. Put a new one on and see how it goes.

Alex Callaghan

It wouldn't supprise me Tony!!

I wander if they have a metal plate for my T260

""""Alex, If its letting fuel out it must be faulty. Put a new one on and see how it goes.""""

It only started doing it on Friday last week mate.
    Just wanted to know WTF it was before I called the dealer and asked for a newie.

Didn't want to call him and be like...."Ya know that little plastic thing.........yada yada yada"

See ya's.