Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to stop tyre leaks?

Tonyr

Thanks mate,

yeah I'm at the point of screaming lol.

I need the tube now as tyre is still leaking, I think it is a rim leak though as plug didn't bubble detergent yesterday when I tested it, and these guys won't pull the tyre off and re do rim sealant, didn't even want to fix their leaky patch up that's why they used the goo, lazy, and made more money. I think the goo must be helping with the leaky patch, but the only other place to leak is rim and valve, but valve is right.

Least if they put a tube in, ''hopefully'' they will redo the rim seal, least I will have that solved, i will then put in goo to seal further leaks .

This isn't the aerosol emergency goo sealant either mate, it is the long life stuff, very different.

Good point about baldy fronts, my toro has baldy's....
    notice hustler's have treaded...

The back tyres are Carlisle or something, don't like them at all, my last toro had another brand and they were great.

What are the ones from bob jane you got?
    Any tread pics?

Thanks mate!

Easycareacres

ok Tony just got the name off tyre Maxxis 24x12-2 NHS
    I need wife to transferpics to this putter shes out at present but will post latter today.
    You should come on down kids are 6 and 10 so plenty to do for them.

Tonyr

Love the avatar pic! Cool!

Our kids are the same age!
    mine are 7 and 10, almost 8 and 11. 2 girls, already think they are bloody teenagers! LOL! Gee they grow up fast hay...

We'll catch up, just wanna get back on my feet first, time of, how do you say it, muckinfuddles! lol.

still kinda thinking about the qfma show in sept, dunno if the drive will be worth it or not....see if my world smooths out first.

Easycareacres

I f you lived closer, I have a leading hand position now for you.
    I find keeping workers working my hardest job as im off mowing spraying etc while they gardening.

Ebony

Hi Guys,

Tyreshield will seal most holes, made by puncturing objects up to 3mm in diameter made in the tread area of tube tyres

6mm in diameter made in the tread area of tubeless tyre.

* A nice drive into the city might do you good Tony

Tonyr

ha, ha, kmow what you mean mate, when we were farming we hired s.hit loads of people every season, the bad one cost you a fortune, the good ones you want to bottle and multiply, but we found getting good workers harder and harder and more costly. people just don't care nowadays basically, and younger ones were the worse followed by ex govn. folk who no longer work for the govn., then we did have an ex cop who was brilliant.

Our leading hand in the field was in her mid/late fifties she was that good apart from paying her above award leading hand rates we bought her a gold watch one year, the expense was worth it.

I would love to get one offsider but I just don't have enough work and I don't want to hire someone then find I can't keep them, not fair on either of us.

Maybe next season, still waiting on those big tenders from months ago, not all dead yet.

Have you worked for parks and wildlife yet?

Had to price a bunch of crap work early this week, rough though, I'll charge accordingly.

Tonyr

Thanks Ebony,

can you tie a bottle onto a bird and let it fly?

Drive to the big smoke eh?

I need to get out more, very true!

Getting too used the the very laid back country life here I'll admit! LOL!

Also, I might get frightened with all of that traffic

Easycareacres

Heres a dif subject for you mate Have you ever had to pitch and level mowing deck on the toro ?
    I did the scags ans wow they were out, I did what the book said and still not bang on.

Tonyr

Actually no..

It cuts great now so no need to wander...but I should for my own piece of mind, just 'cause dealer says he did doesn't mean it was done...you know how it is lol.

I'll make time this weekend to check that stuff, fine tune cut height against machine height system...etc.

Easycareacres

ok Tony im going to try see if can post the tyre pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tonyr

Thanks Russ,

The one on the right looks like what I have now, carlysle? they tend to slip a lot at 15psi.

Bugger me if I could remember the one on the previous mower, had a round tread not square, might ask Avery on the other forum as he just bought a Z355.

Am I right, the right one being a carslyle?

In your world in the big smoke, can you make a good living just doing ride on work for large lawns and acreages, mow, trim, weed spraying only, no garden work?

Easycareacres

yep the tyre on left is a carysle and traction not as good as the maxxis, the guys comented straight away so much better.
    Yes I enjoyed mowing the acerages made good money on my own but with contract always growing I let all 70 odd customers go as no time.
    LOL Im not in the big smoke I live in rural area full of lifestyle blocks. I hate the cities to busy for me. lol

Tonyr

Hi Russell,

Just confirming...

Which one in your pic. is the Carlisle?

The one on the right looks the same as my Carlisle's which I find not very grippy...so just want to double check.

Easycareacres

the carlyse is tire on right

Tonyr

OK, Ended up putting BITRON in it, no good.

Went back and they put a tube in it for free, so far so good.

Got some goo from Ebony coming, I'll put that in the tube over the weekend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast